LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 722953

The news I had three weeks ago was that Joel and Ellie were completed apart from casting the sculpts. Once those were done the prototypes could be built, and much like DID the prototypes will virtually be the final product pieces. Hence the time between pre-order and production will be much shorter. (The plan is to follow this model for all future figures).

LIM don't want the photos shared yet, but I can say that they received Joel and Ellie's sculpts today. Joel's sculpts, which are production pieces, look amazing. Unfortunately it's not all smooth sailing yet because Ellie's sculpt came out deformed and will need to be reworked and recast.

I think it was already established that Joel and Ellie would have rolling eyes, but Joel's open mouth sculpt will also have swap out teeth plates, giving the option to either pose him with either gritted teeth for combat, or with the teeth parted.

Very much appreciated, @Asta - thanks for the update!!!

Thanks for the update Asta, looking forward to these two

I'm really looking forward to these as well. With LIM's dedication to source material these ought to be by far the best 1/6 versions of TLOU Joel and Ellie we'll have had.

(I won't be getting rid of my CC Toys figures, but LIM's will be taking centre stage).

Thank you so much for the update! You're fabulous and I hope you have a great day! I hope we get more info and pictures soon!

Thank you. :)

I was given the green light to share more details, but not the images. LIM want to hold off the reveal until the actual announcement, which hopefully shouldn't be too far off since the figures are in the last stages now.

Thank you. :)

I was given the green light to share more details, but not the images. LIM want to hold off the reveal until the actual announcement, which hopefully shouldn't be too far off since the figures are in the last stages now.
Phenomenal news! I can't wait until the official prototype promos are shared here eventually!
So I hate to derail the tread but I really must ask, can you share any good news on Connor? Based on someof your earlier posts it seems nate is getting pretty close to being released. After nate can we expect Connor to follow shortly after?

Phenomenal news! I can't wait until the official prototype promos are shared here eventually!
So I hate to derail the tread but I really must ask, can you share any good news on Connor? Based on someof your earlier posts it seems nate is getting pretty close to being released. After nate can we expect Connor to follow shortly after?

Connor is progressing as well. He's gone through several revisions, which was one of the factors that caused the very long delay. There have been many production tests for the suit; the robot sculpt had to be recast due to a faulty parameter in the molding process, and the two diorama bases had to be redesigned at least three times due to size and stability issues. I've seen the final casts of those bases and they look pretty interesting.

Can't give a time for release yet though.

View attachment 722953

The news I had three weeks ago was that Joel and Ellie were completed apart from casting the sculpts. Once those were done the prototypes could be built, and much like DID the prototypes will virtually be the final product pieces. Hence the time between pre-order and production will be much shorter. (The plan is to follow this model for all future figures).

LIM don't want the photos shared yet, but I can say that they received Joel and Ellie's sculpts today. Joel's sculpts, which are production pieces, look amazing. Unfortunately it's not all smooth sailing yet because Ellie's sculpt came out deformed and will need to be reworked and recast.

I think it was already established that Joel and Ellie would have rolling eyes, but Joel's open mouth sculpt will also have swap out teeth plates, giving the option to either pose him with either gritted teeth for combat, or with the teeth parted.

I hope to god they don’t decide to put Joel up ahead of Ellie, then it’s another Toys Era **** show. Need to go up and release at the same time.

I hope to god they don’t decide to put Joel up ahead of Ellie, then it’s another Toys Era **** show. Need to go up and release at the same time.

They wouldn't do that.

Toys Era dabble in whatever they think they can make a profit from, whereas LIM are passionate about the source material: TLOU Joel and Ellie are inseparable.

The reason they don't want progress photos from the work station shown is that they'd rather wait until the figures are complete prototypes (i.e., virtual production pieces), and announce them together.

What I love about Lim is the detail you expect to see is there when you see the figure.

That's another thing with waiting before revealing them: what you see is what you get.

The Joel sculpts they received yesterday are incredibly detailed, and there won't be any loss of detail in production because these are the production casts.

Add the rolling eyes and swap out teeth plates and this Joel will be light years ahead of CC Toys'.

It's a shame that Ellie didn't come out of the mould so perfectly, otherwise they'd be even closer to the finish line. The definitive TLOU Joel needs a definitive TLOU Ellie, so the wait will undoubtedly be worth it.

I wasn't a fan of Red Dead Redemption, but I bought two of LIM's Arthur Morgan because just as a western figure he looked so good.

For me TLOU is a special series, so to get figures from it at an even higher quality than Arthur is something to really look forward to. It's got to be a multiple figure purchase considering there are two Joel sculpts, one of which having the option to change the teeth, making three expression choices for display (plus movable eyes).

I'm thinking that with the two extra heads I can also upgrade the Summer and Winter CC Toys Joels.

That's another thing with waiting before revealing them: what you see is what you get.

The Joel sculpts they received yesterday are incredibly detailed, and there won't be any loss of detail in production because these are the production casts.

Add the rolling eyes and swap out teeth plates and this Joel will be light years ahead of CC Toys'.

It's a shame that Ellie didn't come out of the mould so perfectly, otherwise they'd be even closer to the finish line. The definitive TLOU Joel needs a definitive TLOU Ellie, so the wait will undoubtedly be worth it.

I wasn't a fan of Red Dead Redemption, but I bought two of LIM's Arthur Morgan because just as a western figure he looked so good.

For me TLOU is a special series, so to get figures from it at an even higher quality than Arthur is something to really look forward to. It's got to be a multiple figure purchase considering there are two Joel sculpts, one of which having the option to change the teeth, making three expression choices for display (plus movable eyes).

I'm thinking that with the two extra heads I can also upgrade the Summer and Winter CC Toys Joels.

Did they mention if they will be sold as a ‘Deluxe’ so it’s the single price for both and they can also be bought separately if you want.

Considering the price of the CCToys Last of Us 1 set (which you have to buy a body for Ellie on top of lol) you could probably buy 2 sets of LIMs for the same price so I’m in.

Did they mention if they will be sold as a ‘Deluxe’ so it’s the single price for both and they can also be bought separately if you want.

Considering the price of the CCToys Last of Us 1 set (which you have to buy a body for Ellie on top of lol) you could probably buy 2 sets of LIMs for the same price so I’m in.

It wasn't mentioned and I never even thought to ask myself because I assumed they'd be two separately packed figures.

I've asked the question.

It's my birthday tomorrow. Any chance of some Joel sneak peeks? I saw the unpainted sculpt a while back.

There won't be any sneaky peakies unless their plans change.

Joel and Ellie have gone through multiple revisions since the project began, and the next time they're shown publicly will be as final figures.

So excited!!! Considering to get two of each and maybe three Joel if they are sold separately!!!
Thanks for the information!!!

P.S. I’d love to see upgraded Arthur Morgan sculpt with moving eyes, they can sell these separately, gonna be a hit!!!

The answer to that question is that no decision has been made yet.

It's possible the 1/6 versions will follow the 1/12 model, where Joel and Ellie can be bought either separately, or as a double pack bundled with extra accessories and clothes.

LIM are still deciding.

The answer to that question is that no decision has been made yet.

It's possible the 1/6 versions will follow the 1/12 model, where Joel and Ellie can be bought either separately, or as a double pack bundled with extra accessories and clothes.

LIM are still deciding.

Good to know 🤝

Back