Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just going to say it, No man wants to see their hero rear-ended.

That's what they did literally to the Joker.

The execs know this and still did it. Their job was to make money and sell merch. No one wants any Joker merch after this movie. I went to the Toy section on this site, and others agree and are wanting to Cacenl their Joker Hot Toys.

They clearly did this on purpose, and it probably does have to do with the fact men liked him. It's probably the most obvious reason why he had to be destroyed.

Imagine sacrificing 100's millions-billion(s) of dollars for the message and to stick it to your audience.
Which is WILD to me because they are literally putting out toys for the original now. They literally are selling merch but now nobody wants that crap. They completely ruined money they were going to make. Collectors don’t want some loser named Arthur now. WB has got to be the dumbest company alive.

Not even Sony would give up the chance to sell merch. They make crap movies but they aren’t going to crap on venom just cause people like him. He’s not perfect but it’s still venom

Which doesn’t even count because Zazie Beetz character returns from the last movie so it’s a wash lol
You know what’s funny? By making this film that idiot destroyed the whole “was it all in his head” narrative. Remember we couldn’t tell what was real and what wasn’t so now the movie basically confirms 90 percent of it was real

You know what’s funny? By making this film that idiot destroyed the whole “was it all in his head” narrative. Remember we couldn’t tell what was real and what wasn’t so now the movie basically confirms 90 percent of it was real

He ruined that in the first one when he showed what was real and wasn't real.

Movies (like this) are not made to placate the nerd / comic collectors’ community— this film is an ‘Art-piece’

The acting was excellent - pacing was meandering and slow. Dark, depressing and a bleak portrayal of the world that this was set in.

Is it a hit to our conception of how things ‘are supposed to go?’ (With respect to our beloved characters— like Joker)

Yup.

Too bad.

Remember Hollywood is about art! Pure filmmaking (…and $$$)

Don’t worry some other Director and their writers will churn out another Joker related 🍿 🎥

you know how I said I was typing from the movie theater? and Wor-Gar was so upset that I was disturbing the people in the theater?

Taylor Swift Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
I got news for you….

We all knew you were fibbing lol

I got news for you….

We all knew you were fibbing lol

I could not IMAGINE paying for this .......
holy hell no way. just like with BORDERLANDS,

no way.....:sick:

Which is WILD to me because they are literally putting out toys for the original now. They literally are selling merch but now nobody wants that crap. They completely ruined money they were going to make. Collectors don’t want some loser named Arthur now. WB has got to be the dumbest company alive.

Not even Sony would give up the chance to sell merch. They make crap movies but they aren’t going to crap on venom just cause people like him. He’s not perfect but it’s still venom

the acolyte and joker toys coming to clearance to a BIG LOTS or ROSS very soon.

When something bombs this badly heads will roll..

I imagine it won't be the top execs, but some lower end effects guy or underling to cut costs

Basically because they wanted to own the original audience, some poor 9-5 production guy will lose his income.

I doubt Todd, or Phoenix or Gagged-on will donate their salaries to help them.

Philips and Phoenix will be cracking a bottle of champagne. WB execs will have egg on their faces.
Thank you Todd and Joaquin for ******** all over your creation and wasting my time! Sure taught them WB execs who greenlit this a lesson, sure did! Truly cinematic artistry at it's best!

I wonder what's the next franchise or character that will get metaphorically and literally raped to stick it to the evil studio execs who allowed this vision to see the light of day in the first place and will suffer zero consequences for it?

Thank you Todd and Joaquin for ******** all over your creation and wasting my time! Sure taught them WB execs who greenlit this a lesson, sure did! Truly cinematic artistry at it's best!

I wonder what franchise or character will get metaphorically and literally raped to stick it to the evil studio execs who allowed this vision to see the light of day in the first place?

In sincerity, what were you expecting from the sequel? The fact they even announced it as a musical should have been clue enough. Phoenix isn't the person to play a comic book character let alone a sequel comic-book character.

Protagonists being raped isn't unique to this film. I'm surprised WB greenlit it, and also not, it's an r-rated film, he was abused as a kid as already disclosed in the first.

I think the only thing they took a **** on was people's hopes and misconceptions.

... so who's going to watch it a second time?

*raises hand*
A bad joke doesn't get good by telling it a second time...

In sincerity, what were you expecting from the sequel?
For it to not get made in the first place.

The fact they even announced it as a musical should have been clue enough. Phoenix isn't the person to play a comic book character let alone a sequel comic-book character.

Protagonists being raped isn't unique to this film. I'm surprised WB greenlit it, and also not, it's an r-rated film, he was abused as a kid as already disclosed in the first.
I was surprised Phoenix even agreed to do the sequel in the first place but now it's clear him and Phillips just wanted to destroy what they created for ***** and giggles, all while getting paid for it.

I think the only thing they took a **** on was people's hopes and misconceptions.
So hoping a film is good and not disgustingly insulting to it's audience isn't what one should expect, got it.

I hope they make a third one where a fake Batman attempts to rape the fake Joker but in a shocking turn of events he gets raped instead and stops being the Batman. I reckon that would really subvert expectations and be a hit with the higher level thinkers.

ddd.gif

Last edited:
In sincerity, what were you expecting from the sequel? The fact they even announced it as a musical should have been clue enough. Phoenix isn't the person to play a comic book character let alone a sequel comic-book character.

i was expecting character growth.
I was expecting a proper continuation.
I was expecting a continuation of the ending of the last one. literally expecting the follow through of the ending

we didn't get it

People have every right to like this film,
but don’t tell the people that are disgusted by what tragedy Phillips has done to this character “they just didn’t get it”.

There’s no deep meaning behind this film and excusing its egregious mishandling of such an Iconic character because you don’t feel like Arthur was ever actually the Joker is a ridiculous train of thought, and frankly, sounds a bit like coping with the direction they took a character you were really beginning to like in the first picture.

Todd, the director, you know the guy with the vision to tell here, is outright telling you this is Joker, from the first film, onward.
Sure it’s his interpretation, though is it not meant to be the same character?

Take any other character as loved and widely known as this, completely change everything about them, change Superman, change Peter Parker.

Imagine Gunn deciding his Superman doesn’t fly and you’re just supposed to deal with that, and attempt to “get it”.

Going against the grain doesn’t make an exceptional film, nor does it give it the blanket of being called an “Art House” film.

The first was beautifully shot with a proper bow on its finale while still leaving its ending shrouded in darkness. There should always be a layer of mystery over the character you’re to be careful not to unveil, same with Myers.

You’re to know nothing about me.

Todd goes out of his way to answer questions no one raised, ultimately watering down a character that could’ve had a lot of depth while still keeping true to the ambiguity of The Joker’s very personality.

There’s zero ambiguity to Arthur, to Joker, and that’s a huge problem, lack of mystique, interest undoubtedly wains.

Part of what makes The Joker terrifying is when looking at his face you don’t have a clue what is going through his mind, a mad dog.

Ledger & Nicholson both are extremely fascinating without hardly knowing anything about either of them. You can only ride the down on your luck character trait for so long before it grew redundant, which to me, it did, halfway through the first film.

Which is why this film is so jarring.
Todd made it a point to show how bad
Fleck was treated in the first, practically begging you to feel sorry for the life path the character finds themself on with the intentional slow motion shots, the music cues then in this, there’s zero empathy from the Director.

So to not see any progress in either direction in the character is a complete waste of my two hours and twenty minutes, what are you telling that you didn’t the first time Todd.

Tack the last ten to fifteen minutes of this film onto the first, this one is rendered obsolete entirely, that’s not something you want to unearth in your script after throwing $200 Million at this.

Back