Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How Zack Snyder can fix the haters with 5 minutes of additional footage on the Blu-Ray:

After the battle in Metropolis, Superman realizes that if he flies at Ludicrous speed against the rotation of the Earth, he can reverse the flow of time. He flies right back to where he pushes the "button of Zod summoning" and doesn't push it.

Cut to end scene of Clark going to work at Daily Planet which looks sparkly...cause yeah Zod never found Earth.

Barely moving? Those three were FLYING. :lol

They were going away from Krypton so fast that Zod, Non and Ursa were screaming at the top of their lungs. For a mirror, it jettisoned pretty far.

They were in the phantom zone, they don't perceive sensations, you do know what the PZ is don't you?

They were floating, very slowly.

A mirror and a baby in a crystal pod are space ships. Superman can seemingly fly at lightspeed.

Except that mirror isn't propelled by anything, it's not a space ship, it's just a mirror that bounced on the surface of krypton, grabbed 3 people and kept going with apparently constant speed, I'm not even trying to sound pretentious, It's basic physics, the closest star would take like 3 light years to reach, did you see the phantom zone moving anything close to the speed of light? Hell, the original phantom zone isn't even a floating mirror.

The crystal pod rocket was clearly propelled.

How Zack Snyder can fix the haters with 5 minutes of additional footage on the Blu-Ray:

After the battle in Metropolis, Superman realizes that if he flies at Ludicrous speed against the rotation of the Earth, he can reverse the flow of time. He flies right back to where he pushes the "button of Zod summoning" and doesn't push it.

Cut to end scene of Clark going to work at Daily Planet which looks sparkly...cause yeah Zod never found Earth.

Already better than what we got. :rotfl

Good job Niltusk. :rotfl

CelticPredator knows everything. Your username alone shows how much you know about movies.

tumblr_lxpbrn3HC01rn95k2o1_250.gif

Time travel is a "heroes Journey?" You keep saying Superman "can't" save the people he loves from dying, why is that? Did you miss the whole "reversing time" scene? He can do whatever the F he wants. There are no limits to his powers. That's why saying that they "set up" the idea of him being to save anyone from anything except death, is BS. Like I said I guess Jor-el should've warned him that when you do "interfere with human history" you tend to set your arch-nemesis free.

No, learning from mistakes is a heroes journey.

You're so caught up in the time travel bit (which, I don't even really like by the way) that you're overlooking what Celtic meant.

Jor-El is the voice of an all knowing God. That's how they play him in the Donner flicks. The film DOES set up that even despite Superman's great abilities, he can't save the people he loves. He can't and he doesn't. Lois DOES die, Superman breaks down and cries.

That happens.

But then what? Where do you go from there? Defiance. They also set up that Superman DOES have the means to bend and twist "the rules" in the beginning of the film. He's ****ing SUPERman. That's ALSO set up in the beginning of the film with Jor-El. What does Superman do? He defies him. "**** it, I'm saving Lois". His human upbringing and Kryptonian heritage are at odds.

As much as that turning back time plot feels like a cop out, it IS serving a purpose. It's Superman's first step of becoming human (the next thing he does is foolishly give up his powers, once again, FOR Lois). That gets him into trouble.

You're argument against Celtic is that they don't set it up and it doesn't happen. It does. Lois does die (she literally dies, Superman holds her there for minutes). Superman DOESN'T SAVE her. He can't. But he does have the ability to warp time, or history as Jor-El states which is "forbidden". He changes it up and **** gets worse (enter Zod and the other two). Jor-El was right and Superman didn't pay heed to what his fathers told him. It's not an oxymoron. Not when both instances are set up. Not when Superman hears both of those voices/scenes up in his head when he flies up in a fit of rage.

If people want to jump on something, jump on that kiss at the end of Superman II by Lester. That serves no purpose to the plot other than "Lois can't know that Supes is Kent!"

Already better than what we got. :rotfl

Good job Niltusk. :rotfl

Thats the ***** edition. :lol

What the BR should have is 5 added minutes of Superman ripping off Zod's head and bouncing it off the floor like he just made a touchdown while victory dancing and pissing on Zod's yet steaming corpse. He then rips off Zod's scrotum which he will use in the sequel to fashion a coin purse....

of course this is still a work in progress, but I think its a pretty good base to build from. :hi5:

They were in the phantom zone, they don't perceive sensations, you do know what the PZ is don't you?

Except that mirror isn't propelled by anything, it's not a space ship, it's just a mirror that bounced on the surface of krypton, grabbed 3 people and kept going with apparently constant speed, I'm not even trying to sound pretentious, It's basic physics, the closest star would take like 3 light years to reach, did you see the phantom zone moving anything close to the speed of light? Hell, the original phantom zone isn't even a floating mirror.

while you're busy trying to figure out how and why things work in a superhero movie, i'm content knowing that the events in MOS served no purpose.

ok, you may continue with your physics lesson. :rotfl

Oh, now Superman is allowed to learn from his mistakes, cool, didn't know that.

Also, there were no consequences for reverting time.

Yeah, that thing where Superman gave up his powers cause he was horny.... Real commitment.

You're so caught up in the time travel bit (which, I don't even really like by the way) that you're overlooking what Celtic meant.

Jor-El is the voice of an all knowing God. That's how they play him in the Donner flicks. The film DOES set up that even despite Superman's great abilities, he can't save the people he loves. He can't and he doesn't. Lois DOES die, Superman breaks down and cries.

That happens.

But then what? Where do you go from there? Defiance. They also set up that Superman DOES have the means to bend and twist "the rules" in the beginning of the film. He's ****ing SUPERman. That's ALSO set up in the beginning of the film with Jor-El. What does Superman do? He defies him. "**** it, I'm saving Lois". His human upbringing and Kryptonian heritage are at odds.

As much as that turning back time plot feels like a cop out, it IS serving a purpose. It's Superman's first step of becoming human (the next thing he does is foolishly give up his powers, once again, FOR Lois). That gets him into trouble.

You're argument against Celtic is that they don't set it up and it doesn't happen. It does. Lois does die (she literally dies, Superman holds her there for minutes). Superman DOESN'T SAVE her. He can't. But he does have the ability to warp time, or history as Jor-El states which is "forbidden". He changes it up and **** gets worse (enter Zod and the other two). Jor-El was right and Superman didn't pay heed to what his fathers told him. It's not an oxymoron. Not when both instances are set up. Not when Superman hears both of those voices/scenes up in his head when he flies up in a fit of rage.

If people want to jump on something, jump on that kiss at the end of Superman II by Lester. That serves no purpose to the plot other than "Lois can't know that Supes is Kent!"

I think the Donner cut must've caused confusion for some. :rotfl

while you're busy trying to figure out how and why things work in a superhero movie, i'm content knowing that the events in MOS served no purpose.

ok, you may continue with your physics lesson. :rotfl

But I did explain why MoS devices serve purpose in a better fashion than STPM hocus pocus does, I'm not the one trying to figure out how it works.

You may continue to mock me for being aware of the most basic science, I enjoy it.

CelticPredator knows everything. Your username alone shows how much you know about movies.

I bet you love to get a good whacking from Ryan Gosling. A long hard good wackin. Wackin here, wackin there. Wackin everywhere.

Jesus would not approve of such action, SnoopLion.

But I did explain why MoS devices serve purpose in a better fashion than STPM hocus pocus does, I'm not the one trying to figure out how it works.

You may continue to mock me for being aware of the most basic science, I enjoy it.

Oh believe me, i'm also a man of science.

But I have no problem with mirror and rocket meeting up in space when it serves the story.

That happens.

I'm caught up in the time travel aspect because you fail to acknowledge the point I'm trying to make. If the purpose is to have Superman being able to save anyone from anything except death, then why can he "twist the rules?" And you keep saying Superman doesn't save her, but he does have the "ability to warp time." :lol What is the F'ing difference? He can do anything with that type of power. It doesn't matter what he does, EVER.

Science Fiction, at least real science fiction, has actual science in it. Man of Steel is more Science Fantasy.

I'm caught up in the time travel aspect because you fail to acknowledge the point I'm trying to make. If the purpose is to have Superman being able to save anyone from anything except death, then why can he "twist the rules?" And you keep saying Superman doesn't save her, but he does have the "ability to warp time." :lol What is the F'ing difference? He can do anything with that type of power. It doesn't matter what he does, EVER.

Except that by doing so, he ended up bring Zod down to earth. So. You know. That **** happened. Actions have consequences.

But break Zod's neck? Eh. Whatever. Let's go get a job and **** Lois Lane.

The Phantom Zone - A fictional Prison Dimension in Superman stories

Fictional. Magic is propelling that mirror for I know. I didn't build the ****ing thing! :lol

I DO remember it flying towards the screen, away from Crouton, with a quickness though. They were moving faster than "floating slowly through space". I just watched a clip on youtube. They're ****ing screaming, Zod's all, "**** YOU JOR-ELLLLLLL". Non looks like he's on a roller coaster ride.

Then I see them traveling around where baby Kal-El is (who was sent out later by the way) and they're screaming at it. It's not really that much of a stretch that they'd run into each other again would it? Especially when Kent's an adult.

Little Kal-El's Crystal meth rocket wasn't flying at the speed of light? :huh

Jor-El warned Clark about Zod and Co. The rocket passes the Phantom Zone at some point in space. The story depicts a plot where the Phantom Zone prisoners and baby Kal-El are sent away from a dying planet that eventually expires. The only logic I need to know is that, sooner or later, that mirror is going to break and all hell is going to break loose on Earth.

What better way to shatter that prison than to have a Superman who is struggling with his own hubris, break the villains out of their prison. Better yet, what better way to have him break them out, but also try and settle down with Lois by taking his own powers away. Something his father ALSO warns him against?

You're over thinking a fairly simple story. You brought up "HNNNNG PHYSICS, PLAUSIBILITY, COINCIDENCE" not me. There's coincidence in every movie and story ever told. The only time it's bad is when it's contrived and force fed with no real reason for existing (which, did I even bring that to the MoS conversation today?). Everything is established in Superman: The Movie from a more forgiving, innocent time of filmmaking.

Wanna bash a film from the 70s that dabbles in a flying, SUPERman from a magical planet that has crystal technology, mirror prisons, floating Brando head communication, and bad 70s outfits? Be my guest.

Back