Marvel's WHAT IF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irrespective of their relationship with the actress, Marvel made the character a core element to the prior movies. As such, I hope they don't go out of their way to whitewash that moving forward. For Clint to not reference and acknowledge her in the Hawkeye show, for example, would seem very odd.
100% agree. She's an OG Avenger and in particular her relationship with Hawkeye is/was too strong to ignore. They also tied Yelena and Clint together at the end of Black Widow, so there's something there to see through.

You can see who the actors are to think this is beneath them and who don't mind continually contributing.

Do you guys like new Eraserhead Ock better than the old one?
Actually the new eraserhead Ock represents his goofy hair style from the comics better than his flowing 90’s look but that’s just me.

Neither are exact but eraserhead wins by default for being goofier lol

Some of them also might just have been busy though.
To get this much talent on this show proves that you can make time for a small amount of lines. Hemsworth, Renner, Boseman all have been busy on projects leading up to this show.

What a weird way to tell a "What if the Avengers died?" story ...

It wasn't even a 'What If?' story, the story this told is 'What if Hank Pym went crazy?'

They should've re-interpreted the story of The Avengers movie, not re-telling the Thor and Hulk movies. The first two episodes were decent, they addressed the premise of the question.. This one didn't even answer the 'What If?"' Like, okay what happens when Loki attacks New York? Well, Captains America and Marvel form the New Avengers. Okay, show me that, don't show me the Avengers being murdered.

What a weird way to tell a "What if the Avengers died?" story ...

It wasn't even a 'What If?' story, the story this told is 'What if Hank Pym went crazy?'

They should've re-interpreted the story of The Avengers movie, not re-telling the Thor and Hulk movies. The first two episodes were decent, they addressed the premise of the question.. This one didn't even answer the 'What If?"' Like, okay what happens when Loki attacks New York? Well, Captains America and Marvel form the New Avengers. Okay, show me that, don't show me the Avengers being murdered.
I don't know... I think this last episode fit the "What If" motif well too. You say so here too:

the story this told is 'What if Hank Pym went crazy?'

Which showed a pretty good escalation of events. The Avengers never form, Thor never gets to expose Loki's plot and he goes on to rule Asgard and Midgard. It leaves the future open though with Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers.

I don't know... I think this last episode fit the "What If" motif well too. You say so here too:

Which showed a pretty good escalation of events. The Avengers never form, Thor never gets to expose Loki's plot and he goes on to rule Asgard and Midgard. It leaves the future open though with Steve Rogers and Carol Danvers.

But the episode title is "What If... The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes?" it didn't show what happens if they were 'lost', it showed 'losing' them. It was a 25-minute murder mystery, it didn't explore what happens to the world if the Avengers never formed. That's the scenario that the question is asking.

The better story would've been if Loki didn't kill Coulson, then what happens? Since he was the impetus for the Avengers forming. That seems a more appropriate question, instead of 'what happens if we kill the Avengers' which seem unnecessarily dark.

It did end up showing what happens if the Avengers didn't form though. Granted, it spent more time showing how they die, but I am ok with that. It could be better yes, but for me, this one was ok.

So the small changes so far were:

Peggy stays on the lab floor during the experiment.
T'Challa ventures out and gets picked up by the Ravagers instead of Peter.
Hope joins shield rather than stay to work under her father.

So far for me the first one was a swing and a miss (then again, I was never a fan of the first CA movie). Second one is teetering over between good or bad, and is mostly being held-up maybe by the performance of Boseman there. The third one was mostly ok. :D I think SLJ and Clark's performance here lifted the episode up for me.

Back