JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, this is definite the best mass produced Reeve statue to date, no doubt about it now. Thank you @cking for sharing :hi5: Definitely glad ordered and feel confident in paying the balance now. Praying the customs process won't be as bad this time with this set like it was for my Cavill Sups. Looking forward to what Clark looks like. Hopefully no changes as that was absolutely perfect IMO.

Like you said, hopefully Indy gets a good update like this as well.
Fingers crossed!

Yup, this is definite the best mass produced Reeve statue to date, no doubt about it now.
"to date" is doing all the work here. 😉

I will not be at all surprised if Blitzway puts something out in the next four years that has far more raves as far as the likeness goes.

But that still leaves the rendition of the costume, pose, and base- any of which could be disappointingly executed to your (or my) tastes.
For my continued quibbles with the likeness on this, at least I know those other aspects are all stellar and more to my tastes than most P1/Blitzway pieces are.

"to date" is doing all the work here. 😉

I will not be at all surprised if Blitzway puts something out in the next four years that has far more raves as far as the likeness goes.

But that still leaves the rendition of the costume, pose, and base- any of which could be disappointingly executed to your (or my) tastes.
For my continued quibbles with the likeness on this, at least I know those other aspects are all stellar and more to my tastes than most P1/Blitzway pieces are.
Tough call to make for sure. Hold out for "something better", or miss out on this truly superb effort at 1/3 scale. The costume sculpting and physical proportions to match Reeve's physique will not be beaten in my opinion. I've seen many attempts over the years, but nothing has come anywhere near close to this accuracy (costume and anatomy wise) in all the years I've been collecting. Coupled with the exquisite Clark Kent statue and the truly incredible attention to detail on the face paint apps, I just couldn't cancel my order for this and am very pleased with what I'm seeing in the production piece. Roll on next week for the proper reveal photos!

Agreed cking, from the neck down it's perfection, so based on that alone it is hard to pass up on this version just because you're waiting for something potentially better to come along. That may happen of course, but even if it does happen it could be 10+ years down the line.

Back