JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to some folks on FB, the first look/unboxing videos from JND will be during the first week of October.

I see what you mean. I just wanted to try and get ahead of the curve with the shipping headache that I know will come up but, I agree, it sounds like it might be easier just to let JND and FedEx do all the legwork. Thanks for explanation. Much appreciated
No problem. Happy to share and hopefully help :duff

JND Christopher Reeve Superman Unboxing & Review Coming Soon

Looks Like this YouTube Channel will have an Unboxing and Review Soon. The head sculpt looks updated using elements from the first version and most recent skin tones etc. .If they go with this version I will be very happy!
Thanks for sharing! EDIT: never mind to the rest of my post :lol Looks really good in that still! Looks like they fixed the hair and brought back the half smile if that is the production piece 🤞🏼 the imagine isn’t from the first photo set before the change or the new set afterwards, so I imagine it is the production headsculpt

IMG_3565.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to Superfandom's Youtube page. Subscribed and enabled notifications! Now I will be waiting for this unboxing to appear! Fingers crossed everyone.

They messed with it because EVERYONE seemed to complain when it was first released. Reading back through the threads, everyone complained about skin tones, hair, chin, etc., when I think the only real thing that needed some tweaking was a hair restyling and a slightly wider neck. Facebook armchair sculptors and designers mistook skin tone for camera lighting and camera filters and we then instead, we got a brand new everything...

Again, I think neither sculpt is perfect, but both are very good.

James is just doing a live youtube stream and I asked him if he'd got any photos of the production Reeve. He showed some of his iphone photos that he took while the team were shooting the production video. It looks great but as he said in his reply to my question - he didn't really want people to judge it based on his poor quality iphone photos. He said that the production video will be shown next week!
Please remember that these are screenshots from a livestream where James was holding his phone up to his webcam, so it's pretty obvious that the official final shots / video will look a lot better than this anyway. Even looking at these "poor quality" images, I'm personally seeing a LOT of Christopher Reeve in these images.

Attachments

• JND13.jpg
    JND13.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 0
  • jnd4.jpg
    jnd4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
James is just doing a live youtube stream and I asked him if he'd got any photos of the production Reeve. He showed some of his iphone photos that he took while the team were shooting the production video. It looks great but as he said in his reply to my question - he didn't really want people to judge it based on his poor quality iphone photos. He said that the production video will be shown next week!
Please remember that these are screenshots from a livestream where James was holding his phone up to his webcam, so it's pretty obvious that the official final shots / video will look a lot better than this anyway. Even looking at these "poor quality" images, I'm personally seeing a LOT of Christopher Reeve in these images.
Oh well. If it will look like that than it is great. However I don't understand JND. The came up with a bad upgrade that caused uproar and many people cancelled their statues (including me) and now they did an update again under the carpet and basically this is the best version and they mixed the two sculpt together.

I don't think there's too much difference between this and the re-order version. I'm not really seeing much of version 1 in here though - It's the re-order version which has been refined a bit more (which is what JND say they will aim to do with all of their production versions anyway - as seen with their recent Arwen production version vs prototype).

Last edited:
I don't think there's too much difference between this and the re-order version. I'm not really seeing much of version 1 in here though - It's the re-order version which has been refined a bit more (which is what JND say they will aim to do with all of their production versions anyway - as seen with their recent Arwen production version vs prototype).
Eyes and the chin are different. Eyes are as big as they should be here and the chin is wider.

Eyes and the chin are different. Eyes are as big as they should be here and the chin is wider.
Well that's awesome! Glad I stuck it out in that case. I'll be really interested to see in person how the Clark and Superman compare when viewed right next to each other. I got mine from an approved retailer so I guess I'll be waiting for a while until JND has shipped out all the direct orders first. Let's hope the final Indy portrait has some positive improvements too!

Well if it is truly like that on the new photos than I will probably going to buy it again. When will they reveal the product version? When exactly next week?

Yup, this is definite the best mass produced Reeve statue to date, no doubt about it now. Thank you @cking for sharing :hi5: Definitely glad i ordered and feel confident in paying the balance now. Praying the customs process won't be as bad this time with this set like it was for my Cavill Sups. Looking forward to what Clark looks like. Hopefully no changes as that was absolutely perfect IMO.

Like you said, hopefully Indy gets a good update like this as well.

Last edited:
Back