Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I actually really like the suit. The "rubber" looks like it could be a material that could withstand the extreme conditions they'd be put through, better than any sort of spandex.

But something about the hair, face, and lighting actually makes him look somewhat villainous.

:lecture Reminds me of Reeve's evil Superman version more than anything.

why would WB release a ____ty muted pic to show off the first pic of Superman? hopefully this isn't an indication of the movie's color palette.
also, i realize they were going for an action pic but for the first debut i would've rather had him just standing upright in the hero pose with his arms folded and cape flowing in the wind. a pic of superman all hunched over looking like he's about to take a ____ doesn't get me excited to see more.

dislikes:
suit looks like thick rubber & has a snake like texture. looks shiny/glittery.
no red trunks?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You can't even see the color of his trunks in the pic. Could be red, black or blue.

no "S" curl. dull hair style. should be parted to one side.
cape way too long

Really? Nothing at all? Thanks for your contribution.

Actually i forgot to put the question in there if anyone knew if this was fan made? looks it...I thought someone would know on here...

It is clearly a fan made poster. Look at the shield. Plus that poster already has a pg-13 rating on it.

I know the red trunks are classic, but why would you want your superheroes wearing their underwear outside their pants?:dunno Is it just personal taste, is it only because the classic version had them, or all of the above?

And from looking at the pic that was released, its too dark to really tell if he has any trunks. But I think I see red speedo's (I'm hoping I'm wrong.) Either way I'm not going to spend another second looking at Cavill's crotch in this picture to determine whether or not he's wearing his underwear outside his pants. :lol

I LOVE the fact they gave him the Golden Age Superman S. I would never had thought they would do this but it is a wonderful homage to the original Superman. The costume itself is very good as well. The Boots look perfect and the cape is very Modern Age. This is a good mix of Superman history in general. I believe that the briefs are there as the Yellow Belt is there but I think Hidden to see what reaction the picture would get and if people want the briefs or not ( I KNOW I DO)

I am very pleased so far with what I see.

I actually really like the suit. The "rubber" looks like it could be a material that could withstand the extreme conditions they'd be put through, better than any sort of spandex.

But something about the hair, face, and lighting actually makes him look somewhat villainous.

Agree. They might have chosen a better expression to debut Supe's new look.

Otherwise, I'm willing to give the costume a chance.

Why is he covered in bumpy texture?? Looks good overall but I really hope the colors are brighter.

:exactly:
Whatever happened to the flashes of red, blue and yellow in the sky?
Superman is a heroes hero, more perfect than perfect. Iconic and graceful, powerful, calm and wise. Superior in almost every way.

What I see in this pic, is an angry, rubber coated villain. I think it's just cowardly that directors won't embrace a character as it stands. Why mute it down? Incase people think it's silly? Well that rubber suit looks very silly.

100% hate it.

:exactly:
Whatever happened to the flashes of red, blue and yellow in the sky?
Superman is a heroes hero, more perfect than perfect. Iconic and graceful, powerful, calm and wise. Superior in almost every way.

What I see in this pic, is an angry, rubber coated villain. I think it's just cowardly that directors won't embrace a character as it stands. Why mute it down? Incase people think it's silly? Well that rubber suit looks very silly.

100% hate it.

I don't think he looks villain like. I see determination to stop what ever threat he is facing.

If anyone knows me they know I'm a 100% Superman purest, I can't stand the new suit they are using in the books come September as it makes him look like every other hero and a tyrant IMO. This suit doesn't say that to me. It looks respectful of all ages in many ways right down to the Golden Age S. The rubber look is what we will have no matter what. I don't like it either but I could live with it as I see more good then bad with the suit. Maybe in time it will grow on you, I think we all agree we are very happy it doesn't look like the Superman Returns suit which still makes me ill to this day.:thud:

Much improved over the SR suit. Loving the big, retro S shield and the cape. I'm hoping that he's got the shorts and that it's a bit lighter. I never was down with the darkness of the SR suit. The gold belt does look like the new comic design though.

and for those hating the texture - that's the movies and HD - you have to have texture to a suit like this - the spandex just doesn't cut it any more. I still like the suit on the fanart I posted more.

You know what.. I really like this suit..a lot..:) I have a gut feeling this time Superman fans may get a worthy film!!! If this is a real picture.. I also see a steely determination to stop a threat.. please make this threat worthy... no more bumbling Lex's ... Make Lex evil ruthless and bad ass... There are plenty more Superman villians why do we keep getting the same recycled ones... are there no more ideas???? No more goofy humor.. it worked in the 70's... I saw the Reeves Superman when I was 10 and now it's time to make Superman Super again.... It was always creepy to me that Roth was a Chris Reeves suedo look-a-like.. very unsettling...:(

Really? Nothing at all? Thanks for your contribution.

oh grow up. i'm speaking specifically about the picture- cavill and the suit. i like the rest of the casting. that picture does nothing for me. ill of course wait for more pics and a trailer before my final judgement.

I like the overall design of the suit,(cape does look to be huge though) but HATE the "Medicom Spiderman" texture of the suit.

Superman needs his "S" curl or GTFO.

0804supesbig.jpg

Nice. Is this movie still delayed to Summer 2013?

I think the suit looks good. A bit shiney, but overall not bad. I like it more than the Returns suit.

oh grow up. i'm speaking specifically about the picture- cavill and the suit. i like the rest of the casting. that picture does nothing for me. ill of course wait for more pics and a trailer before my final judgement.

Your post "specifically" said Likes: nothing yet. Guess that is not the case huh? If you post on here just to ______ then expect some right back at ya.

The suit looks alright I guess. I'm even less thrilled with the casting, as this guy just doesn't look like Superman to me. I also feel Snyder was a very uninspired choice to direct, so my expectations for this one are pretty much below sea-level.

Your post "specifically" said Likes: nothing yet. Guess that is not the case huh? If you post on here just to ______ then expect some right back at ya.

well being as how the picture has just come out and EVERYONE is sharing their comments about it, i didn't think i'd have to mention that i was specifically talking about said picture. also, just because i don't like anything about the picture doesn't mean i'm only here just to talk ____. sorry i don't share the same opinion as you.

Back