1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel so welcome here! Im not the only one that feels $240 is completely FUBAR. I felt the price for Han/Luke hoth was pushing the limit last year. I Felt Jango was a bit high- yeah he came with a few more accessories, But is he really that much different than the $175 we paid for Boba? I was so looking forward to This Luke. And to see that $240 price tag just ruined it for me. Like many of you, I feel SS is pricing me out of this hobby. $150 for R2- and he's loaded with goodies and he lights up! Thats a steal! Less than $100 for a biker scout! ...

$240 for a clothed figure with no odd shapes, or armor? WTF.

:lecture

And Hot Toys and Sideshow will be forced to remake their back catalogue in their image.

star_wars_planet_apes.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :yess:

+1

Also, anyone else noticed since their prices have been going up, they dont seem to sell out very fast? Han and Luke last year are still available for order.

I feel so welcome here! Im not the only one that feels $240 is completely FUBAR. I felt the price for Han/Luke hoth was pushing the limit last year. I Felt Jango was a bit high- yeah he came with a few more accessories, But is he really that much different than the $175 we paid for Boba? I was so looking forward to This Luke. And to see that $240 price tag just ruined it for me. Like many of you, I feel SS is pricing me out of this hobby. $150 for R2- and he's loaded with goodies and he lights up! Thats a steal! Less than $100 for a biker scout! ...

Also, anyone else noticed since their prices have been going up, they dont seem to sell out very fast? Han and Luke last year are still available for order.

Prices have been rising steadily, and that has something to do with Chinese production costs. It's effecting industry in general, to the point that some UK companies are even bringing production back home.

Then factor in licensing fees and everything else, such as 'desirability' of a character. :(

This is outrageous and sad! I pushed my figure price comfort zone and bought the deluxe Vader. But this doesn't even come close to that release. I'm sorry to say this might be close to the end for me in this hobby. I love collecting these figures, but can't justify the unreasonable jump in prices. I really hope SSC reads our comments!

That's one of the things that rubs me the wrong way. This ENTIRE figure can be re-used. It's not that unique. Any X or Y-Wing pilot in the future (looking at you Biggs and Wedge) can use this exact same thing, likely even the body. If they were desperate, they can v2 Farmboy or Yavin Ceremony with the head. This of all things should be spread out some.

As I mentioned, I have Fife and Drum figures from back in the day. Those, the Civil War figures, Universal Monsters all had outfits and layers more intricate than a flight suit, for like $40! This is just crazy.

More power to them for trying. Getting more money is never a bad thing to want, and obviously many here will give it to them. I just hope volume wise, it totally backfires on them.

I love it when new figures are put up for PO with crazy ridiculous prices that suddenly make us feel good about our current PO's that when we placed we thought were crazy ridiculous.

When is the next "human" sideshow fig due so we can see where they sit quality wise now? I know my Snake PO has been pushed from August to December and Hoth Han and Luke are next year now. I'm hoping the delay on Snake is to get the quality where it needs to be.

I woke up and found the strength to cancel this preorder, which I had immediately swallowed when it was revealed. I hope King Darkness can forgive me for my moment of weakness. :pray:

This is a $150-175 figure, regardless of how great the prototype looks. It is also poor economic sense on Sideshow's part. Selling me more figures at less cost per figure actually can induce me to spend more money overall. If figures are $240 a piece, I can buy only three for the price I could buy four at $175, but buying four makes me more excited for the process overall. In fact I could buy a fifth figure at $175 before I would even match the cost of four figure at $240 a piece. Also unlike Hot Toys, I have no faith that the figure will live up to its prototype more or less.

Their pricing forces me to rationalise not buying OT Star Wars figures, where I own probably 90% of what they have realeased. And on that note, if I had to have one and only one X-Wing pilot figure, I would actually choose Wedge, since I will have every other variant of Luke.

I'm Pre-Ceanceling this one, and if this new pricing scheme continues I will have to do the same for the Tie Fighter Pilot, I will stick with HT new SW releases.

2029 ? Will the war against the machines have finished by then?

Quote Originally Posted by anwe View Post
I guess they really really really need to recuperate from the losses on the defective Vaders...

"
Well said, the koolaid is very strong in this forum, SSC is the bee knees to people here and can do no wrong"
Umm I think the last thirty pages or so would show that's not the case.
I like Ssc and have supported them since the first figures but this figure is just too big a jump in terms of price vs value.
Even if it was a hot toys dx type that price would be pushing it for ssc head sculpts. And as has been pointed out Luke Hoth is that spec and ain't that dear

We will see when the Hoth figures come out. If those look exactly like the proto's (which I personally didn't like that much but most everyone else did) I have a feeling there might be a sudden surge in Red Five preorders even though it will still have the same price.

I woke up and found the strength to cancel this preorder, which I had immediately swallowed when it was revealed. I hope King Darkness can forgive me for my moment of weakness. :pray:

This is a $150-175 figure, regardless of how great the prototype looks. It is also poor economic sense on Sideshow's part. Selling me more figures at less cost per figure actually can induce me to spend more money overall. If figures are $240 a piece, I can buy only three for the price I could buy four at $175, but buying four makes me more excited for the process overall. In fact I could buy a fifth figure at $175 before I would even match the cost of four figure at $240 a piece. Also unlike Hot Toys, I have no faith that the figure will live up to its prototype more or less.

Their pricing forces me to rationalise not buying OT Star Wars figures, where I own probably 90% of what they have realeased. And on that note, if I had to have one and only one X-Wing pilot figure, I would actually choose Wedge, since I will have every other variant of Luke.

You are forgiven.

Everybody should preorder then cancel right before it comes out, Sideshow would be forced to lower the price when they get stuck with all the inventory

Everybody should preorder then cancel right before it comes out, Sideshow would be forced to lower the price when they get stuck with all the inventory

Bad idea. Why be so deceptive, why not just be truthful and let SS know how the collecting community feels? Actions speak louder than words, don't buy! Their warehouse is already overcrowded, which has been happening more and more over the past couple of years. When their products get backed up they will have no other option than to sell at a reasonable cost. Patience young Skywalker.

DARTH_IMPOOR, if you read this, what Fife and Drums/ Brotherhood of Arms figures do you have? Looking to sell any? These figures were from the Golden Days of SS and to me are some of the best the company has ever produced. I am looking for the Continental Army troop.

Who would have thought it would be X-wing Luke that would outrage the masses...?

I love where this thread is going. Seems like a community coming together to say: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

On a very small, niche scale of course.

Who would have thought it would be X-wing Luke that would outrage the masses...?

I love where this thread is going. Seems like a community coming together to say: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.

On a very small, niche scale of course.

The NETWORK! Classic.

I'M mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!

I for one think this is a fair price. Look at all the accessories you get. I love the hands and gloves. You guys are overreacting. The licensing fees Hot Toys and Sideshow must be paying aren't their faults. $240 is a great price for this quality figure, this is the best Luke Skywalker offering ever. There's no doubt in my mind that this prototype will perfectly reflect the mass produced figure.

I'll be buying several. One for my 1/6 X-Wing, one to customize as Biggs, another as Wedge. $720 for all three ain't no thing. Just look at all the things we're getting, it's a bargain imo.

luuke.jpg

Don't like, don't buy.

Well, apparently ONE thread on the forum is making them "rethink" giving out codes, so since they're suddenly so responsive to the people, I'm guessing between this thread and Facebook they should be re pricing this to 175ish, right?

I'm kind of with the guy above, I'll stick with 200 buck stormies over SSC's pricing and just pick and choose from now on rather than grab every Star Wars release. Too bad, cause if he's even close to proto, this sparsely accessorized bastard is going to look awesome on the shelf.

Back