Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which three of these four should be part of the Clean DX set?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually 5 years minimum warrantee in direct sunlight from any material supplier is the highest guarantee you can get. That does NOT mean it will deteriorate in 5 years. It just means it is the best any supplier can offer. For legal reasons NO-ONE guarantees fabrics for a lifetime. Your hot toys figures will come with a limited 1 year warranty. does that mean they fall apart after one year? Does that mean you won't buy hot toys any more? I can see you need a reason not to buy. Can't you just say I dont trust them to do a good job or something?
Actually apart from 1/4 Endoskeleton I don't own any Hot Toys, I stopped buying them as I was sick of constant re-issues that would improve the figure and make the one I own inferior.
Will JazzInc be re-issuing figures in the future?
I also did not like the short longevity of some of there outfits like these in the pic I added below. If this happens to some of their products who have been in the game for years, then it makes me wary of a new 1/6 company using latex and silicone bodies.

I said I'm looking for reasons not to buy because I really like Catwoman and really want it and have almost pulled the trigger but for the high price, I just cannot justify dropping $400 or nearly $600 for the delux from kit when the body is silicone and the outfit latex and also the company has no history in producing 1/6 figures.
And yes the reason is because I cannot trust a company that is giving us a silicone seamless body and latex outfit for their first big 1/6 release.

hot toys pleather 2.jpg

Last edited:
Many people here are very extreme and dramatic. They don't understand how materials react to sun. If you put leather, cloth, plastic or even metal in the sun in less than a year that thing will look completely different and probably ruined.
Prefer to get dramatic now, before I shell out the $600, rather than after if and when my latex Catwoman turns into a sticky mess

Fun Critter GIF by THE REMARKABLES

On the subject of whether this figure will last more than 5 years or not, here is my thought: I drive 2 hours round-trip each day for work, which means I'm putting about 25,000 miles on my car each year. Tires for my car run close to 1K, so I get about 18 months out of them before I have to buy new ones. I know tires and toys aren't the same thing, and we expect one to last forever compared to the other, but ultimately it's still $1K for a finite period of time...I'll take the 5 year approximation and enjoy her on my shelf in the meantime, no problem.

Here are my 2 cents. No figure's outfit is guaranteed forever. Anytime you use any kind of latex or pleather it will break down eventually. But it seems Joost has chosen something that actually has been tested for some durability and should last for some time. When is the last time you heard Howard give two s**** about what kind of fabric Hot Toys is using on anything?

This may be a bit off topic but I think it might be of interest to those here.

I just came across this product for treating figures with a silicone spray to protect them from degradation over time. I’ll attach some screen grabs to this. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this product. I am just a collector as most of you are.

This spray system may be sufficient to prolong your Jazzinc Catwoman’s life if you are so concerned about that. Personally I know that Joost’s 5 year material limit was a minimum, not a maximum. Or even a probable. It was not a “Sell by” or “Expired” date. Sheesh.

Anyway, here’s a possible answer to some of the anxiety about Catwoman’s costume longevity.

Z

Attachments

• IMG_6746.jpeg
    IMG_6746.jpeg
    222.6 KB
  • IMG_6749.jpeg
    IMG_6749.jpeg
    460.5 KB
  • IMG_6748.jpeg
    IMG_6748.jpeg
    492 KB
  • IMG_6750.jpeg
    IMG_6750.jpeg
    697.1 KB
Why are people taking a 5 year guarantee in direct sunlight as a assumption the material will turn to dust in 5 years?

Kept away from such extreme conditions and well maintained the suit will likely last well beyond a decade.

What more can you ask for?

I guess I'm having trouble understanding the folks that have made it abundantly clear (multiple times already) they will not be purchasing this, yet continue to post the exact same reasons why, over.. and over... and over again.

Now, I'm not trying to gatekeepe discussion here, but it boggles the mind why one would take the time to do this, repeatedly. Am I missing something, here?
I feel the same as you. I believe a lot of it has to do with the culture nowadays and everybody thinking they’re important and that they want everyone to hear everything they have to say. It’s the look at me look at me look at me culture we’re living in. And some of these people do this on every single thread and nitpick every little thing they can find to nitpick point blank if you don’t like the product, don’t buy it. If you have concerns, listen to your gut and again don’t buy it. I completely understand wanting to voice your concerns but multiple pages of the same complaint is just redundant and to be honest quite annoying. As for some people and they’re unrealistic expectations, it’s just amazing to me. I’m really surprised that nobody has started chiming in that unless the rooted hair on Catwoman are direct clippings from Michelle Pfeiffer’s hair that it is Unacceptable and that they won’t be buying the product.

I feel the same as you. I believe a lot of it has to do with the culture nowadays and everybody thinking they’re important and that they want everyone to hear everything they have to say. It’s the look at me look at me look at me culture we’re living in. And some of these people do this on every single thread and nitpick every little thing they can find to nitpick point blank if you don’t like the product, don’t buy it. If you have concerns, listen to your gut and again don’t buy it. I completely understand wanting to voice your concerns but multiple pages of the same complaint is just redundant and to be honest quite annoying. As for some people and they’re unrealistic expectations, it’s just amazing to me. I’m really surprised that nobody has started chiming in that unless the rooted hair on Catwoman are direct clippings from Michelle Pfeiffer’s hair that it is Unacceptable and that they won’t be buying the product.
I'm choosing to just let it go. I'm over it. They've every right to voice their concerns (even if I think it pushes the bounds of redundancy) and engaging with them only makes them feel the (understandable) need to defend their opinions.

I get that. And I don't hold it against them. Trying to just move on from that whole debate, honestly.

Live and let live.

Back