JND Studios: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 1:3 Harrison Ford and Sean Connery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy mother of God. If that's the productions piece, there goes my deposit.

Hat looks wrong. Harry-high-pants. Pant color. Beer-gut stance. WTF? I get lens distortion etc, but this is all kinds of wrong - and the Henry still looks okay in that shot.

The portrait of awful and he looks like he's got no upper body mass.

I hope this isn't as bad as it's looking here.

Holy mother of God. If that's the productions piece, there goes my deposit.

Hat looks wrong. Harry-high-pants. Pant color. Beer-gut stance. WTF? I get lens distortion etc, but this is all kinds of wrong - and the Henry still looks okay in that shot.

The portrait of awful and he looks like he's got no upper body mass.

I hope this isn't as bad as it's looking here.
Yep. I really want to like this, but this is bad. I need more pictures, but I may have to cancel this. Oof.

I think a lot of what looks wrong here is how he was set up and not futzed properly. I agree that the pants color looks shockingly wrong though. I'm not sure if it's just the pics, but that color does not look right.

The portrait is definitely the same still and the hat was not tweaked at all, which is disappointing. That hat needs work, at the very least a new paintjob.

That’s a big miss for me dawg. Why are Henry’s pants sagging so badly? Isn’t JND themselves there to set these up properly? Why does Indy look like he’s leaning back? WHY IS HIS HAT SO BIG???

The hat is actually just about the right size based on the photo taken further away. The height of the crown should be just about the same length as his face, which looks correct. I think it's just shadow messing with you.

I do agree that they did an awful job of setting these up. Awful lighting, awful futzing, but the sculpt actually looks pretty ok. I compared it to the one cking did photoshop on that everyone loves and it looks comparable if you overlook the lens distortion, terrible white balance, awful lighting, and just bad photography and bad setup.

Apparently confirmed by JND production piece

Attachments

• IMG_6171.jpeg
    IMG_6171.jpeg
    259.3 KB
I don’t think they incorporated any of @cking’s suggestions at all.
What a MASSIVE disappointment. They thanked me for shipping the correct pants fabric to them and said the artist in charge of this piece expressed his thanks also and they would make sure production was as close to the real fabric as they could make.
They haven't changed anything on the face and still stuck with that ridiculous eyebrow expression that he hardly ever does in the movie. I'm seriously considering cancelling mine too which means I'll have some pretty awesome Raiders upgrade parts available for anyone who wants to try and do what I was going to do (turn it into something more closely resembled the Raiders version).

Well, looks like I will have to keep my Indy single statue on order as ToysRemz Collectibles will actually keep 50% of the amount paid. 30% being a non-refundable deposit and then another 20% added on top of that as a "Penalty fee" due to the customer changing their mind. Wow, I need to seriously reconsider ever buying something as expensive as this on a pre-order in the future!

Last edited:
Well, looks like I will have to keep my Indy single statue on order as ToysRemz Collectibles will actually keep 50% of the amount paid. 30% being a non-refundable deposit and then another 20% added on top of that as a "Penalty fee" due to the customer changing their mind. Wow, I need to seriously reconsider ever buying something as expensive as this on a pre-order in the future!
That would definitely be my last order with them, that’s for dang sure.

How can they not get the colors correct on his costume? It's not rocket science! I just don't get it.
(My color adjusted version on the right).

Attachments

• 538236-IMG-6159 copy.jpg
    538236-IMG-6159 copy.jpg
    647.4 KB
Last edited:
There is but I don't think its correct. I see in the Facebook post listing this that the OP has listed that this is still a prototype.
I'm not on facebook so I'm intrigued to hear what the reaction has been to these photos and have JND given any kind of official reply? They need to do some rapid fire-fighting on this to try and give people the confidence not to cancel after seeing these photos.

Last edited:
I'm not on facebook so I'm intrigued to hear what the reaction has been to these photos and have JND given any kind of official reply? They need to do some rapid fire-fighting on this to try and give people the confidence not to cancel after seeing these photos.
Interestingly enough, someone just posted @cking edit on JND’s FB page.

Attachments

• IMG_8032.jpeg
    IMG_8032.jpeg
    1.4 MB
Interestingly enough, someone just posted @cking edit on JND’s FB page.
I sent this directly to JND too after I did it (as well as a couple of other people sending it to them from what I've been told), but they don't appear to have taken note according to what we're seeing at Wonder Fest (unless that isn't actually a production version they've showed after all).

Back