JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same boat as everyone else, never liked the smiling sculpt, but I’m excited for the neutral expression. The flatness of the hair looks good.

Smiling one looks like he’s taking an awkward highschool yearbook photo. Hasn't looked right since the prototype.

With the normal sculpt, while paint looks great, I feel like the hair brings the likeness down. I like the sculpt far better on the left than the right, even though they’re the same.

Agreed. He looks really great on the left without the hair, but with the hair, I feel it's suddenly pretty meh. If the production version turns out like this, I can't wait to see the inevitable rehair.

Even the smiling sculpt without hair is not looking bad here IMO - like he's in the middle of saying "hi" to Dent in the hospital. But once the hair is on, he just looks awkward in a bad way.

If the hair turns out awful then alot of people are gonna p***ed especially when 1 figure cost more than the Inart 2 pack.

Also adding to that rehairing this won't be like a normal figure it would be pulled out and then punched due to silicone.

It's in their best interests to make sure that hair is fixed. :dunno

The only issue with the hair for me is how the hairline is way too obviously hair plugs.

At 1:1 scale, the hairs would be spaced at least 6mm apart which would look embarrassingly awful or a real person.
Perhaps at standard viewing distance it won’t be an issue at all but it’s very apparent in photos.

There needs to be some sort of solution that can fill out the hairline without having to massively bulk up the entire head with excessive amounts of hair like IA and HT.

The paint looks pretty good, matte as it should be.

The hair doesn't impress me. There is too much empty space after the hairline. I would prefer the hair to start thin, which would be accurate to heath, then get slighty fuller.
A slightly more brown/blonde color to the hair would improve the likeness as well.

They are comparing the paint on the production pieces to the prototypes. The hair is completely irrelevant in that picture.
I’m sure they will improve on that just like they did with the paint.

Back