Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked but I do wonder if folks are offloading their Phoenix Joker figures after this.

Kinda doubt it but it's funny to think about.
I know I won’t be buying. Which is sad cause I really wanted the figure. But damn they ruined the character so bad. WB is so dumb they’ll probably pull a Batman and Robin on joker and be embarrassed to put him in anything for several years.

Sequels take out a lot of the work in writing a fresh script too. There's already a base storyline to pull from. It's usually a lazy effort just riding the coat tails of it's predecessor's hype.
Honestly this was easy to do. A hardcore batmen fanboy could have wrote a compelling script. Arthur manipulating Harley and it’s a Bonnie/ Clyde type movie.

Joker’s rise to power. It would been so easy to do besides joker was raped and killed in prison . Sheesh what kinda dreams does pheonix have?

Honestly this was easy to do. A hardcore batmen fanboy could have wrote a compelling script. Arthur manipulating Harley and it’s a Bonnie/ Clyde type movie.

Joker’s rise to power. It would been so easy to do besides joker was raped and killed in prison . Sheesh what kinda dreams does pheonix have?
Agreed. I definitely get the impression Hollywood (WB) is blatenly trying not to give us the Bonnie and Clyde movie that is obviously wanted by pretty much everyone.

There's money on the table there and they just purposely ignore it. It's quite bizarre. These are supposed to be FOR PROFIT companies. What is the friggin deal here, like seriously?

What can Fede do on Romulus 2? He's burned through every nod to the entire franchise already.
He can make a movie that is NOT filled with so many nods to previous films for one. Some of his comments after the film's release suggest that he won't go that route if he does another one.

If you trust him for originality, then R2 will be more Offspring than Alien.
I do like the idea of the body of the pregnant girl mutating and causing havoc on the colony they are headed toward. That could be interesting and give us something we've never seen, basically a full movie of things hitting the fan at a Hadley's Hope type location. ALIENS gave us the aftermath of such a scenario, Romulus 2 could give us the main course.

Agreed. I definitely get the impression Hollywood (WB) is blatenly trying not to give us the Bonnie and Clyde movie that is obviously wanted by pretty much everyone.

There's money on the table there and they just purposely ignore it. It's quite bizarre. These are supposed to be FOR PROFIT companies. What is the friggin deal here, like seriously?

The people that run Hollywood have difficulty coming to terms balancing their very liberal morality and the fact they want to make money on things like "Bonnie and Clyde", which is everything against their morality.

Well Apparently They just let Phillips do whatever he wanted and didn't step in. Same thing happened with Snyder but this is way worse. Yes I'm defending Snyder but atleast he TRIED to give fans what they wanted.

It's funny how both of them wanted to Rape Batman characters in jail. Like what the hell is the deal with that? Rape isn't something people want to see. Especially when it comes to comic book characters.
Wow. But anyway now I'm sure this will make WB react like crazy over this in all the wrong ways.

I do like the idea of the body of the pregnant girl mutating and causing havoc on the colony they are headed toward. That could be interesting and give us something we've never seen, basically a full movie of things hitting the fan at a Hadley's Hope type location. ALIENS gave us the aftermath of such a scenario, Romulus 2 could give us the main course.
Agreed, Romulus was also just the aftermath of what happened on the station. I'd love to see an Alien flick where **** hits the fan in a heavily populated location.

Back from watching it, the film is a masterpiece.

The irony of having the only scene between the two films of him acting like the Joker in this one is impressive.

Back from watching it, the film is a masterpiece.

The irony of having the only scene between the two films of him acting like the Joker in this one is impressive.
Screenshot_20241009_161551_Firefox Focus_1.jpg

Sequels take out a lot of the work in writing a fresh script too. There's already a base storyline to pull from. It's usually a lazy effort just riding the coat tails of it's predecessor's hype.
But that’s just it.

Not a soul asked for Joker 2.
Covid hit that fall of ‘19 and most people completely forgot about the film for a few years, or even film in general.

There was no hype.
Todd and Joaquin wanted to make this,
they weren’t pressured into it.

A director of his caliber doesn’t get to call the shots with WB and tell them to wait five years, regardless of how profitable the first one lucked out to be because of how truly awful Suicide Squad and ‘17 Justice League were. That’s the only reason his film was a success to the degree it was, it was a primal actor in a gritty rated R Joker film amongst goofy Affleck Batman and prison faced Leto.

WB had zero interest in continuing this story because it was never to fit in their timeline plans regarding DC at the time, which is why he was given the freedom over the character to the extent he was. This was basically WB saying his movie can pad our pockets while we figure out where we want DC to go and if it fails it isn’t tied to anything we’re actively working on building.

They did the same thing for Matt Reeves at the time for The Batman. Reeves’ Batman will never be the Batman for WB or DC.
It will always be an else world story.
Their focus is Gunn now.

WB let the kid take the dog for a walk,
car for a spin,
and it played in their favor first,
then bombed completely.

Phillips didn’t care how this sequel played out, he knew he was being shown the door once Gunn began his projects.

Just as he’s seen it happen to Snyder, David Ayer and all of the actors from that universe.

Last edited:
But that’s just it.

Covid hit that fall of ‘19 and most people completely forgot about the film for a few years, or even film in general.

There was no hype.

A director of his caliber doesn’t get to call the shots with WB and tell them to wait five years, regardless of how profitable the first one lucked out to be because of how truly awful Suicide Squad and ‘17 Justice League was. That’s the only reason his film was a success to the degree it was, it was a primal actor in a gritty rated R Joker film amongst goofy Affleck Batman and prison faced Leto.

WB had zero interest in continuing this story because it was never to fit in their timeline plans regarding DC at the time, which is why he was given the freedom over the character to the extent he was. This was basically WB saying his movie can pad our pockets while we figure out where we want DC to go and if it fails it isn’t tied to anything we’re actively working on building.

They did the same thing for Matt Reeves at the time for The Batman. Reeves’ Batman will never be the Batman for WB or DC.
Their focus is Gunn now.

car for a spin,
then bombed completely.

Phillips didn’t care how this sequel played out, he knew he was being shown the door once Gunn began his projects.

Just as he’s seen it happen to Snyder, David Ayer and all of the actors from that universe.
Fair point. But you're using talking points from that contrived Variety article, of which I personally find to be complete bs.

But that’s just it.

There was no hype.

A director of his caliber doesn’t get to call the shots with WB and tell them to wait five years, regardless of how profitable the first one lucked out to be because of how truly awful Suicide Squad and ‘17 Justice League was. That’s the only reason his film was a success to the degree it was, it was a primal actor in a gritty rated R Joker film amongst goofy Affleck Batman and prison faced Leto.

Their focus is Gunn now.

car for a spin,
then bombed completely.

You're writing like matter of fact.

You hate the film so much that your narrative of what you think Todd Phillips and WB did or didn't do is the truth based on hearsay that you've read online.

Edit to add I don't write that in a hostile way, but even alone your heavy emotional attachment to Heath Ledger and overt view of apparent disrespect to him and his daughter from Phillips, as well as not liking the first film, you weren't ever going to like this film.

Last edited:
How hard is it to respect someone's decision? Nolan didn't want it, so accept that. To me it just feels wrong.

Why should Nolan's want be respected, I don't understand? He didn't create the Joker character. Comic book versions of the character have a Chelsea smile.

Although I would have preferred if the ending went in focus to the new Jokor tattooing damoged on his chin.

Back