Mars Toys 1/6 scale 1989 Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that, but I also think itā€™s dangerous to suggest figures to Mars that only a handful of collectors would care about.

Iā€™d hate to see Mars fall into debt even further (after likely losing a ton on their factory fiasco) then even more figures end up in the Mars void until they can ā€œfundā€ them with preorder deposits for new figures, because they wasted money developing a figure of Knox from Batman 1989.

Thatā€™s what I feel is happening, anyway. They canā€™t even finish the Jokerā€™s surfboard.

They had a massive success with Romero Joker, then overproduced him + the variants nobody wanted. They had a success with Alfred, mob Nicholson, and Keaton Wayne, then likely overproduced their reissues. Then Mars said they wonā€™t do reissues anymore, so they probably didnā€™t pay off.

All the renders they show now are probably just to gauge interest. Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s zero chance figures like 1966 Mad Hatter ever make it to preorder.

Last edited:
Got a bit excited with the bump. Thought maybe there was an announcement.

Same here, it's been months so I thought it was a preview or a PO announcement. :cry:

At least Hot Toys has satiated us with Vicki Vale's white heel shoe (1). :lol

Back