Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People paid way more for custom Catwoman 1/6 figures. There’s no other choice in the market. You can wait until Hot Toys or Inart but you could be waiting for nothing. And I doubt the price/value will be that much different to what we’re getting here.
People buy the 2.0…3.0….3.1…version of the same character which equals a couple thousand dollars, but one figure at a high price blows their minds.

Well, those are staggered, and incremental, and this is up-front. And we still don't know how well the suit material is going to look (pixels?) or hold up. Also, comparing CUSTOM prices to a mass release is...a choice.

And if these prices are normalized NOW, then they will be the baseline going forward. I cannot see Penguin being cheaper, considering he's going require a LOT more tooling and specialization. And his outfits/accessories are WAY more complex.

Well, those are staggered, and incremental, and this is up-front. And we still don't know how well the suit material is going to look (pixels?) or hold up. Also, comparing CUSTOM prices to a mass release is...a choice.

And if these prices are normalized NOW, then they will be the baseline going forward. I cannot see Penguin being cheaper, considering he's going require a LOT more tooling and specialization. And his outfits/accessories are WAY more complex.
How are Penguins outfits more complex? It's soft, tailored, semi-lose fitting clothes compared to a skin tight material that has to be made to last and give acceptable articulation.

His type of outfit has been recreated a million times in 1/6 scale already.

Last edited:
Functioning umbrellas with moveable components, etc. Tailoring and specific pattern recreations vs. solid black.
A friggin third party company (Eternal Toys Gentleman of Crime) perfectly nailed a working Penguin umbrella already.

A suit for a fat guy isn't rocket science.

People paid way more for custom Catwoman 1/6 figures. There’s no other choice in the market. You can wait until Hot Toys or Inart but you could be waiting for nothing. And I doubt the price/value will be that much different to what we’re getting here.

InArts Catwoman would for sure be $500+ like Legolas.

I'm specifically thinking of the Mayor outfit, which is what Jazzinc alluded they were working on, if I'm not mistaken.
Correct. There is absolutely nothing difficult about the recreation of that outfit in the 1/6 scale world.

A custom body will require different measurements. Not a game changing challenge imo.

Yes, the Penguin's onesey is comparable to Catwoman's catsuit.
I'd agree with that if Catwomans costume were made of cloth. Then they'd both be pretty straight forward.

Fitting tailored cloth to a skinny body is no harder or easier than doing it for a fat body. The only difference is the measurements.

Not the best example to use, though, since it seems to be some sort of odd manipulated image with an older Michelle (and no stitches!) based on this:

22Ipt9I.jpg
Yes, sorry. I knew someone would call me out on that, but I just included that picture to support my own argument on wanting a stoic expression, just wanted more pictures in addition to the ones I included as well below:

77576343-8196-4007-B3F9-AA8B7667DFF4.jpeg
DCD80525-92C0-4397-9798-8D979A6F3375.jpeg

InArt, for all their efforts and good reputation had a few QC issues too with a couple of their releases. No company is perfect, and QC issues can affect any mass produced product.
Even the mega massive Hot Toys has had it’s fair share of QC over the years.

I get what you’re saying but QC issues are something you risk with any new product from a company.

Jazzinc has gotta start somewhere and they aren’t going to start small, they’re gonna aim high.
Exactly! and Inart's an already large and successful company who had already produced amazingly lifelike statues for a number of years. So if they are not immune to qc issues makes me even more worried for a very small and fresh company, I mean is Jazzinc just one guy? I don't know.

Exactly! and Inart's an already large and successful company who had already produced amazingly lifelike statues for a number of years. So if they are not immune to qc issues makes me even more worried for a very small and fresh company, I mean is Jazzinc just one guy? I don't know.

Yes. His full name is Jazz Ink and he _is_ just one guy! A guy with a mission, with an international army of minions!

I saw it on tv. I just report what I hear.

Z

It’s a family run business who have been making vehicles for a while now. They aren’t new to this. It’s also not Joost and his family sitting in a room putting these figures together, they are going through artists and factories just like any other company does. There are skilled and experienced people across this entire project, not just one guy sitting at home in Denmark being delusional having no clue what he’s doing.

Well, those are staggered, and incremental, and this is up-front. And we still don't know how well the suit material is going to look (pixels?) or hold up.

Joost answered a question yesterday about the latex used for suit:

Tanapon Sak

12 hours ago

I have a question here I think Catwoman suit made by latex suit and the future it will peeling faux like artificial leather ?
🤔

JazzInc Dioramas
Admin

We have found a source that will guarantee it for 5 years even in direct sunlight. That is the best guarantee in the industry.

(And there it is, the ephemeral nature of this kind of figure. I have pleather that's over a decade old and still fine though).

Last edited:
It’s a family run business who have been making vehicles for a while now. They aren’t new to this. It’s also not Joost and his family sitting in a room putting these figures together, they are going through artists and factories just like any other company does. There are skilled and experienced people across this entire project, not just one guy sitting at home in Denmark being delusional having no clue what he’s doing.
Are you sure? One his FB page members yesterday told us after someone had a minor issue with this release, that Joost and his family are "literally killing themselves to get these products made for us to enjoy" so it sounds a bit more than what you describe.

Perhaps the battle damaged version makes the most sense, any deterioration should be less noticeable on it.

Still, five years is a bit short,
it’d be different if this was a character like Ledger Joker where you know a superior version is likely imminent in those five years.

It’s possible this is the only 1:6 licensed Pfeiffer we get, so to spend $1k+ with the likelihood of not being able to upgrade when deterioration sets in is.. worrisome.

I get it’s the nature of the material, but is it worth it to throw $1k when you’re told it’s inevitably going to happen soon.

At least when an upgrade becomes available you don’t care as much about the deterioration of the old figure or the money spent.

Back