Mando's customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Not so average Joes, and a few others

Thanks, guys! :rock2
A giant group shot with all the Joes and Cobras is definitely something I would like to but at present at couple of the Joes are back on the workbench for modifications. There's still a few upcoming guys and gals that I need to get caught up on. But in time who knows... :naughty

Now for something a little different from of my favorite movies.

Rambo mod

Rambo.jpg

Made this a while ago when the M-65 jacket version came out. The head is modified from that figure. The rest is just the original First Blood version. Weathered pants and boots and restitched the shirt so the seams were underneath it. Admittedly the 5 o'clock shadow is a bit heavy.

Next, and somewhat random, is a wip Punisher head. Not really based on any version. Just been in a Marvel mood and I've got a plenty of spare parts to rock out a Frank Castle.

punisherwip.jpg

BBI face, Hot Toys head. Still needs work after this first stage is done curing. Probably lose the mole too.:lol

More wip heads.

DSC09967.jpg

-Wild Weasle (rough start)
-Punisher
-Arkham Joker

Wild Weasle. Who I'm hoping to actually produce in very limited nummbers. But more on that as it developes, he needs a completed head first.

Airtight I did start a while ago but kept running into hangups with the backpack and other (easier) projects kinda got in the way. Definitely a character I want to come back to as he was my first Joe as a kid. Old and crappy Wip pic:

atwip2-1.jpg

Awesome stuff.
I'm in for an Airtight of course.
Love that Punisher head. You know it I love the Punisher.

you should make casts of that airtight head/helmet and chest piece. I'd be down for a set.

you should make casts of that airtight head/helmet and chest piece. I'd be down for a set.

Casting is definitely something I'm going to start playing around with again in the future. The problem with casting the Airtight head is that it's got a clear visor built into the sculpt so you'd lose the facial details in a casting. That'd be okay for Wild Weasle's black visor but for AT it might look odd. :eek:

Punisher head is just about finished. Couple minor touch ups and he's in great shape. Been gathering the outfit together just need to finish the vest to see how it all looks.

DSC00064.jpg

i see. would you be able to post some more pics of the helmet or what parts you used? really want to have a go at making this guy.

If you ever want to sell your Joes or take commissions on some new ones drop me a pm

i see. would you be able to post some more pics of the helmet or what parts you used? really want to have a go at making this guy.

Heres a couple different WiP shots of the head, both well over a year old. Aside from the face underneath it really wound up being mostly an original sculpt.

ATwip1.jpg
ATwip3.jpg

Started out with a HT head and a Dragon (I think) aviator helmet but I eventually realised it'd be too small. It went through a couple more stages in between these two shots and somewhere in there the visor was added and then I sculpted over and around it.

If you ever want to sell your Joes or take commissions on some new ones drop me a pm

Will do.

I love your stuff mando its stunning :peace

Thanks, CB! :duff

Now for something complely different. :D

It's no secret that Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie even though I'm not as big a SW fan as I used to be. Definitely anxious to see what SSC has in store for the film's 30th anni. Embarassingly I've yet to pick up Lando and Piett just doesn't look like Piett to me. I'd rather have veers anyway. Anyway, I decided to have a go at customizing my Bespin Luke. I think really I was itching to do some weathering.:lol

prometheus body with Indy hands
head repainted
jacket weathered and sleeves taken in
pants weathered
boots repainted and weathered
belt extended

ESBLuke.jpg

ESBLuke2.jpg

I think the clothes hang pretty well on the Pro, given I padded the legs a little (particularly in the back). Tempted to see what Jedi Luke looks like on one now.

Thanks for the wip pics Mando.
Luke looks great!

Thanks guys! :duff

A little more work on Wild Weasle. Still not very far along but I think you can see a little more where it's going. Pulling that top part off above his visor, hence it's cracked. :eek:

WWwip.jpg

* that boot isn't his

Rambo.jpg

Made this a while ago when the M-65 jacket version came out. The head is modified from that figure. The rest is just the original First Blood version. Weathered pants and boots and restitched the shirt so the seams were underneath it. Admittedly the 5 o'clock shadow is a bit heavy.

Looks good.

I was watching the movie again not too long ago, and in the scene where he is gathering the poncho stuff, you can clearly see the seams sticking out the sides of his shirt, so the HT version was acurate, at least for that scene. He may just had the shirt inside out.

Now for something complely different. :D

It's no secret that Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie even though I'm not as big a SW fan as I used to be. Definitely anxious to see what SSC has in store for the film's 30th anni. Embarassingly I've yet to pick up Lando and Piett just doesn't look like Piett to me. I'd rather have veers anyway. Anyway, I decided to have a go at customizing my Bespin Luke. I think really I was itching to do some weathering.:lol

prometheus body with Indy hands
head repainted
jacket weathered and sleeves taken in
pants weathered
boots repainted and weathered
belt extended

ESBLuke.jpg

ESBLuke2.jpg

I think the clothes hang pretty well on the Pro, given I padded the legs a little (particularly in the back). Tempted to see what Jedi Luke looks like on one now.

Best Bespin Luke repaint and outfit!!

Back