Jim Henson: Idea Man - Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side note, I was lucky to join an online webinar by Toby Froud. It was an hour long presentation and he covered his childhood as the son of Brian and Wendy Froud, his involvement with Labyrinth and his eventual entry into the world of puppets and stop-motion - he worked at Laika on Boxtrolls, not to mention his involvement in The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance. It was run by the Centre for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta. Just an amazing experience with so many wonderful BTS images and video. I'm grateful the timing lined up to be 9am in Melbourne, Australia!

Seems like a wonderful doc about the man’s life. Yep, grew up with him for a lot of my years. Sadly I don’t do Disney at all. They’re not a company I care to support.
Fair enough. :)
Their docos on ILM and this are pretty great though. About the only thing worth it for me (I'm actually using a friends account, so....)

Seems like a wonderful doc about the man’s life. Yep, grew up with him for a lot of my years. Sadly I don’t do Disney at all. They’re not a company I care to support.
Once upon a time, there were some infiltrators at Disney who managed to hijack its evil infra-structure and use it to do good. It became a show called The Mandalorian, of which seasons 1 & 2 are a must-see...

Once upon a time, there were some infiltrators at Disney who managed to hijack its evil infra-structure and use it to do good. It became a show called The Mandalorian, of which seasons 1 & 2 are a must-see...
I had a Disney subscription for a while and watched The Mandelorian. When they fired Gina Carano I canceled it. I had a cable subscription and turned it on to watch F1. There was no ESPN that day as I watched a scroll: “We offered Disney a fair amount of money for their services but it was declined.” They were in negotiations over money and Disney wanted more. I looked up how much Charter/Spectrum was paying them. Get this: 2.6 billion for the 2024 year. No kidding. I can’t support that level of greed. I canceled my cable after that. I now pay for F1 TV as a streaming service. I won’t pay for ESPN knowing it’s owned by Disney. Sadly no Jim Henson doc until it hit Netflix or something else. 😑

Born in the 80's , this is my childhood. Sesame Street , Muppets :love: :blissy :blissy :clap :clap :rock:rock

Kermit The Frog Film GIF
Stand-Up Lol GIF by Muppet Wiki
kermit the frog GIF
Kermit The Frog Muppets GIF
Kermit The Frog Yes GIF
Loop Drumming GIF
Road Trip Lol GIF
Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki
Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network
200.gif
Working Cookie Monster GIF

Jim Henson Dancing GIF by Muppet Wiki
jim henson vintage GIF
miss piggy 80s GIF

I had a Disney subscription for a while and watched The Mandelorian. When they fired Gina Carano I canceled it. I had a cable subscription and turned it on to watch F1. There was no ESPN that day as I watched a scroll: “We offered Disney a fair amount of money for their services but it was declined.” They were in negotiations over money and Disney wanted more. I looked up how much Charter/Spectrum was paying them. Get this: 2.6 billion for the 2024 year. No kidding. I can’t support that level of greed. I canceled my cable after that. I now pay for F1 TV as a streaming service. I won’t pay for ESPN knowing it’s owned by Disney. Sadly no Jim Henson doc until it hit Netflix or something else. 😑
I fully understand any and all reasons for wanting to unsubscribe. There's so much more to dislike than like about Disney ever since their aquisition of Lucasfilm, maybe even before then. And I agree that firing Carano was a really bad decision. I can understand their irrational and short term reasoning behind it, but I personally absolutely despise cancel culture and will never root for people who subscribe to and/or enforce it. Disney had a golden oportunity to lead the way for a more grown-up model of dealing with opposing political perspectives in show-biz, but they blew it. Just like they're currently wasting every single chance at making something worthwhile with the Star Wars IP...

Back