Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you fixated on the first film, when the second throws that out of the window? What point are you trying to make? That this is the Joker, and he’s gonna come back to life, dawn the persona and fight Batman? Is that really what the film told you will happen?

No. You brought up that the lack of DC logo should have told people this was not the Joker. I was merely pointing out other ways people would infer that this could be an origin story for The Joker. Clearly it is not.

I'm not fixated on the first film, but that is where this story starts.

I don't believe he is, personally.

Even if he did inspire the real joker it wouldn’t of been a bad idea but in this particular film it was done poorly

No. You brought up that the lack of DC logo should have told people this was not the Joker. I was merely pointing out other ways people would infer that this could be The Joker.

I'm not fixated on the first film, but that is where this story starts.

I don't believe he is, personally.
So out of all the reasons I gave on why this isn’t the actual Joker, you’re fixated on a logo/opening credit that is not there, and is typically there when anything is adapted from that property? What about this:

IMG_8708.jpeg

It’s amazing how instead of having an actual conversation about what the film flat out tells its audience, you’d rather be like “Lol Romero Joker no DC logo either”. I don’t get it.

So out of all the reasons I gave on why this isn’t the actual Joker, you’re fixated on a logo/opening credit that is not there, and is typically there when anything is adapted from that property? What about this:

It’s amazing how instead of having an actual conversation about what the film flat out tells its audience, you’d rather be like “Lol Romero Joker no DC logo either”. I don’t get it.

You have real issues, Zach. You condensing a discussion into "my fixation". I was trying to have an 'actual discussion', but you're the one on the attack. Just go back and reread from the post you made about a missing DC logo. I think I was being clear.

View attachment 731806

No whet he means is the official dc logo not dc studios which is basically the mcu of dc right now.
It’s like how Sony puts marvel infront of its movies even tho it isn’t a mcu movie. It’s still a marvel property .

so let's say you are hired to write this movie
and Todd Phillips says " my only stipulation, my only rule is that you destroy joker.

but , why not do a musical Bonnie and Clyde?

why not a musical natural born killers?

or like that brad pitt movie Kalifornia?

have the joker escape at the beginning,
have him lead a group of goons. meet Harley, go on a crime spree
musical crimes
( that's what the first movie was leading to)

but joker sees the goons hurting innocent women or old ladies or something.
joker sees them burn down an orphanage or something. joker is mad and disgusted.
joker tells them to stop. they won't
( or Harley shoots a nun or something)

have the joker turn himself in to the cops to stop the chaos
have the court scenes where joker says I'm not the joker. then have the movie end the exact same way.......the explosion and the shanking the same

I understand this is a bad movie full of bad choices.

I will never understand taking it personally or feeling angry about it.

"My boy! Look at how they massacred my boy!"

This movie is a joke, and so is the backlash.
I have no care in the world that this movie flopped. My Jokers have and always will be Ledger & Nicholson.

If they want to go and piss all over their own creation, cool. Knock yourself out.
It’ll be your name over the sh*tty film.

What spoils it for me, is that we will
NEVER get another film called Joker again.

That will always be synonymous with this garbage portrayal. Hell, it’s so bad you have fans saying he was never to be The Joker, yet were willing to go out of their way to buy collectibles of it with the name Joker on the base.

It’s dragging the iconic character through mud that I have a problem with, you wanna do that to Phoenix? Love it, not The Joker.

You seriously think audiences are going to be able to make the connection that a film titled Joker but the kicker is -
The lead star isn’t The Joker, in fact, he’s never been in either of my films, you don’t realize how stupid and pathetic your writing skills have to be to do that to an audience to deliver an unexpected plot twist?

Clearly not The Joker but looks like him, dresses like him, previously led a sad life, like him, tells Murray to introduce him by it, is referred as such, to the point of introducing a Bruce Wayne, Thomas Wayne, Martha Wayne, Harvey Dent to the story, calling it Gotham.

I don’t buy it, this was The Joker and it was God Awful.

Let's pretend these films were not about Joker. That it was never called Joker and any references to that character didn't exist in either of them.

How do we feel about them now?

Personally, I'm not into films that involve nothing but tragedy with no redemption arch. And that's what this story basically is. I felt like I needed a Prozac after watching them back to back. I was not uplifted or inspired in any way.

And I'll make damn sure to avoid any films that take this path in the future, regardless of what the main character is. When you get done watching a film and feel kind of hopeless and depressed, you know your time could have been better spent doing something else.

**** both these movies, man.

I think we've all gotten heated and wasted enough time on this albatross, don't ya think?

Let's sharpen those claws for the next Joker, The Batman's Joker... maybe he'll be "real".

Let's pretend these films were not about Joker. That it was never called Joker and any references to that character didn't exist in either of them.

How do we feel about them now?

Personally, I'm not into films that involve nothing but tragedy with no redemption arch. And that's what this story basically is. I felt like I needed a Prozac after watching them back to back. I was not uplifted or inspired in any way.

And I'll make damn sure to avoid any films that take this path in the future, regardless of what the main character is. When you get done watching a film and feel kind of hopeless and depressed, you know your time could have been better spent doing something else.

**** both these movies, man.
and that movie would be called American history x

edward norton film GIF by hoppip

You have real issues, Zach. You condensing a discussion into "my fixation". I was trying to have an 'actual discussion', but you're the one on the attack. Just go back and reread from the post you made about a missing DC logo. I think I was being clear.
Oh boy, there’s a certain irony to being told you have issues by a person on an action figure board with 100k posts, who’s been quoting every post of mine and calling out my political stances which I never digressed, but I won’t get into that. :lol

I didn’t condense the conversation, you did. As that’s the only part of the post you focused on for 3+ posts straight. Maybe you should go back and read your posts. 😉

Oh boy, there’s a certain irony to being told you have issues by a person on an action figure board with 100k posts, who’s been quoting every post of mine and calling out my political stances which I never digressed, but I won’t get into that. :lol

I didn’t condense the conversation, you did. As that’s the only part of the post you focused on for 3+ posts straight. Maybe you should go back and read your posts. 😉

I did. I suggested that there are a lot of signs in the first (and second) movies that point to the fact that this is indeed an actual DC Joker variant, thus leading to people assuming Fleck might be the real Joker.

I'm unaware of quoting every post of yours and calling out your political stance, but I apologize for that. Your preference should be your own.

And yes, I spend way too much time on the board. I often say that.

Back