Kaustic Plastik / Infinite Statue - 1/6 Hammer Horror of Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those interested in helping the cape sit more securely in place. Attach some small magnets underneath the collars of the jacket. I used some double sided tape to fix them in place.

Line-up the cape into position and place another couple of magnets underneath it's collar to hold it in place.

DSC_7003.JPGDSC_7004.JPGDSC_7006.JPGDSC_7007.JPGDSC_7009.JPGDSC_7011.JPG

For me the biggest disappointment with the sculpts are the awful paint apps on the hair. The white highlights are way too garish looking, and are more akin to something you'd see on a small NECA figure.

I Re-drybrushed the hair on both the sculpts with more of a sombre looking grey colour. I also touched-up and re-worked the blood/fangs on the open mouth sculpt. I'm happy now:)

And initially i wasn't going to pick up the Cushing figure, but seeing that KP have a few pieces of the Web exclusive left, i pulled the trigger...Should have Van the man next week:panic:

HRP 1.jpg
HRP 2.jpg

^^^Hair repaint looks great. It’s such a weird thing for them to have an issue with on practically every release.
Well, that and their trousers. On Lugosi, lee and Cushing, the trousers are incorrect. They tailored them with belt loops. The clothing of the day doesn't have belt loops. Furthermore, if they went through the "trouble" of adding belt loops incorrectly....why the bloody blue blazes didn't they thread a friggin' belt through them,lol?

For me the biggest disappointment with the sculpts are the awful paint apps on the hair. The white highlights are way too garish looking, and are more akin to something you'd see on a small NECA figure.

I Re-drybrushed the hair on both the sculpts with more of a sombre looking grey colour. I also touched-up and re-worked the blood/fangs on the open mouth sculpt. I'm happy now:)

And initially i wasn't going to pick up the Cushing figure, but seeing that KP have a few pieces of the Web exclusive left, i pulled the trigger...Should have Van the man next week:panic:

View attachment 732639View attachment 732640
Great job on the hair paint touch up! I may have to do that as well. Just a simple dry brushing?

Value of this deluxe set—two figures with high quality tailoring, 3 sculpts each, and a full 1/6 coffin—is looking better and better recently. Really looking forward to what KP has cooking next, especially Reanimator!

I was able to get one of the last exclusive web Van Helsings.

Good paintjob on sculpts, not hot toys level but enough for me.
I love the candelabra, the hammer, stake, cross, gloves.
The coat material is very cool. To me the clothes look better in person than in the prototype.

I love it but a few things they should have changed:

-Magnet is not in the whole stand so sometimes poses are limited
-The system to close shirt, vest, coat .etc could be improved with magnets, not those click buttons that could easily break. The coat click- buttons are metal, but shirt vest are made from plastic.
-Lazy hair style, the third sculpt (neutral one) has the same as the open mouth one.
-No socks. Even some third party companies put them. Easy to do.
-The left hand does not hold the stake very well, you need something in there like the hammer or a material to fill the gap.

Dont get me wrong I am very happy with the purchase.

I couldnt get the exclusive Dracula with three sculpts,sold out, the neutral sculpt IMO is the coolest. Guess I will have to catch somewhere else the two sculpts version.

1729752072110.jpg

I was able to get one of the last exclusive web Van Helsings.

Good paintjob on sculpts, not hot toys level but enough for me.
I love the candelabra, the hammer, stake, cross, gloves.
The coat material is very cool. To me the clothes look better in person than in the prototype.

I love it but a few things they should have changed:

-Magnet is not in the whole stand so sometimes poses are limited
-The system to close shirt, vest, coat .etc could be improved with magnets, not those click buttons that could easily break. The coat click- buttons are metal, but shirt vest are made from plastic.
-Lazy hair style, the third sculpt (neutral one) has the same as the open mouth one.
-No socks. Even some third party companies put them. Easy to do.
-The left hand does not hold the stake very well, you need something in there like the hammer or a material to fill the gap.

Dont get me wrong I am very happy with the purchase.

I couldnt get the exclusive Dracula with three sculpts,sold out, the neutral sculpt IMO is the coolest. Guess I will have to catch somewhere else the two sculpts version.

View attachment 733929
Great review! And i agree with all your points. Overall it's a very nice set, but somethings could/should have been done a whole lot better.
The paint apps on the hair are the biggest let down for me. There worse looking on this figure than on the Dracula piece.

Great review! And i agree with all your points. Overall it's a very nice set, but somethings could/should have been done a whole lot better.
The paint apps on the hair are the biggest let down for me. There worse looking on this figure than on the Dracula piece.
Thank you. I agree with your statements too.

Also I appreciate the effort from Kaustic to dig in these licenses where no other 1/6 companies venture nowadays. Neca is going to release them too but in a much smaller scale.

Thank you. I agree with your statements too.

Also I appreciate the effort from Kaustic to dig in these licenses where no other 1/6 companies venture nowadays. Neca is going to release them too but in a much smaller scale.
That's why i'll continue to support KP. These old Hammer and Universal monster 1/6 releases are the only thing that has me excited in at the moment. Can't wait for the Frankenstein monster reveal next week.

That's why i'll continue to support KP. These old Hammer and Universal monster 1/6 releases are the only thing that has me excited in at the moment. Can't wait for the Frankenstein monster reveal next week.
And their new artist line. Conan, The Crow, Labyrinth.

And also looking for that Bloodsport Van Damme

I'm loving all the Cushing head sculpts with this set. Even the angry grimacing sculpt looks terrific. Again the paint apps are decent enough, but the poorly painted on grey highlighting of the hair is an issue again.
The tailoring is also really nice! Especially the beautiful coat.

The few nitpicks i have are the much the same as what kam veitch said.
Strangely there's no dedicated hands for holding either the stake or hammer.
The gloves are also too shiny, Cushing wore suede gloves in the movie.
A couple of extra hand pegs wouldn't have gone amiss. And socks!
And the crucifix could have had more of a metal look it.

Still though, the good outweighs the bad.

DSC_7134.JPG
DSC_7211.JPG
DSC_7204.JPG
DSC_7212.JPG
DSC_7215.JPG

I'm loving all the Cushing head sculpts with this set. Even the angry grimacing sculpt looks terrific. Again the paint apps are decent enough, but the poorly painted on grey highlighting of the hair is an issue again.
The tailoring is also really nice! Especially the beautiful coat.

The few nitpicks i have are the much the same as what kam veitch said.
Strangely there's no dedicated hands for holding either the stake or hammer.
The gloves are also too shiny, Cushing wore suede gloves in the movie.
A couple of extra hand pegs wouldn't have gone amiss. And socks!
And the crucifix could have had more of a metal look it.

Still though, the good outweighs the bad.

View attachment 733970View attachment 733986View attachment 733987View attachment 733988View attachment 733989
Pics like this made me regret my decision to cancel, but also prompted me to find a set in the wild and rectify that. I love good shots like these. My eyes aren't as keen as they ised to be, so when I tell you I really appreciate these sort of things: I am speaking from the heart. Some of you fellas really need to take their promotional pictures. Mad skills on display.

Back