JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And sorry no, it very much is a change of tune.
If you say so I guess it’s gospel then

Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff

If you say so I guess it’s gospel then

Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff
Everyone said it wasn’t possible when it was announced that they’d surpass their prototype, despite them clearly stating that to be their main objective with this line, people thought they couldn’t even match it? Only about 7 or 8 of us didn’t absolutely dog it out when it was announced. So where’s your point coming from?

Everyone said it wasn’t possible when it was announced that they’d surpass their prototype, despite them clearly stating that to be their main objective with this line, people thought they couldn’t even match it? Only about 7 or 8 of us didn’t absolutely dog it out when it was announced. So where’s your point coming from?
That this maybe is a slight overreaction from a singular blurry photos that is supposedly a “production” piece. Also please don’t lump my opinion in with others that “dogged it” you can check my post history and see I said this doesn’t look like heath in proto photos, but happy for those that pick it up.

That this maybe is a slight overreaction from a singular blurry photos that is supposedly a “production” piece. Also please don’t lump my opinion in with others that “dogged it” you can check my post history and see I said this doesn’t look like heath in proto photos, but happy for those that pick it up.
My apologies, I know you specifically weren’t giving it a hard time. I stated that as that’s what happened in January.

You can only judge a proto so much, as that’s not what’s being offered from anyone no matter increase or decrease. As we’re seeing, there’s varying degrees of that drop and rise.

My question to you since you believe this to not be a production piece, then what is it? It’s clearly JND 1:6 Heath, It’s July, the figure is slated for Q1 25’, the paint apps on this don’t match, nor does the similarities in likeness to what we saw up for preorder. It can’t be anything other than a production piece. If their production is done in house, why the need for multiple samples later on? I highly doubt they’d make a superior sample that isn’t even on a spec of preorder photos. Gary said it was stated to be a production piece on the FB, I didn’t see the post so I don’t have knowledge of who said it but it makes sense given what we’re seeing.

Last edited:
My apologies, I know you specifically weren’t giving it a hard time. I stated that as that’s what happened in January.

You can only judge a proto so much, as that’s not what’s being offered from anyone no matter increase or decrease. As we’re seeing, there’s varying degrees of that drop and rise.

My question to you since you believe this to not be a production piece, then what is it? It’s clearly JND 1:6 Heath, It’s July, the figure is slated for Q1 25’, the paint apps on this don’t match, nor does the similarities in likeness to what we saw up for preorder. It can’t be anything other than a production piece.
No worries dude, also easy answer from me. Production piece means to me what is gonna be shipped to buyers. You could also view production piece as meaning WIP. If you see it as the latter then it’s more than likely that. However, if it’s the former then I doubt that we would be seeing such so early in advance. I know JND has delivered earlier than expected recently, but while that is commendable from them it is definitely not the norm. Regardless of industry/product.

No worries dude, also easy answer from me. Production piece means to me what is gonna be shipped to buyers. You could also view production piece as meaning WIP. If you see it as the latter then it’s more than likely that. However, if it’s the former then I doubt that we would be seeing such so early in advance. I know JND has delivered earlier than expected recently, but while that is commendable from them it is definitely not the norm. Regardless of industry/product.
Well, if we compare this to InArt and their Joker -

InArt

Preorders began in March 2022
Production began in July 2022
First orders shipped around January 2023

JND

Preorders began in December 2023
Production appears have began in June or July 2024
First orders to ship around January 25 ( Q1 25’)

Makes sense, these require a lot more labor than the InArt set did, they’d need to be on top of things if they were to bring this quality to us by Q1 25’.

Well, if we compare this to InArt and their Joker -

InArt

Preorders began in March 2022
Production began in July 2022
First orders shipped around January 2023

JND

Preorders began in December 2023
Production appears have began in June or July 2024
First orders ship around January 25 ( Q1 25’)

Makes sense, these require a lot more labor than the InArt set did, they’d need to be on top of things if they were to bring this quality to us by Q1 25’.
Fair point

As a side note though. If that was the timeline for Inart’s first release then holy hell did that production speed drop off for future releases

Fair point

As a side note though. If that was the timeline for Inart’s first release then holy hell did that production speed drop off for future releases
First orders being the bloggers and orders placed directly through Queen Studios, the rest of us anywhere from March - Sep 23’.

This JND release is much more limited quantity so it might not drag on as long, it’s speculated InArt was around 10-15k units, not 100% clarity on those numbers though.

No stitching on the lapels but they did get the second thread that flows through the pocket stopping short, that’s a first. Buttons look really good. Depending on how Hye Hwa’s coat comes out, this might be the best of the best. It’s better than any custom or licensed option we currently have.

IMG_2770.jpeg

Yeah the outfit looks really good, I need a lite version. Don't need that headsculpt at all.

Smiling one looks like he’s taking an awkward highschool yearbook photo. Hasn't looked right since the prototype.

With the normal sculpt, while paint looks great, I feel like the hair brings the likeness down. I like the sculpt far better on the left than the right, even though they’re the same.

Back