Last rat standing WIP - PRIVATE COMMISSION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last rat standing WIP

And so far it's pretty good, maybe even good, but a lot of work remains to be completed before it can be considered great. I think people are falling all over themselves a little too quickly with this one.

And so far it's pretty good, maybe even good, but a lot of work remains to be completed before it can be considered great. I think people are falling all over themselves a little too quickly with this one.

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Gotta love the newb!!!

I love how some people think because a join date is recent that automatically makes the poster a "newb." Well, newb I may be posting here, but more experience with figure study and sculpture than most people I may have. It's what I majored in. Just not what I ended up following as a career path. ;)

I didn't mean to imply at all that what has been done isn't good at the moment, but that a lot can change between what we've seen and the final product. As the title of the thread says, this is a WIP - Work in Progress. I don't think it's realistic fair or otherwise to call this "the best ever" at this stage - there's a lot left to complete. At this time, the best *final* *finished* sculpt is the one by his friend - too bad it was at the incorrect scale - an egregious error unfortunately.

At the end of the day... who cares? Except of course the person that commissioned this piece. If it meets up with their wishes, then mission accomplished.

Last edited:

I love how some people think because a join date is recent that automatically makes the poster a "newb." Well, newb I may be posting here, but more experience with figure study and sculpture than most people I may have. It's what I majored in. Just not what I ended up following as a career path. ;)

I didn't mean to imply at all that what has been done isn't good at the moment, but that a lot can change between what we've seen and the final product. As the title of the thread says, this is a WIP - Work in Progress. I don't think it's realistic fair or otherwise to call this "the best ever" at this stage - there's a lot left to complete. At this time, the best *final* *finished* sculpt is the one by his friend - too bad it was at the incorrect scale - an egregious error unfortunately.

At the end of the day... who cares? Except of course the person that commissioned this piece. If it meets up with their wishes, then mission accomplished.

You can major in figure studies? Lol to which other sculpt are you referring? Like you say this one isn't finished yet but it already looks outstanding and based on Adam's previous works I have no doubt this will be the definitive DC sculpt.

No, you can major in art and sculpture.

You're not familiar with the other Imaresqd1 sculpt? It's bloody infamous:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96078&highlight=Daniel+Craig+Head

Though of course the iminime sculpt is also excellent: https://iminime.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/hello-world/

I don't know Adam from Adam, so I'm just looking at what's done so far and reserve final praise until it's finished. I've already extended compliments earlier in the thread directly to Adam for the WIP. That said, I just feel that some of the comments are a little overboard considering this is not yet finished - it's a little dismissive of the great work that has previously been done - and continues to be done (there's another high quality sculpt under way apparently).

At this time, the best *final* *finished* sculpt is the one by his friend - too bad it was at the incorrect scale - an egregious error unfortunately.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96078&highlight=Daniel+Craig+Head

Though of course the iminime sculpt is also excellent: https://iminime.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/hello-world/

I don't know Adam from Adam, so I'm just looking at what's done so far and reserve final praise until it's finished. I've already extended compliments earlier in the thread directly to Adam for the WIP. That said, I just feel that some of the comments are a little overboard considering this is not yet finished - it's a little dismissive of the great work that has previously been done - and continues to be done (there's another high quality sculpt under way apparently).

Interesting that you say the sculpt my friend did is "the best *final* *finished* sculpt", and then you call the same sculpt " bloody infamous".

Um..ok...I'm a bit confused, but I guess I have a name to redeem for me and my friend.

Last edited:

It's an awesome sculpt to be sure, pretty much at the top of my list. It's infamous because it's not 1/6, which is too bad, especially for those sitting with it unused.

You can major in figure studies? Lol to which other sculpt are you referring? Like you say this one isn't finished yet but it already looks outstanding and based on Adam's previous works I have no doubt this will be the definitive DC sculpt.

Thanks Bullet! You can major in figure sculpture indeed, which is what I did in college.

Interesting that you say the sculpt my friend did is "the best *final* *finished* sculpt", and then you call the same sculpt " bloody infamous".

Um..ok...I'm a bit confused, but I guess I have a name to redeem for me and my friend.

The head pixelpiper is referring to is the first Craig head you did and not the one by your friend.

If the head you are working on now is one you will distribute then you will make a lot of people very happy indeed.

PRIVATE COMMISSION

I wonder what it is about these two words that people find so difficult to understand? It's baffling :lol

Actually,

I was under the impression that the one Adam's friend was working on is the private commission.

No, you can major in art and sculpture.

The head done by 'the friend' you are referring to was actually also done by Adam its an awesome likeness but since I have never seen one in hand I can't comment on the size. The Iminime one is nice (not perfect but very very good) but was never made available so nobody got one. Not that I am trying to say we should only be considering sculpts that have been made available when discussing the best Daniel Craig sculpt to date. This one here to me looks outstanding so far and like I said earlier knowing Adam's previous work as I do I fully anticipate this sculpt will be right up there with his past works. It's just a shame it's a private commission so it's highly likely I won't ever own it.

Thanks Bullet! You can major in figure sculpture indeed, which is what I did in college.

That's awesome obviously I knew about studying sculpture at college etc but to be able to focus your scope of sculpting on figures exclusively at college now that's cool!

So-WIP ALWAYS MEAN PRIVATE COMMISSION FOR ONLY ONE PERSON?MAYBE IT'S WIP, BECAUSE IT'S VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL OF US?;)

The head done by 'the friend' you are referring to was actually also done by Adam

Really? You learn something new every day. It's surprising that I've seen so many people, including Adam himself (unless someone else is posting with the same ID), mention the sculpt was done by someone else.

Anyway, the next time I see Daniel I'll ask him which one he thinks best represents his likeness.

Really? You learn something new every day. It's surprising that I've seen so many people, including Adam himself (unless someone else is posting with the same ID), mention the sculpt was done by someone else.

Anyway, the next time I see Daniel I'll ask him which one he thinks best represents his likeness.

No no no don't be doing that..... licensing issues and all don't want to get anybody into trouble ;)

The truth is that I didn't sculpt that head, that head was sculpted by a friend of mine, I was just selling it for him at that time. And I never claimed it was my work. And that head was the standard sideshow 1/6 scale. Compare it to any of 1/6 sideshow star wars heads to see for yourself. Lastly, HT heads are always too small for 1/6 sacle.

Again, I DID NOT sculpt the head in the pic my friend did, and by friend I mean someone other than me.

adam4.jpg

I'm beginning to regret having posted that particular picture, instead of one comparing that Craig head to a Sideshow Bond. The PERS just lent itself to an in-joke, because Bruce looks alarmed. We all know how much smaller Hot Toys heads are, right?

I'm beginning to regret having posted that particular picture, instead of one comparing that Craig head to a Sideshow Bond. The PERS just lent itself to an in-joke, because Bruce looks alarmed. We all know how much smaller Hot Toys heads are, right?

My mistake I had always thought you had sculpted it apologies :)

No worries.

Back