Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this Joker could inspire such passion and influence on me... but I don't find this movie worth the effort or time.

It's fun to just beat up on. Wasn't that Phillips intent, anyway?

One more kick in the gut before I stagger off to my pied-a-terre.

Yeah I mean, the movie was trash. But I kept seeing this thread at the top for like, over a week now and I'm like, what could there possibly be left to discuss at this point?

But yeah, like you said. Fun to beat up on it for a while. Nothing makes our bunch around here happier than complaining about something lol.

Such is the way of a 'Freak'

I wish this Joker could inspire such passion and influence on me... but I don't find this movie worth the effort or time.

Hey, hey! Nobody likes people using French words mon copain!

Why should Nolan's want be respected, I don't understand? He didn't create the Joker character. Comic book versions of the character have a Chelsea smile.

Although I would have preferred if the ending went in focus to the new Jokor tattooing damoged on his chin.
you cannot deny that Todd Phillips is extremely spiteful and this movie is full of spite in front of the camera and behind

you cannot deny that Todd Phillips is extremely spiteful and this movie is full of spite in front of the camera and behind
Dude was on a farm during the premiere I hope he gets black listed. What a weird and stupid thing to do. Like seriously it’s like he wanted to kill his career

I never read an article anywhere regarding the film..
Fair enough. Well, I don't believe there was any deep rooted issue with the green light and creation of this film. It's a sequel to a popular movie. It bombed. End of story.

Variety is running defense for WB, that much is painfully obvious. To the point of absolute absurdity, if you look at all the mental gymnastics the author goes through to convince the world that Todd is the Devil and essentially forced WB hand or had them bent over a barrel. Hilariously implausible imo.

It's timing is also impeccable..

There's no conspiracy here. The movie just didn't need to be made and everyone associated with it are to blame.

the simpsons GIF

Hmm... Do you genuinely think he made this film out of spite? Are you regurgitating what other people are thinking and saying because you actually believe it?

Have you seen, I think it's Vanity, his scene breakdowns of both the first film and this? He speaks of them both in a similar manner, and in depth, in the sense that he's put a lot of thought both in the writing and shooting of the films, but also with joy. The absurd narrative that he made the film to spite WB's and the audience is dumb af to be frank.

I genuinely don't know how anyone can watch this film and draw that conclusion, especially coming from the first film.

It's pretty f*cked up that Phillips still decided to do that scene after Nolan left. Zero respect for Nolan or Ledger.
Exactly. You could tell Ledger and Nolan had a great bond during their work together and both just genuine people.

I do not get the same vibe from these two.

Gary has to speak up for a film even Todd isn’t willing to do.

How hard is it to respect someone's decision? Nolan didn't want it, so accept that. To me it just feels wrong.
Exactly, you don’t **** on the better director, the better film, the better Joker, in your ****** sequel where you don’t even respect your own character.

Exactly. You could tell Ledger and Nolan had a great bond during their work together and both just genuine people.

I do not get the same vibe from these two.

Gary has to speak up for a film even Todd isn’t willing to do.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

Think about ittttttttt.

Mon Ami, s'il vous plait!

Hmm... Do you genuinely think he made this film out of spite? Are you regurgitating what other people are thinking and saying because you actually believe it?

Have you seen, I think it's Vanity, his scene breakdowns of both the first film and this? He speaks of them both in a similar manner, and in depth, in the sense that he's put a lot of thought both in the writing and shooting of the films, but also with joy. The absurd narrative that he made the film to spite WB's and the audience is dumb af to be frank.

I genuinely don't know how anyone can watch this film and draw that conclusion, especially coming from the first film.

making a musical for an audience that doesn't exist or didn't ask for it......
a movie that was mostly beloved by comic fans and a big male audience,
but let's turn it into a musical, yes, that's purely spite.

this is not the character to do a musical with

it makes no sense financially and makes no sense story wise,
the musical numbers ruin the plot. they ruin the pacing. they don't add anything.
that's why I know it's a form of spite.

then we hear that he wanted nothing to do with the studio and didn't accept any producer notes

WHO DOES THAT?
WHO IGNORES HIS OWN PRODUCERS?????
HOW IS THAT NOT SPITE????

making a musical for an audience that doesn't exist or didn't ask for it......
a movie that was mostly beloved by comic fans and a big male audience,
but let's turn it into a musical, yes, that's purely spite.

this is not the character to do a musical with

it makes no sense financially and makes no sense story wise,
the musical numbers ruin the plot. they ruin the pacing. they don't add anything.
that's why I know it's a form of spite.

then we hear that he wanted nothing to do with the studio and didn't accept any producer notes

WHO DOES THAT?
WHO IGNORES HIS OWN PRODUCERS?????
HOW IS THAT NOT SPITE????

Crows, imagine with me for one second, where an artistic person has an idea that they love, and they hope other people love it too...

Imagine...

Imagine all the people.

Now please welcome Gal Gadot:

Back