Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody view their account on BBTS? Every time I try it says unavailable.

Nevermind. Must have been the password. I did the reset thing and now I can get in.

Now where the hell is my alien? lol

Alienplus 009.JPG

Alienplus 019.jpg

Everything about this one screams Alien it really does look like it should be stalking the corridors of the Nostromo. Incredible job! :clap

My pictures do make the Alien look taller than it actually is but with it standing on the base/back drop it is still taller than the Ripley figure.

I’m no sculptor so I couldn’t say how hard implanting joints would be but personally I wouldn’t want them on this.

Aplus 004.jpg

The camera on my phone hates the flickering light that comes with this.

astat 005.jpg

Got mine on Friday, but didn't have time to unbox till yesterday.

Truly beautiful little statue!
The sculpt really is top notch, the details and the overall proportions are great. The paint apps are very interesting. I think it's basically just a wash over the entire figure. The mottled look is probably achieved due to the properties of the paint they used. I'll check it out with a friend of mine who paints figures for me, I've seen him achieve similar results.
Scale wise, it works perfectly with NECA's Ripley. NECA aliens are usually too big.
The little diorama with the panels and light is wonderful, especially the light. It really works beautifully.

I'm very happy with this and I highly recommend it to any Alien fan.

just opened mine.
the thing is so beautiful that i want another one immediately! now that's a way to sculpt an A1 head! i wish i didn't spend money on Neca's regular A1 and walmart A1 (as i didn't like the regular paint at all) and just spent them on a second Kotobukiya statue.
cannot compare them to Neca aliens because i'm at work now. the head looks same size or longer though.
the only thing i don't like is that soft, sweet chocolate cream color they used. looks like a tasty cake decoration instead of a nasty killing machine.

Yeah, they went too light with the base color, or didn't apply enough washes to make it darker.
The head is smaller. The whole figure is smaller.

001_zpshlei4ric.jpg~original

002_zps8emgtuma.jpg~original

003_zpsxm5hzvum.jpg~original

004_zpshlxwtzbv.jpg~original

005_zpsrbdwilxx.jpg~original

006_zpsncew6uj8.jpg~original

007_zps8mu41dnj.jpg~original

008_zpsvj4h2sg5.jpg~original

009_zpsjd2qoz8u.jpg~original

that is not his actual color, but that's how it looks in the dark with that flashing light device against a black wall, close to blue and white walls.
i immediately bought a second one.
and the head is not smaller, it's the same :)
legs are shorter, body is thinner. feet and palms have same size. +- millimeters.
the statue itself costs every $ it's sold for or is even too cheap, if you take Neca's price as a reference.
and it's like 45% due to paint, 45% to headsculpt and 10% to body sculpt. cannot say anything against Neca body sculpt, and cannot demand this level of paint for their price (well i would demand their Isolation paint on A1 figure, it's soooo much better for the same price), but the headsculpt should be severely fixed to even resemble A1.
as i always said.

Last edited:
thank you. i'm surprised myself how wonderful that little light works. like the alien was intended to have that strange color and be lit with that specific light color.
i know, to avoid that toad throat effect, but i don't like open/half open mouths on any aliens i know. i'd like the Koto statue to have a closed mouth, too. like in your signature - that's my ideal A1 figure.
so i just don't look at Neca in profile :)

==================

if the statue really was colored like this under a daylight and not only with that flashing light, i'd get 3 to get this look on a shelf:

Kotobukiya_Alien_3%20sides_zpswiddnqch.jpg~original

for now i just made it a desktop picture.

Back