Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

We get it, you don't like it so far. I hope we don't have to hear you complain for the next two years. :panic:

Yes, you will, and I will have to listen to you say how much you like it.
Thats the nature of forums unfortunately, if you don't like it maybe you should just disconnect your keyboard and talk to yourself.

:lol

If he's not wearing the red undies, it looks more like the re-launch version:

phpThumb.php

That'd be one way to differentiate from the rest of the movie designs from the past.

Hmm, why is it that I see DC attempting to hook up Wonder Woman with Superman in the reboot since he and Lois will not be together anymore? Superman being with a normal human never truely made since in the first place since she'll die way before he does naturally. Maybe Bruce will hook up with Lois and tap that ass like he did with the other 4000 DC women :lol.
I need a better shot of him in the new movie suit because his face throws everything off. I can't see the red underwear either.

My favorite quote so far:

There you have it. Henry Cavill as Superman. What spectacular hair he has! Warner Bros. has released the first still from Zack Snyder’s The Man of Steel and it showcases a comic book hero whose arch rival is vaults.

:lol

My favorite quote so far...
"Reeve and Routh were perfect...this guy looks like a TV supe"
:wink1:

The texture of the suit reminds me of the suit worn by Andrew Garfield in the new Spider Man movie. :dunno

Hopefully the movie won't dissapoint. :pray:

Reeve was perfect because is Superman. He put a flesh and blood face to the character that was burned into all of our nostalgic brains. Routh was a less charismatic copy of Reeve. Should Hollywood just keep searching for Reeve clones that will never measure up to the man?

Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh showed us almost a too sensitive hero. He seemed to constantly have a tear in the corner of his eye. It looks like Snyder and this Cavill guy are going almost in the extreme in the opposite direction with a full on a$$ kicker Superman. The trick I suppose is finding a balance between the two.

Last edited:

Before Cavill was chosen I was hoping for Jon Hamm although he's probably too old for rebooting the story. But man, he has that classic Superman/Clark Kent look.

I totally agree! If it weren't for his age :( Hamm has the look and charisma.

Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh showed us almost a too sensitive hero. He seemed to constantly have a tear in the corner of his eye. It looks like Snyder and this Cavill guy are going almost in the extreme in the opposite direction with a full on a$$ kicker Superman. The trick I suppose is finding a balance between the two.

I agree, Routh was very sensitive. I think too Reeve had just recently sadly passed away and when everyone saw Routh and heard him speak it was like seeing and hearing Reeve again. Again, sort of made it kind of sad. I liked the movie, I never was one to bash it, I thought it was fun and good entertainment, but it never felt like they were trying something new, like I said before, It felt like a movie that was more homage to Chris Reeve than a new Superman movie.

We KNOW what Superman should look like, he has been around for 50 years.
If they are making something else fine, but that is not Superman IMO.
No problems with Cavill, but he looks all wrong in that pic and the outfit is tacky, classless and completely inappropriate for the character.

I hope to be proven wrong with further pics. But this just reinforces my fear that Snyder is completely wrong for this and was a desperate last choice for Warners before they lost the rights.

Are you serious? How can you judge Henrry Cavill on one and the first promo pic from the movie? Wait till we see more pics and the movie to pass judgement..

I'm loving the suit so far and for me, Cavill does have that Supes look down...

Cant really tell in that pic if he is wearing the red speedos. But cape is HUGE

Are you serious? How can you judge Henrry Cavill on one and the first promo pic from the movie? Wait till we see more pics and the movie to pass judgement..

I'm loving the suit so far and for me, Cavill does have that Supes look down...

Did you actually read my posts?
I like Cavill, I'm judging the costume. Because this is the first pic of the costume, hmm? Understand now?

:slap:lol

I like it!!! It looks classic to me!

The long red cape looks awesome!!!

Like the design on the suit so far allthough i hope it's not Rubber,superman shouldn't wear Rubber:lol

The shoulders of the cape are awesome.

I'm really hoping for a modern tech superspeed flying battle with a villain this time around.

The routh/plane was pretty great. But in every other Supes film the close we got to a good fight was Supes vs Clark Kent. Everything else was barely a punch thrown. :(

Every so often i mentally choreograph a flying fight between Supes and an equally powered enemy.

IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Like the design on the suit so far allthough i hope it's not Rubber,superman shouldn't wear Rubber:lol

If it means no Superkid in this movie he can wear rubber at certain times.

Er, dunno what to say about the suit, but the hair don't look like Supes at all without the little curl.

Superman in a rubber suit, with Thor's cape?

Mmmmkay...

Also, people touting Jon Hamm can GTFO.

The man's been awful in every single film he's been in,IMO.
A charisma vacuum of epic proportions.

so where is he going to shove the cape when he is wearing it under his business suit?

and isn't he going to be walking around squeaking all day

whatever...i will still see it

Back