Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dad actually made a paper mache castle for one of my birthdays. It was probably 3-4 feet tall and looking exactly like the toy. It had an open drawbridge so we could crawl through the mouth. I gotta have a picture of that somewhere.

I don't remember when I actually got my toy castle though. Such an impressive toy then and now.

It's like Grayskull Christmas all over again. Does anybody in this thread NOT have a Grayskull Xmas memory from back in '84???

I just said that exact same thing a few pages ago.

I certainly am so why on earth have you opened yours?

Btw the chains can be attached to the thingy in the wall near the door.

Gotta disagree....a Vintage Castle MIB runs between $300-600

So a BIGGER playset,better details and play features is a much better deal..Motu Classics Grayskull was basically the price of one 1/6 Hot Toys figure

So,I'd say it really is not that bad of a price for what you get..an EPIC playset at that (not to mention the memories that come with it)

Not really fair comparing secondary market prices of a 30 year old toy compared to the retail cost of one recently released.

The original Castle retailed for $30. The 2002 version retailed for $60. I have a hard time believing that this somehow costs $190 (assuming you pre ordered) more than the last retail version of Grayskull (which had electronics too).

Yes it has more mass, yes there is the rising cost of plastic, but even with those factors considered, I would hardly call $300 + shipping a fair price for this. I totally understand why people would be turned off by the cost of it. The reality is, since Mattel owns the property, controls the production and distributes the product themselves, they can charge whatever they want for it, there is no other game in town selling it for less.

Regardless of cost, I am happy with it and super excited that I am getting one. It turned out great. This is what my Grayskull looked like to me as a kid lol.

BA8B30B5-BF2B-4577-886A-148360361544-154-000000054990B7E7.jpg

It's like Grayskull Christmas all over again. Does anybody in this thread NOT have a Grayskull Xmas memory from back in '84???

I don't. I was only two. Never had the castle. My neibhor did when i was older i got to play with it though :D

Anyone else considering getting this, and building a special table display, and putting this under it as the "greyskull sewers/dungeons"?

Nickelodeon-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Secret-Sewer-Lair-Playset-Toy-By-Playmates-TMNT.jpg

I was looking through my parents photo albums looking for my Grayskull Christmas photos, but this is the only one I could find.

This is my first castle. Loving it so far.

The only MOTU toys I had as a kid were He-man, Skeletor and Beastman. They weren't being sold at any stores near me so I had to order them out of the Sears Wishbook and pick them up.

I don't. I was only two. Never had the castle. My neibhor did when i was older i got to play with it though :D

Anyone else considering getting this, and building a special table display, and putting this under it as the "greyskull sewers/dungeons"?

Nickelodeon-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Secret-Sewer-Lair-Playset-Toy-By-Playmates-TMNT.jpg

That is a pretty cool idea.

I have the new TMNT playset and it is pretty awesome as is. It's huge too.

Castle Grayskull wouldn't have plumbing. Its toilets work by magic.

That TMNT play set is cool, though. It's up there with the eighties stuff - really rare to see something like that at retail these days!

Last edited:
Assuming your's shipped and you're happy

I was happy when it seemed as if my order had shipped. But even though there was a tracking number, it was invalid and the castle has not arrived. After 8 business days it would seem that either DR screwed up the shipping or Fedex lost it. More likely the former, because when I called DR they could not find a valid tracking number for my shipment.

Trying to decide if I should put in a new order this morning at mattycollector.

Last edited:
Cancelled my castle preorder after sdcc and just went to see how much shipping to the UK is now, $153.60!! Was only looking out of curiosity but cant believe shipping costs have gone up threefold in 1 year :horror

Think I'm gonna sell off the rest of my MOTUC stuff. Skeletor, Spikor, Sir Laser Lot and possibly Draego Man. Keeping Merman though, because he is hilarious.

Back