Mando's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Not so average Joes, and a few others

The 2 Clone Commanders are beautiful.:)

Thanks, Die, GreyRabbit, and Puay!

I finished this one a couple days ago.

Angel (Based more on his days in L.A. than Sunnydale.)

Angel.jpg

Angel1.jpg

More JOES please. Bazooka would be cool or Alpine:D

More JOES please. Bazooka would be cool or Alpine:D

Don't worry there'll be more Joes. :D I still haven't pulled all the ones over from my blog. Bazooka and Alpine, along with anyone from '85, are high on my to-do list! I love those guys! :rock

You definitely need a Lady Jaye to go with your Flint.

I've always wanted to make Flash myself, Flash & Breaker were my first Joes.

Flash is definitely in my top 10 favorite Joes ever! I much prefer him to Sci-Fi, the laser trooper I had as a kid. His red quilted pads really make him stand out amongst the olive drab bunch of '82. If I could sew worth a damn he'd be done along with Grandslam!

Lady Jaye has actually been on the to-do list since I finished Flint. Mostly likely she'd be closer to her appearance on the cartoon, always liked that look more. Just a matter of finding a decent headsculpt. I have a spare Ripley, but the hair isn't right and I'm not so good at the hair sculpting...

Very early chest armor WiP:

Zschestarmorwip.jpg

Still a ways to go. It a modified Pro. torso, I finally found a use for them!

If a mod could please change the subject to "Mando's Customs" I'd be much obliged! :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

God only knows what page this on had to do a search to find it. :lol Gonna try and keep a solid customs thread going and hoping it'll help me get some work done.
Seems like most of the Joes re on here already but I'll have to take a look at the first pge again.
So here's the stuff I've finished over the past few months.

Storm Shadow mod:

StormShadow5.jpg

SSC Stormy mostly (ex. chucks are a must ;))
TT Body
elastic straps for the wraps and the extra bits in his belt are Ignite pieces.

Major Bludd

Bludd4.jpg

Bludd6.jpg

Bludd5.jpg

Head is a modded TDK Bale
outfit is dragon and bbi I believe, both dyed to match
The helmet and armor and rocket gun are scratch made using apoxie sculpt and styrene.
Actually got the idea of how to do this one while working on WWII Fett.

Cobra Officermod:

COfficer3.jpg

COfficer2.jpg

repainted Officer head
costume is a Trooper suit with the chest emblem repainmted and the color modified.
webgear is mostly the Trooper's but removed the canteens and added a couple pouches.
He's on a modded TT mostly because I had one I didn't need and couldn't bare to put him on a Pro. :eek:

Another update to follow soon. Pics of my wip Kyle Reese and I need to reshoot IG-88. Questions comments and sarcastic anecdotes always welcome.

Mando is my master.
It's because of his awesome custom joe's that i follow his steps and wanted to make some more.
He has a lot of joe's and i'm more into cobra's so i think in a year or so we will have the entire joe and cobra line covered!

Good lord, your customs make me want to have a Joe collection !!!
Very cool !!!!

Mando is my master.
It's because of his awesome custom joe's that i follow his steps and wanted to make some more.
He has a lot of joe's and i'm more into cobra's so i think in a year or so we will have the entire joe and cobra line covered!

Thanks man! :duff Your stuff is definitely inspiring as well and I'm really tempted to go back and weather a few pieces. So far HnR is the only one I've really dirtied up. I really want to tackle more Cobra pieces as well! :rock

Good lord, your customs make me want to have a Joe collection !!!
Very cool !!!!

Thanks Barlow!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I made the mistake of not checking the first page of this thread before I bumped it. Was thinking I had posted a few more guys, but it turns I was thinking of my profile blogs. :duh So here's a couple more that are late to the party.

Wild Bill and Tunnel Rat, the 2nd and 4th ones I did (respectively)

WildBill4-1.jpg

BillandDoc2.jpg

TunnelRat165-1.jpg

TRcaught.jpg

Never really cared for TR's giant backpack especially since he's supposed to going through small nooks and crannies (tunnels :D ) and the damn thing would just get in the way. Did make sure and give him one of the flashlights from it though.

And lastly a small nod to old cartoon opening: :)

ARAH2.jpg

Awesome work! Especially the Joes! I can't wait to see more!

Hey Mando how about a pic of all your joe's and all of your cobra's together.

Back