Mars Toys 1/6 Penguin (Burgess Meredith)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm happy they executed with Joker, but am not putting much stock in them going forward. Shame they haven't been able to keep up with their planned releases. Seems like they should have set more reasonable expectations of themselves and not put up pre-orders for so many different figures.

I agree. I’m continually grateful for such a high quality figure of the 66 Joker, a grail for me if there ever was one, however I’ve lost faith in them as a company that can consistently deliver. They seem to be too small to have so many irons in the fire.

Fingers crossed that, if ‘66 Riddler doesn’t release before the end of the year, and “Captain Villain” doesn’t go up for preorder, we get an announcement from JazzInc that they’ll make the rest of the ‘66 villains.

Which hurts a bit, because the prototype for Mars’ Penguin is insanely perfect. It’ll be almost impossible to top it - that’s not a slight against JazzInc, but a testament to how amazing of a job Mars did on the prototype.

I don't know. It seems like Mars might have given up on Catwoman after the Jazzinc announcement. And, frankly, I'm kind of okay with that if it means Mars can move on and cover new ground. It will be EXCITING to one day finally have all the 1966-1997 stuff lined up together.
I still hope Mars delivers on the Catwomen 3-pack from the Batman 66 era.

Need that Julie Newmar.

I'm fine with it taking a long time if the final product is up to standard. Their stuff has been great so far, and it can't be easy to maintain QC.

I don’t mind waiting either but the delays allow other figure companies to step in and steal Mars/Saturn’s thunder.

Jazz has an early licensed Pfeiffer Catwoman proto almost up for PO but IIRC, Mars only revealed some headsculpt 3D renderings about a year ago - still hope we get to see what Mars has to offer, nice to have options.

From what I understand, Mars/Saturn is a very small small operation so it’s not surprising there are production delays.

But Mars has delivered on some great figures (Romero Joker, Gough Alfred, Keaton Wayne tux). And what other company is offering something obscure like BBTF Biff (in 3 outfits)? Or a dream project like Willy Wonka? I take that back - Molecule 8 solicited a 1/6 Wonka. :rotfl

Back