Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor’s Menagerie & Figure Photography

Awesome pics Mag. I need to frequent your thread more. I always forget about the Show Your Shelves section.

Testing out a photobucket feature that King Darkness brought to my attention.

Before:

IMG_4443.jpg

After:

IMG_4443-1.jpg

Seems to work pretty well, although the colors aren't identical. Might have to check out some of the advanced settings with that effect...

[Just noticed I missed a couple spots. :gah:]

Meh.......... if I had a had camera I could do That too

Kiddin Master Futzer.... your pics are The best

:lol Thanks man. :1-1:

Awesome pics Mag. I need to frequent your thread more. I always forget about the Show Your Shelves section.

Thanks for stoppin' in!

When in "Edit" mode click on the "effects" tab. The effect is called "Color Splash". It makes your whole picture black and white, then you paint in the parts you want to be color again.

Pretty kewl. :)

When in "Edit" mode click on the "effects" tab. The effect is called "Color Splash". It makes your whole picture black and white, then you paint in the parts you want to be color again.

Pretty kewl. :)

Weak .

Ski

IMG_4530.jpg

Lots of great shots here mags.
Really like this one. Although this figure is excellent, I've had a hard time trying to find a dynamic pose for him so I opted for a static pose.
This is the best dynamic pose so far I've seen on bats.
Excellent lighting also, looks like a movie poster.

Contrapposto

- Superman as David

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5192.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

I don't want to steal the thunder of the Contrapposto pose 'cos it literally took me days to get right (and it's the pose I'm sticking with long-term), but here's another pose I played with but ultimately abandoned:

IMG_4868.jpg

I feel like I'm being punished for being behind in your thread. :lol :monkey2

I don't want to steal the thunder of the Contrapposto pose 'cos it literally took me days to get right (and it's the pose I'm sticking with long-term), but here's another pose I played with but ultimately abandoned:

IMG_4868.jpg

Wow that is a great shot and pose Maglor. Why did you abandoned it?

Mag, I speak from personal experience when I say that the Contrapposto stance is a giant _____ to get right. I've made several attempts, and never achieved it as perfectly as you have in those pics :duff

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :duff

I have my James Dean in his classic Contrapposto stance and that was tricky as well. What made this especially difficult is that the outfit is very unforgiving. With Dean, he's wearing Jeans and a jacket so the cloths hide anything that might be off about the pose. With Supes, he really is almost as naked as Michelangelo's David, and every joint and muscle is visible.

Back