Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Phantom Zone - A fictional Prison Dimension in Superman stories

Fictional. Magic is propelling that mirror for I know. I didn't build the ****ing thing! :lol

I DO remember it flying towards the screen, away from Crouton, with a quickness though. They were moving faster than "floating slowly through space". I just watched a clip on youtube. They're ****ing screaming, Zod's all, "**** YOU JOR-ELLLLLLL". Non looks like he's on a roller coaster ride.

Then I see them traveling around where baby Kal-El is (who was sent out later by the way) and they're screaming at it. It's not really that much of a stretch that they'd run into each other again would it? Especially when Kent's an adult.

Little Kal-El's Crystal meth rocket wasn't flying at the speed of light? :huh

Jor-El warned Clark about Zod and Co. The rocket passes the Phantom Zone at some point in space. The story depicts a plot where the Phantom Zone prisoners and baby Kal-El are sent away from a dying planet that eventually expires. The only logic I need to know is that, sooner or later, that mirror is going to break and all hell is going to break loose on Earth.

What better way to shatter that prison than to have a Superman who is struggling with his own hubris, break the villains out of their prison. Better yet, what better way to have him break them out, but also try and settle down with Lois by taking his own powers away. Something his father ALSO warns him against?

It is, much much stretch.

Also, the phantom zone devoids people from sensations.

It was flying towards the screen, not propelled, slowly, not even close to Supes' baby pod.

The pod was propelled, I can buy that it arrived fast because it can change speed, like in MoS, it only slowed down or past the bent space once it was close to earth.

But I can't buy that a floating mirror reaches earth in a couple decades, if it were destroyed anywhere else, they wouldn't have been able to find Superman, but surprise, they were just in time for that nuke.

You simply can't make sense out of that thing.

Sincerely, I only see you struggling trying though.

You're over thinking a fairly simple story. You brought up "HNNNNG PHYSICS, PLAUSIBILITY, COINCIDENCE" not me. There's coincidence in every movie and story ever told. The only time it's bad is when it's contrived and force fed with no real reason for existing (which, did I even bring that to the MoS conversation today?). Everything is established in Superman: The Movie from a more forgiving, innocent time of filmmaking.

Wanna bash a film from the 70s that dabbles in a flying, SUPERman from a magical planet that has crystal technology, mirror prisons, floating Brando head communication, and bad 70s outfits? Be my guest.

Funny thing is, I'm not even over thinking, it's right there.

Coincidence is not a free pass for everything, and it is bad, for the same reasons you mention, but applied to STMP.

At least you gave the old, "it's an old movie" excuse, I can't bash it if you put it like that :lol

It is, much much stretch.

Also, the phantom zone devoids people from sensations.

It was flying towards the screen, not propelled, slowly, not even close to Supes' baby pod.

The pod was propelled, I can buy that it arrived fast because it can change speed, like in MoS, it only slowed down or past the bent space once it was close to earth.

But I can't buy that a floating mirror reaches earth in a couple decades, if it were destroyed anywhere else, they wouldn't have been able to find Superman, but surprise, they were just in time for that nuke.

You simply can't make sense out of that thing.

Sincerely, I only see you struggling trying though.

Funny thing is, I'm not even over thinking, it's right there.

Coincidence is not a free pass for everything, and it is bad, for the same reasons you mention, but applied to STMP.

At least you gave the old, "it's an old movie" excuse, I can't bash it if you put it like that :lol

Whatever, Superman: The Movie still has more of a heart than Man of Steel.

Superman: The Movie was made from a mommy and a daddy who love each other very much. It had it's own logic to it and was more about the feeling of being Superman (which included flight). It shouldn't have worked. It had lousy, greedy film producers who were beating down a great director. Somehow, all the ingredients worked. Dated, sure. Still has more heart. It feels like someone's dreams and imagination.

Man of Steel was made from codex DNA from the Wachowski brothers, er, I mean siblings. It has no soul other than it's nicely lit, cinematography from it's Kansas sequences. It bogs me down with post 9/11 imagery, unheroic, political/moral dilemmas such as "big brother is watching". It should have worked. It had great film producers who were supporting a great visionary director. It's a modern 2000s, CGI slug fest. It's feels like someone's nightmares.

Oh, about MoS not having Scifi:

The matrix babies, hate on it all you want, it's scifi.
Wormholes: scifi.
Space bending ships: Scifi.
The fact that Superman is genetically stronger than a human being due to stronger gravity and a harsher environment of his ancestors: Scifi.

Superman: The Movie was made from a mommy and a daddy who love each other very much. It had it's own logic to it and was more about the feeling of being Superman (which included flight). It shouldn't have worked. It had lousy, greedy film producers who were beating down a great director. Somehow, all the ingredients worked. Dated, sure. Still has more heart. It feels like someone's dreams and imagination.

Man of Steel was made from codex DNA from the Wachowski brothers, er, I mean siblings. It has no soul other than nicely lit, cinematography from it's Kansas sequences. It bogs me down with post 9/11 imagery, unheroic, moral dilemmas. It should have worked. It had great film producers who were supporting a great visionary director. It's a modern 2000s, CGI slug fest. It's feels like someone's nightmares.

"It has it's own logic" :lol nice way to say it's dumb.

Also, flight is easily more explainable than the mirror thing :lol

Yeah well, that's your opinion, that I can deal with :peace

Last edited:

Man of Steel was made from codex DNA from the Wachowski brothers, er, I mean siblings. It has no soul other than it's nicely lit, cinematography from it's Kansas sequences. It bogs me down with post 9/11 imagery, unheroic, political/moral dilemmas such as "big brother is watching". It should have worked. It had great film producers who were supporting a great visionary director. It's a modern 2000s, CGI slug fest. It's feels like someone's nightmares.

It can't get anymore clearer than that.

Oh, about MoS not having Scifi:

The matrix babies, hate on it all you want, it's scifi.
Wormholes: scifi.
Space bending ships: Scifi.
The fact that Superman is genetically stronger than a human being due to stronger gravity and a harsher environment of his ancestors: Scifi.

Ughhhhhhhh

:rotfl

Oh I can. Unless you start trashing another good film to justify this one.

Comparing is one thing. Trashing is another.

:lol at all those discussing the "physics" behind Superman. The dude can defy gravity, flying, while carrying several tons. Physics in Superman flicks are non-existent as it pertains to Kryptonians.

:lol at all those discussing the "physics" behind Superman. The dude can defy gravity, flying, while carrying several tons. Physics in Superman flicks are non-existent as it pertains to Kryptonians.

I see you missed my lectures son.

David-Gale-Kevin-Spacey-is-a-popular-and-respected-university-professor-3.jpg

Superman: The Movie and Superman II = Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2

Man of Steel = The Amazing Spider-Man

"LETS DO THE CLASSIC ORIGIN STORY AGAIN, BUT LETS DABBLE IN THIS CRAZY SCIENCE STUFF LIKE, *insert scientist dad ****ing with his son's DNA here*. LETS MAKE EARTH FULL OF MILLIONS OF MICHAEL SHANNONS AND LIZARD MEN. LOOK HOW MISERABLE THIS "HERO" GUY IS. HE HAS ****ING SUPER POWERS LIKE FLYING AND SUPER STRENGTH YET HE'S CONSTANTLY BURDENED BY SUICIDAL DAD'S AND CHOCOLATE MILK"

Back