Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'm not into films that involve nothing but tragedy with no redemption arch. And that's what this story basically is. I felt like I needed a Prozac after watching them back to back. I was not uplifted or inspired in any way.

**** both these movies, man.
While I disagree it’s just your taste. I’m happy that films can differ from go lucky coloring books with happy/heroic endings. It’s what keeps them, and art in general interesting. Imagine if every drawing you you saw was a family holding hands outside of their home done in crayons, like ones you see on a refrigerator. Pretty stale imo.

While I disagree it’s just your taste. I’m happy that films can differ from go lucky coloring books with happy/heroic endings. It’s what keeps them, and art in general interesting. Imagine if every drawing you you saw was a family holding hands outside of their home in crayons, like ones you see on a refrigerator. Pretty stale imo.
I get what you're saying. But that's kinda the far other end of the spectrum. I'm not into happy go lucky, perfect world plots either. I do like my gritty, dark undertones and realism.

But these particular films feel like it wants to show you how cruel life can be just for the sake of doing it. What exactly is the overall message I, the viewer, supposed to walk away from with this?

Oh right, something, something... mental illnesses.. something..

I get what you're saying. But that's kinda the far other end of the spectrum. I'm not into happy go lucky, perfect world plots either. I do like my gritty, dark undertones and realism.

But these particular films feel like it wants to show you how cruel life can be just for the sake of doing it. What exactly is the overall message I, the viewer, supposed to walk away from with this?

Oh right, something, something... mental illnesses.. something..
Exactly, as long as it has a message and a story to tell, plus entertaining- i’m fine with the tone too. :duff

Back