Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im 1 hour and 30 minutes in,

musical pieces are PISSING ME OFF. screw this man....im not even joking. what absolute trash. really annoying songs. awful cringe performances. waste of valuable time. I'm legitimately pissed off.
just imaginary nonsense mate. what awful garbache.....

court stuff was really good. very very good interesting stuff. I liked the court stuff a lot.

going back in now.

Why do you keep leaving your seat to go to the bathroom to give us breaking reports? You're bothering the patrons next to you.

All a movie does is ask you for two hours or so of your time, patience, and kindness... and you can't even do that...

I will be going tomorrow night.

I haven’t read any of the “character destroying” spoilers.

100% of people who loved the first one hate this movie, sheesh.

I love the first movie it’s a freaking masterpiece.

Bruce’s parents die, cuts to Joker awakening on the hood of the car as THE Joker, love it.

Phoenix is my favorite Joker in both acting and design.

Simply put he is a better actor than Ledger he just is.

I am so bummed out about Joker 2, sigh.
it's not bad. (;except the awful awful music numbers. )
it's just like Shawshank redemption. I enjoyed everything outside the music. even Gaga was nice.

Why do you keep leaving your seat to go to the bathroom to give us breaking reports? You're bothering the patrons next to you.

All a movie does is ask you for two hours or so of your time, patience, and kindness... and you can't even do that...

no I'm sitting in the first row. ain't bothering anyone.

Bruce’s parents die, cuts to Joker awakening on the hood of the car as THE Joker, love it.

Same. First was such a perfect ending to a perfect origin. A great else worlds take. Leave it the hell alone but no WB is greedy and stupid

ok I'm done with it
it is, not a bad movie. it is not. it's a prison drama.

this is a psychological study on criminals, the prison and court system, police, and on toxic fangirls.

joker is both a criminal but a victim. this movie is a case study in how the law treats criminals.

the entire movie is about how the court systems treats people

in both movies Arthur is a loser, he's powerless, he's pathetic. but he's vulnerable, he's hurt, he's frail.

under the right circumstances he would have been a nice person. he could have been kind, helpful.

he's treated like crap all the time since childhood. this led to the crimes in the first movie. he wasn't born evil. he was made.

and this movie is a case study in the way the law deals with him. that's all. this movie is entirely about the legal system

Last edited:
@jye4ever yea buddy. I’m warning you just stay away from this. It’ll taint the first one for you. Idk what they were thinking with this one. I mean still think for yourself but I’m warning ya . Im
Almost fine tho

Regardless if anyone likes or dislikes the movie- we need more movies like this that take bizarre chances, now more than ever. The majority of movies today are made by committee and are focus grouped to the max to shave off any interesting edges because studios are worried about a single nickel rolling out the door. You end up getting a lot of 'fine' movies, because they dont take enough risks to potentially be great. You just get a lot of 'safe' non offensive movies. The easy, day 1, first brainstormed idea for this sequel would to have had a joker causing all kinds of chaos in Gotham. It's possible that would have made a better movie in this case but there needs to be space for this kind of movie to exist. If this kind of movie can get made, were all better for it. Movies that take risky nonintuitive swings- like making a musical sequel to joker. I can tell you right now- when that concept was pitched, it most likely didn't go down easily. If you have an environment where these kinds of movies get made, you end up having more movies that don't work, but also have more movies that become classics that live on for decades as opposed to a lot of 'fine' and quickly disposable content. Long story short- I didn't really care for the movie but I'm happy it exists.

this movie is entirely about the legal system

oFntgLC.gif

I think if it's bad and completely undermines the first movie, you can just imagine it as the Joker having a fever dream or an episode of psychosis. Point being: if the movie has to be interpreted in some way, you can interpret it in your way (I think).

Regardless if anyone likes or dislikes the movie- we need more movies like this that take bizarre chances, now more than ever. The majority of movies today are made by committee and are focus grouped to the max to shave off any interesting edges because studios are worried about a single nickel rolling out the door. You end up getting a lot of 'fine' movies, because they dont take enough risks to potentially be great. You just get a lot of 'safe' non offensive movies. The easy, day 1, first brainstormed idea for this sequel would to have had a joker causing all kinds of chaos in Gotham. It's possible that would have made a better movie in this case but there needs to be space for this kind of movie to exist. If this kind of movie can get made, were all better for it. Movies that take risky nonintuitive swings- like making a musical sequel to joker. I can tell you right now- when that concept was pitched, it most likely didn't go down easily. If you have an environment where these kinds of movies get made, you end up having more movies that don't work, but also have more movies that become classics that live on for decades as opposed to a lot of 'fine' and quickly disposable content. Long story short- I didn't really care for the movie but I'm happy it exists.

deep down at its core this movie is like Ghostbusters 2
there's not much growth, take out the bells and whistles and on the plot itself, as far as character growth, there is none.

in character development, Ghostbusters 2 didn't have any character growth, they are just exactly where they were in Ghostbusters 1 in terms of being down on their luck, at the beginning of that movie.
they are low on money and went their different ways, they get together to investigate and catch ghosts, like a spiritual remake of Ghostbusters 1 as far as character growth...

with this joker they kind of play it safe in that way, there's no real continuation or growth from the first one, he's down on his luck, treated like crap. abused by the system around him.
no, I would say that this movie didn't take any real risks. it took risks in making it a musical and bringing Gaga
but it almost had the same character structure as the first.

I’ll be honest: I found this movie to be incredibly mean spirited…and that’s coming from someone who found audiences to be overly empathetic to Arthur in the first one. I don’t mind the musical numbers, to be honest. If anything, they were a nice little reprieve from the unrelenting urge to kill myself that the remaining run time of this movie elicited. Like, holy ****. I’ve never seen Requiem for a Dream, but I’ve heard about it and I feel like watching a tweaked out Jennifer Connelly degrade herself with double sided dildos for more meth would seem downright jovial compared to this ****.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. What a slog to get through this thing was. If the message of the first movie was “look at all the external circumstances that made Arthur snap,” this one is “everything’s trash. You’re trash. The world is a monstrous place that will consume you, wholly, and, when you die? You’re still going to be trash.” It feels like Phillips was trying to be meta and this was his way of telling audiences who showed up that “you get what you ******* deserve,” but, like, nobody asked for this, so, who, exactly, is the joke on here, guy? Warner Bros. for paying for this ****? Us for showing up and entertaining our morbid curiosity?

Just for context:

Our boy Gary from the first film makes an appearance to give a victim impact statement and, at no point does Todd Phillips display the self-awareness to take a step back and realize he created and wrote a character with dwarfism with the express purpose of being made to feel small and powerless in relation to our protagonist…and then brings him back to give a very well performed monologue about how he feels small and powerless every day, but never has he felt smaller and more powerless than when he was at Arthur’s mercy…and I don’t know. Something about it was just rubbing me the wrong way. Like, “you thought this was really deep, but it actually just seems like some **** a frat boy would come up with after taking a toke.” And, I feel like that last sentence could essentially sum up the whole damn movie.

What an absolute, hot mess of a motion picture. I think that Artisan Joker PO I reluctantly bit on is going the way of the dodo because this movie commits the cardinal sin of sequels: it renders the first film pointless.

Back