Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matrix 4 bro......matrix 4
how matrix 4 exist?
same budget. same type of movie. same deranged movie deal. same distaste for the fanbase.
same exact middle finger

how did matrix 4 get greenlit and released like that?
how? that's why I'm not shocked by joker 2.

at least joker 2 has some merit.
at least joker 2 is a regular real movie.
at least joker 2 could be argued that has a message

matrix 4 is just trash. and wb just greenlit it. never checked dailies
everyone forgot how trash that was
Shechowskis

Shechowskis

I made the poster you wanted

pXArvwy.jpeg

Hell if WB was smart they could course correct and have a pheonix like joker in a future movie and just say the second movie wasn’t canon lol

Just got back from the theater. I didn’t hate this.

It reminded me of the Last Jedi strangely. In parts this thing has a lot of good stuff in it but as a whole it’s a mess. The musical aspect could have worked with better songs. The visuals of them were fine but the singing was awful, perhaps intentionally, certainly so with Gaga at least. That was the big swing and a miss. I could see the vision but the execution left much to be desired. It could have worked and that’s probably something some test screenings could have helped with.

I’ve been popping in and out this thread all weekend so I went in with low expectations, which may have helped since it could only go up from there. Lots of beautiful shots in this and the non-musical score has that same haunting feeling from the first. That really helped create an atmosphere in Arkham.

I guess for me Arthur was never ‘the Joker’ we know from the comics. The first film seemingly established that to me. He’s ’a Joker’ but not the one were thinking he was going to be. I didn’t see this as a lack of character growth but that the character was never in line to become what some presumed he’d be. Arthur isn’t the same Arthur in this film, he has changed for sure but not in the way many were hoping, which has lead to a lot of the hate I think. This actually felt more realistic for him to have his 5 minutes of fame and then go back to what he was before. Knowing he could achieve some form of grandeur but only if he wasn’t his true self. He seems to accept that by the end, and his fans in the film aren’t accepting that much different than Joker fans in real life. Ironic.

This was a huge gamble and it just didn’t pay off. Remove the musical aspect, which admittedly was the core to Arthur and Harley’s relationship, and the rest of the movie is decent. Interesting choices for sure but the first film made some as well, albeit more successful and accepted ones. I was never the biggest Phoenix Joker fan. The first film is rough and a downer and not something I care to rewatch often. He’s fantastic for what the character is but he’s just not the Joker we really wanted. This guy was never meant to go toe to toe with a Batman.

These are an arthouse films about mental illness thinly wrapped in comic book packaging. An ‘Arthur Fleck’ film would have done well in the Oscar and festival circles but wouldn’t have made a billion dollars at the box office. Suddenly call it Joker and everyone goes to see it. The story could certainly have worked without the DC branding but the box office success would have been severely limited. This just wasn’t meant to be apart of a larger DC universe.

:lol $37.8 million is…
Hell if WB was smart they could course correct and have a pheonix like joker in a future movie and just say the second movie wasn’t canon lol

Maybe they'll put Phoenix's butt crack in cement on Hollywood Blvd to justify themselves.

Or better yet, Phoenix Joker becomes a new bit at La Cage aux Folles.

This movie is so much more fun to make fun of than it is to sit through.

Just got back from the theater. I didn’t hate this.

It reminded me of the Last Jedi strangely. In parts this thing has a lot of good stuff in it but as a whole it’s a mess. The musical aspect could have worked with better songs. The visuals of them were fine but the singing was awful, perhaps intentionally, certainly so with Gaga at least. That was the big swing and a miss. I could see the vision but the execution left much to be desired. It could have worked and that’s probably something some test screenings could have helped with.

I’ve been popping in and out this thread all weekend so I went in with low expectations, which may have helped since it could only go up from there. Lots of beautiful shots in this and the non-musical score has that same haunting feeling from the first. That really helped create an atmosphere in Arkham.

I guess for me Arthur was never ‘the Joker’ we know from the comics. The first film seemingly established that to me. He’s ’a Joker’ but not the one were thinking he was going to be. I didn’t see this as a lack of character growth but that the character was never in line to become what some presumed he’d be. Arthur isn’t the same Arthur in this film, he has changed for sure but not in the way many were hoping, which has lead to a lot of the hate I think. This actually felt more realistic for him to have his 5 minutes of fame and then go back to what he was before. Knowing he could achieve some form of grandeur but only if he wasn’t his true self. He seems to accept that by the end, and his fans in the film aren’t accepting that much different than Joker fans in real life. Ironic.

This was a huge gamble and it just didn’t pay off. Remove the musical aspect, which admittedly was the core to Arthur and Harley’s relationship, and the rest of the movie is decent. Interesting choices for sure but the first film made some as well, albeit more successful and accepted ones. I was never the biggest Phoenix Joker fan. The first film is rough and a downer and not something I care to rewatch often. He’s fantastic for what the character is but he’s just not the Joker we really wanted. This guy was never meant to go toe to toe with a Batman.

These are an arthouse films about mental illness thinly wrapped in comic book packaging. An ‘Arthur Fleck’ film would have done well in the Oscar and festival circles but wouldn’t have made a billion dollars at the box office. Suddenly call it Joker and everyone goes to see it. The story could certainly have worked without the DC branding but the box office success would have been severely limited. This just wasn’t meant to be apart of a larger DC universe.
yes
last Jedi
matrix 4
Halloween ends
joker 2.

f-- the fans f-- the audience

This actually felt more realistic for him to have his 5 minutes of fame and then go back to what he was before. Knowing he could achieve some form of grandeur but only if he wasn’t his true self. He seems to accept that by the end, and his fans in the film aren’t accepting that much different than Joker fans in real life. Ironic.

I like that. Perhaps it was done on purpose. If so, that's great.

At the end of the day,

WB, Phoenix and Phillips suffer from this.
We don’t actually care. In a years time,
we’ll have forgotten about this film completely and if not, we’ll remember that Phoenix delivered a Joker that got outperformed by Morbius opening weekend.

At the end of the day,

we’ll have forgotten about this film completely and if not, we’ll remember that Phoenix delivered a Joker that got outperformed by Morbius opening weekend.
right now only lady gagu is suffering

At the end of the day,

ezgif-4-d7dcd6bba6.gif

right now only lady gagu is suffering
Well yes, people think she ruined everything
because she wasn’t featured in the first.

She’s the lowest common denominator here,
so she takes the brunt of course.

People loved Phoenix Joker,
so this sequel can’t actually be his fault, can it?
Oh but it is.

Gaga was only brought on in an attempt to gather
the TikTok crowd, since “dancing” is the latest trend.

Back when Joker was cool. Great 80's footage.
It’s crazy what damage a sequel
can do when it’s made with the same
people involved and relatively close in
production to one another.

I genuinely giggle when I see anything
from Phoenix Joker now, even the first film.

He’s not in the least bit threatening anymore.

You felt uneasy during the Murray scene,
because although he wasn’t capable of fighting his way out of a paper bag,
he was still a wild card unraveling right in front of you with nothing to lose.

However, that was before you watched him get the Joker raped out of his psyche and dragged back to his cell.

It’s crazy what damage a sequel
can do when it’s made with the same
people involved and relatively close in
production to one another.

I genuinely giggle when I see anything
from Phoenix Joker now, even the first film.

He’s not in the least bit threatening anymore.

You felt uneasy during the Murray scene,
because although he wasn’t capable of fighting his way out of a paper bag,
he was still a wild card unraveling right in front of you with nothing to lose.

However, that was before you watched him get the Joker raped out of his psyche and dragged back to his cell.

THE JOKER

1728457675587.png

Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

Not sure what that watermark, "bunda" means. Probably , "b****" in some other language.

Back