Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m honestly really hoping they give us an Oracle. I need she and her dad because I think this would make for a killer display:
View attachment 715125
That would make an epic display indeed.

DCD made a Hush Gordon back in the day, so it wouldn't surprise me if Mafex did him at some point too. Especially since they've just revealed Clark and Bruce.

That would make an epic display indeed.

DCD made a Hush Gordon back in the day, so it wouldn't surprise me if Mafex did him at some point too. Especially since they've just revealed Clark and Bruce.
Yeah, while he’s not in the list, I’m honestly hoping for an Alfred, too, as DCD made him, as well.

On the other side, I think all we’re missing are Croc, Clayface, and Talia, now, to have the makings of the villains wraparound cover Lee did.

Took some better shots of Bane the other day. Still can't quite believe how great he is! He's everything I always wanted out of a Bane figure.
I did extend his neck with some putty though to get his proportions just a bit better.

My Batman is still in the mail, so I used an old Mattel figure as a stand-in for the defeated shots.

IMG_0936_4_small.jpg

IMG_0948_2_small.jpg

IMG_0939_3_small.jpg

IMG_0932_2_small.jpg

Took some better shots of Bane the other day. Still can't quite believe how great he is! He's everything I always wanted out of a Bane figure.
I did extend his neck with some putty though to get his proportions just a bit better.

My Batman is still in the mail, so I used an old Mattel figure as a stand-in for the defeated shots.

View attachment 715206
View attachment 715207
View attachment 715208
View attachment 715209
Your photos are always so nice, what camera do you use?

Your photos are always so nice, what camera do you use?
Thanks!
I don't have a particularly fancy set-up, but I basically have a routine for taking pictures that makes it easy to be consistent.

I'm using a Canon 550d (Rebel T2i in the US) with a 50 mm lens. I've had the camera for over 10 years, but it still serves its purpose.
When taking shots, I use a tripod and remote control to avoid any shaking.
Manual focus and adjust the f-stop to where I want it, depending on the shot.
Then I post-process the shots slightly on the PC, mainly adjusting white balance and contrast, and crop if needed.

I got my Knightfall Batman about a month ago and he's pretty awesome, but a little "plain."

Honestly no reason for me to complain cause it's essentially what I've always wanted: an upscaled, fully articulated version of the Super Powers version.

My only real gripe is the bat-symbol. It has a border sculpted on it, but it's not painted. So I'm torn every time I look at it about whether I should attempt to paint it or not. Would it look better.....or worse?

Back