Kotobukiya ARTFX+ ALIEN statues coming out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see... thank you very much for achieving same pose, it's best to compare.

i turned the image.

23lfdk2.jpg

their upper halves look the same size, while legs seem to differ, thus the height difference.
i hoped it would be bigger, not smaller.
still think i need at least one of them.

i see... thank you very much for achieving same pose, it's best to compare.

i turned the image.

23lfdk2.jpg

their upper halves look the same size, while legs seem to differ, thus the height difference.
i hoped it would be bigger, not smaller.
still think i need at least one of them.

Yeah it's smaller...that's what made it seem underwhelming despite its accuracy...the funny thing is, ever since the made those big chap chopsticks, I've been waiting for this....then they did the tiny army men style alien mini figures....then this, but still we need something to rival the Sano ... A larger kotobukiya, same artist should suffice and it should be 1/6 scale in the very least versus the 1/7 Star War scale....or 1/5 to complement the original Kenner and the Sano.
That sculpt is awesome...suitmation wrinkles, nicely sculpted bones and ribs with all the subtlety of real bone geometry.

the funny thing is, ever since the made those big chap chopsticks, I've been waiting for this
hah, yep, same here :lol
could you also please make a photo of its actual color? ebay has it in grey/brown color, and on your photo it looks just brown.
also how did you get it if it still says "preorder" at least on ebay??

Last edited:
Wow. That blows the NECA away. And the only two I have from NECA came with domes that were waaaay too white. It reminds me more of a stinkbug than an alien... :lol I'm not sure the Medicom VCD is worth $100.00, but it's tempting...

well i made up my mind, definitely getting at least one to keep on my work table, and if it's incredible - a second one for home keeping.

What's really cool is additionally you get this modular display..?Six panels of screen accurate grilled plates that can combine via a variety of different connectors and it comes with a small cube emitting a randomly flashing light...awesome awesome. Highly recommended!!

All that with the jumpsuit Ripley and hissing Jones will make for a good display.

A scaled up version would be an instant purchase too. Pretty sure the Artfx AvP Warrior was one of my first statues.

I can tell you it's almost exactly the same scale as the neca figure as in almost exactly the same...you'd have to look really closely to see there is a slight discrepancy and I forgot which is actually larger...they may as well be Twins with minute genetic variances.

The artfx+ is in the middle shelf with the Neca figures:

View attachment 292349

Top left is the original 18" Kenner, middle top is the Sanosculpted Roswell statue of the Alien sculpted by Giger, the top right is the gentle giant 24" alien
Marmit 23" next to the Kaiyodo on the left side, on the right is the 24" glowie next to the new neca 22"

I no longer have the sideshow 1/4 nor the diorama statue nor the 1/6 hot toys (which was a fail in my opinion)
I do have other big chaps that I hadn't had a chance to display with this setup
Whoa! Great collection you have there :)
I wonder if you could compare the ultimate Sano's version, 1/4 Neca and artfx+ And share your personal opinion about the second best sculpt.

Obviously there are not a lot of people out there who can afford/get Sano's version or Marmit, but are passionate about screen accuracy. You would give all of us a favor :)

Whoa! Great collection you have there :)
I wonder if you could compare the ultimate Sano's version, 1/4 Neca and artfx+ And share your personal opinion about the second best sculpt.

Obviously there are not a lot of people out there who can afford/get Sano's version or Marmit, but are passionate about screen accuracy. You would give all of us a favor :)

Well, for starters, like you mentioned, Sano did really sculpt the ultimate alien as giger created it. Without compromise, without revision, this alien is the 6 fingered monstrosity without transverse ribs hiding the gloved hands, paired fingers, and sans elbow Spurs. The alien also has the icier version of the anthropomorphic skull, without the ferocity of the rimbaldi look, but just as creepy. The sano is a basic grey with darker and lighter tones highlighting the shapes and surface details, but lacks the color texture of the actual suit. It's a great representation of the study of the form, the design of the character, but doesn't represent the creature in the film the way the artfx+ does.

The artfx+ masterfully captures the fluidity of the suit itself, with ripples in the latex in addition to the beautifully applied color texture. The gloved hands, the pose is well balanced and the sculpted details are impeccably recreated. Every effort was made to ensure that details are not blown out or fudged just to compensate for any lack of molding ability ... They went all out and the result is just spectacular. Even the head carapace is the correct shape and wasn't just vaguely similar due to the inability to capture the width or the sharper details of the center ridge...the subtle opaque frosting used to obscure the post which holds it in place is a sly but successful attempt....

The neca holds a special place in my heart because the sculptor is the same guy who originally did the mcfarlane alien, though it was intended to be more stylized and dynamic As it was mcfarlane toys's signature. The latest sculpt is a vast improvement over the mcfarlane and just a few tweaks ahead of the previous neca sculpt. The dome was improved, but still needs more width to it. The biggest improvement was the multiple points of hinge and swivel articulation vs the fixed pose with cut joints...it's an impressive figure like its predecessor and is the "new Kenner."

But since I'm saying my peace...

JAKKS GET THE LICENSE FOR ALIEN, ALIEN WARRIOR, AND THE QUEEN. 31" big chap please! It's a license you could definitely use! Oh heck also predator, terminator, robocop, and universal monsters.

Well, for starters, like you mentioned, Sano did really sculpt the ultimate alien as giger created it. Without compromise, without revision, this alien is the 6 fingered monstrosity without transverse ribs hiding the gloved hands, paired fingers, and sans elbow Spurs. The alien also has the icier version of the anthropomorphic skull, without the ferocity of the rimbaldi look, but just as creepy. The sano is a basic grey with darker and lighter tones highlighting the shapes and surface details, but lacks the color texture of the actual suit. It's a great representation of the study of the form, the design of the character, but doesn't represent the creature in the film the way the artfx+ does.

The artfx+ masterfully captures the fluidity of the suit itself, with ripples in the latex in addition to the beautifully applied color texture. The gloved hands, the pose is well balanced and the sculpted details are impeccably recreated. Every effort was made to ensure that details are not blown out or fudged just to compensate for any lack of molding ability ... They went all out and the result is just spectacular. Even the head carapace is the correct shape and wasn't just vaguely similar due to the inability to capture the width or the sharper details of the center ridge...the subtle opaque frosting used to obscure the post which holds it in place is a sly but successful attempt....

The neca holds a special place in my heart because the sculptor is the same guy who originally did the mcfarlane alien, though it was intended to be more stylized and dynamic As it was mcfarlane toys's signature. The latest sculpt is a vast improvement over the mcfarlane and just a few tweaks ahead of the previous neca sculpt. The dome was improved, but still needs more width to it. The biggest improvement was the multiple points of hinge and swivel articulation vs the fixed pose with cut joints...it's an impressive figure like its predecessor and is the "new Kenner."

JAKKS GET THE LICENSE FOR ALIEN, ALIEN WARRIOR, AND THE QUEEN. 31" big chap please! It's a license you could definitely use! Oh heck also predator, terminator, robocop, and universal monsters.

Thanks for your review! I have preordered the big chap artfx. I absolutely love it. That's a pity is not bigger than that but I think that not all is the size in this life! Lol.

Do you think guys we will get a queen from artfx on human characters? Are there new figures planned for the next year? Rumors...

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your imput. I think as of now I'm sold on the idea of getting artfx+.There is no real competition there.

I also have a soft spot for mr. Windrix designs. After all I started collecting because of his 1/4 Alien in 2008. Jee... time flies :)

Oh btw, have you seen Herocross Alien? I think he would look good with VCD

Thank you so much for your imput. I think as of now I'm sold on the idea of getting artfx+.There is no real competition there.

I also have a soft spot for mr. Windrix designs. After all I started collecting because of his 1/4 Alien in 2008. Jee... time flies :)

Oh btw, have you seen Herocross Alien? I think he would look good with VCD

It's interesting you mention the herocross Alien. It's pretty obvious to me that it used the bandai monster starts figure as a reference. It has the same face, tail, hands, feet, texture, color, head shape I was tempted to get one when I first saw the teases, but as much of a fan I am of the monsterarts line, I think they could've done a better alien...this is one of the cases where the revoltech beats out monsterarts. I don't really like it when artists use other folks interpretations as a jumping off point for their own interpretation because any errors or biases would be translated into a detail that's further from the truth so to speak. That said I still think it's a nice piece!

Windrix does carry that honor with lots of alien collectors I think. I almost wish hot toys hired him for their 1/6 big chap.....

Btw I would LOVE to see s variant or special release of this artfx rendered as a Kenner alien

Flat black, glow skull pattern, smoked carapace, two-sided black n white poster, Kenner style box!!

Maybe as a sdcc/ nycc exclusive!!

It's interesting you mention the herocross Alien. It's pretty obvious to me that it used the bandai monster starts figure as a reference. It has the same face, tail, hands, feet, texture, color, head shape I was tempted to get one when I first saw the teases, but as much of a fan I am of the monsterarts line, I think they could've done a better alien...this is one of the cases where the revoltech beats out monsterarts. I don't really like it when artists use other folks interpretations as a jumping off point for their own interpretation because any errors or biases would be translated into a detail that's further from the truth so to speak. That said I still think it's a nice piece!

Windrix does carry that honor with lots of alien collectors I think. I almost wish hot toys hired him for their 1/6 big chap.....

That would be my dream come true... heck, he should be hired to sculpt all their aliens and predators!

I haven't heard from him in a while, he isn't even answering mails. I wonder what he's up to.

To those of you who already have this awesome-looking figure - Where did you order it from?

Back