LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for the updates @Asta this is some incredible news for us!! Can't wait! Never heard of interchangeable teeth plates holy **** that's next level, this truly will be their best work yet.

I would also join @JorjeCroft with a new Arthur Headsculpt with move-able eyes. I would buy 1 for every single Arthur figure I own, please LIM pleaseee :cry: :cry:

Connor is progressing as well. He's gone through several revisions, which was one of the factors that caused the very long delay. There have been many production tests for the suit; the robot sculpt had to be recast due to a faulty parameter in the molding process, and the two diorama bases had to be redesigned at least three times due to size and stability issues. I've seen the final casts of those bases and they look pretty interesting.

Can't give a time for release yet though.
I’m actually shocked to read that he’s still in production. Cool. 😎

Remember this post?

An apparently random post on LiM's page. :unsure:

SquidoBox Michael

7 m ·

For the record, I simply did this as a foolproof.
Exclusive news about Limtoys' 1/6th scale THE LAST OF US:
1. Magnetic exchangeable hands
2. Bite mark on Elly's forearm
And there will be Elly from THE LAST OF US PARTⅡ

I didn't. :lol

R_R_X debunked #1:

1. False, Part 1 figures will have regular hand pegs and magnetic arms for Joel.
2. True
Also true but not any time soon.

I'd completely forgotten about the planned bite mark, so was really surprised to see it sculpted onto the bespoke body's forearm - a body LIM has specifically created for Ellie.

Not just a paint application or a transfer, but an actual sculpt.

It's such a unique feature that I'll be wanting to show it off on one of the figures.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last Thursday I reported the news that LIM had received the printed sculpts from the factory and while Joel's turned out perfectly and looks incredible, unfortunately Ellie's sculpt came out deformed.

The problem with Ellie may well turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us.

Originally it was decided she only needed one head, with the expression she used for most of the time throughout the game.

However, since the printing failure requires reworking and recasting the sculpt, it's given rise for an opportunity to add a second head with a more determined expression.

So that's the plan at the moment: two heads per figure.

Last Thursday I reported the news that LIM had received the printed sculpts from the factory and while Joel's turned out perfectly and looks incredible, unfortunately Ellie's sculpt came out deformed.

The problem with Ellie may well turn out to be a blessing in disguise for us.

Originally it was decided she only needed one head, with the expression she used for most of the time throughout the game.

However, since the printing failure requires reworking and recasting the sculpt, it's given rise for an opportunity to add a second head with a more determined expression.

So that's the plan at the moment: two heads per figure.

See you guys in 2026 for the announcement then 🤣. Can they not just announce the thing and then do the head as a pre-order bonus for the deluxe set cause let’s be real it will sell.

Do it through Kit for example.

Last edited:
The sculpts were the last piece of the puzzle, so it's feasible.
Thank you for keeping us updated, I'd rather hear about potential delays instead of radio silence.

On a separate note, how's the masterteam/limtoys renna/ranny the witch coming along? If you don't know then no problem. I also wonder what their priority figure is or if all their projects are prioritized equally

Thank you for keeping us updated, I'd rather hear about potential delays instead of radio silence.

:lecture

On a separate note, how's the masterteam/limtoys renna/ranny the witch coming along? If you don't know then no problem.

Don't know anything about Master Team's activities.

. I also wonder what their priority figure is or if all their projects are prioritized equally

The one's mentioned to be releasing next, if there aren't any hitches, are Nathan Drake and the Sickly Arthur sculpt.

I sold my original set of Iminime Joel and Ellie a few years ago. Kinda wish I hadn’t but that’s collecting for you. I’m glad to see this is happening so I can have the proper head sculpts from the game personalities. It will be a nice set to display next to the two figures from the HBO series. Looking forward to them.

On another note: Asta you must have an incredibly large collection of figures to display. Your love of so many different kinds of genres would lead me to believe that. You are all over the place here talking about so many different characters… Cheers~and a
Brand New Cherry Flavor to you!!

I sold my original set of Iminime Joel and Ellie a few years ago. Kinda wish I hadn’t but that’s collecting for you. I’m glad to see this is happening so I can have the proper head sculpts from the game personalities. It will be a nice set to display next to the two figures from the HBO series. Looking forward to them.

On another note: Asta you must have an incredibly large collection of figures to display. Your love of so many different kinds of genres would lead me to believe that. You are all over the place here talking about so many different characters… Cheers~and a
those figures are my grails!!! I saw one set for sale this one time about half a year ago but the seller wanted a crazy amount for it. Like $1200 or something I don’t even remember what the amount was exactly. Those figures are super rare but not worth that amount in my opinion. I specifically remember thinking I could just have custom heads made at that pricepoint and use all the cctoys/toysera parts I’ve gathered to make an even better looking set of figures. Which I’m currently busy doing!

My custom Joel and Ellie heads are shipped off to get painted in the next few weeks. And then it’s just a matter of putting ‘em together. I’ll undoubtedly get the Limtoys figures as well. I’ll just convert the customs into alternative outfit versions like for ellie her left behind or her part 2 flashback outfit when the inevitable day comes that I will have the Lim figures in my hands. But they won’t be obsolete!

That’s always a fear of mine when making customs. Like i spent a good amount of money $400-800 for a really extensive custom and then some company decides to announce the exact figure of my custom shortly after. And then it feels like I poured so much money down the drain. Happened twice now, with a Lara croft custom I did and with my Abby and that feeling sucks.

those figures are my grails!!! I saw one set for sale this one time about half a year ago but the seller wanted a crazy amount for it. Like $1200 or something I don’t even remember what the amount was exactly. Those figures are super rare but not worth that amount in my opinion. I specifically remember thinking I could just have custom heads made at that pricepoint and use all the cctoys/toysera parts I’ve gathered to make an even better looking set of figures. Which I’m currently busy doing!

My custom Joel and Ellie heads are shipped off to get painted in the next few weeks. And then it’s just a matter of putting ‘em together. I’ll undoubtedly get the Limtoys figures as well. I’ll just convert the customs into alternative outfit versions like for ellie her left behind or her part 2 flashback outfit when the inevitable day comes that I will have the Lim figures in my hands. But they won’t be obsolete!

That’s always a fear of mine when making customs. Like i spent a good amount of money $400-800 for a really extensive custom and then some company decides to announce the exact figure of my custom shortly after. And then it feels like I poured so much money down the drain. Happened twice now, with a Lara croft custom I did and with my Abby and that feeling sucks.
Abby from TLOU? who's making that

LIM are as obsessive about the source material as the collectors themselves, which to me has always made them stand out from the crowd in the 1/6 world. It certainly sets them apart from CC Toys, whose mantra was to make figures with as little investment as possible, and with as much re-use as they could get away with.

Being obsessive can contribute to delays - Ellie required a bespoke body, for example.

The hand sculpted Joel head that LIM teased way back was completely discarded. Since then they invested in new equipment and material that allows them to cast incredibly detailed heads, so they can be as faithful to the in game models as possible, and with hair strands even finer and more detailed.

The intention is to release "definitive" vesions of the characters in 1/6.

The collection did explode in all directions. I've tried to contain it into themes, but it's not easy. :lol

Abby was my favourite in part 2, but no character is worth 1200 bucks in sixth scale.

I'd love an Abby figure, but $1200 is excessive. I haven't looked at Artisus' latest development photos but she didn't strike me as a $1200 figure when they announced her.

LIM aren't keen to make her because the investment in such a specific body may not pay off. She's still such a controversial character.

There were suggestions to make Abby more viable by selling her as part of a double pack with Lev.

Ellie's body was bespoke, so if it could be re-used as the base for Lev it would recoup some of the investment in that body. That in turn would offset some of the risk in investing in Abby.

I'd love for that to happen. The Abby/Lev relationship is a counterpoint to Joel/Ellie, as we see Abby's character grow while travelling with Lev.

However, it's doubtful whether LIM would risk going for it. :(

Maybe one day if enough of us pester them. :pray: :lol

Aside from that the only larger scale Abby release we might feasibly see is a Toys Era HBO Kaitlyn Dever version.

Back