Mars Toys 1/6 Penguin (Burgess Meredith)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid and my mom was in the kitchen baking something tasty, I used to get so impatient.I asked for an update every 5 minutes. Eventually, my mom would say do you want it NOW?

sub-buzz-16842-1475779324-6-2106296178.jpeg

I’m going to take a wild guess that Mars has broken off into yet another company, Pushy Point Toys. They just solicited a 1/12 Riddler that looks identical to their Conundrum Man released under the “Six Feet Lane” name.

47FCB84B-19E5-4CF5-A139-728BF893754C.jpeg

340E9A40-E1BD-4132-AD01-E2D5C35E654E.jpeg

Even the wrinkles in his mask are the same - it’s the same sculpt, done the same way with clear plastic covering his hair.

This is Six Feet Lane/Mars’ Conundrum Man:

121F6648-AE90-494A-BB3A-3B79A80F5020.jpeg

There’s no update, sorry for the bump.

Does anyone know if folks like Breda still have an “in” with Mars Toys and would be able to ask what the hell is going on? Are they still dealing with their factory issues from a while ago?

They’re too busy dodging all the cease and desist warnings from the IP holders to actually get anything produced.

Going to be two years next month since this was shown (see first post).

Are they still waiting for Gorshin release?

That’s the only thing I can think of. They waited for Carrey Riddler to drop before soliciting Two-Face, it could be the same thing here… Gorshin is estimated to release soon (who knows) and Mars briefly posted a fully edited preorder photo of Burgess Meredith Penguin on their Instagram, titling him “Captain Villain”.

They’ve also shown mass produced Gus and ‘22 Penguin heads, so those might be soon too. I dunno. I really hope we get at least Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face and ‘66 Penguin before Mars splits town - I’d rather not pay $500 for “Ultimate” JazzInc versions.

Man, the timeline on completing just the four main rogues has to be a decade or more at this point. Two years since this was teased and still no preorder. As much as I want Newmar catwoman, I can't imagine it'll ever see the light of day. Hoping this actually gets produced at all, as the Riddler and Joker without this wouldn't look nearly as good... Come on Mars (or whatever your name is now!)

And then there’s this which was suppose to ship well over a year ago. The hope of them making Batman’s let alone ever getting Joker’s is pretty much gone.

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 0
Mars seems to hop from figure to figure and priority seems to be always go to what the latest one they are fixated on is. Right now, I think it's Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face. I have the Gorshin Riddler set and Forever Two-Face both on pre-order, and I can't wait to pre-order this Penguin, so I hope we get updates on all three soon.

They seem to be prioritizing the figures for which there is some competition. We just need some other company to announce a Penguin ‘66 and that preorder will go up real quick

I don't know. It seems like Mars might have given up on Catwoman after the Jazzinc announcement. And, frankly, I'm kind of okay with that if it means Mars can move on and cover new ground. It will be EXCITING to one day finally have all the 1966-1997 stuff lined up together.

And then there’s this which was suppose to ship well over a year ago. The hope of them making Batman’s let alone ever getting Joker’s is pretty much gone.
Yeah, I'm happy they executed with Joker, but am not putting much stock in them going forward. Shame they haven't been able to keep up with their planned releases. Seems like they should have set more reasonable expectations of themselves and not put up pre-orders for so many different figures.

Back