Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another strike against the 2015 sub happening

Apparently shipping costs are higher for 2014 (not exactly sure how much,but it looks like a $1-2 increase).It should NOT cost $42 total to have a figure shipped within the USA.With the 2015 Sub price increase (from $25 to $27-30) how do they think or expect '15 to go through?

There really isn't anyone left to call heavy hitters to push the line through....so I really hope Toyguru does not pack the end '14 with easy-to-do D-list characters.I personally would pack out Tung Lashor,Rio Blast,Ninjor,and Dragstor just in case '15 does not go through (which I think won't)

I'm sure we'll get the heavy hitters in one way or another, even if 2015 sub doesn't happen… TG even said so, like convention exclusives or something of that sort...

only what is revealed at SDCC they will do..they are not going to pay the four horseman to sculpt figures if there is no full 2015 sub.Toyguru already made that clear during the '14 sub sale haulting anymore sculpting UNTIL the '14 sub was going through for certain.plus the promise of getting all A-list lineups wasn't and isn't true (see the '14 lineup so far-example Flutterina)

only what is revealed at SDCC they will do..they are not going to pay the four horseman to sculpt figures if there is no full 2015 sub.Toyguru already made that clear during the '14 sub sale haulting anymore sculpting UNTIL the '14 sub was going through for certain.plus the promise of getting all A-list lineups wasn't and isn't true (see the '14 lineup so far-example Flutterina)

Yeah, and now with the way Blade came out I really don't think they can say that increasing the price will insure quality and paint apps. How do they sell Blade, a character known for his swords with hardly any paint apps to his swords? It's baffling! I really am about done with Mattel and this line.

Yeah, and now with the way Blade came out I really don't think they can say that increasing the price will insure quality and paint apps. How do they sell Blade, a character known for his swords with hardly any paint apps to his swords? It's baffling! I really am about done with Mattel and this line.

yeah,I saw that...they really cheapened out on the swords....but hey,they have the '14 Subs sold so they can stop caring until the 2015 sub push happens in june/july

No kidding about Blade, not my favorite character by a long shot, but it sucks that we get so much detail on the figure and crappy swords… I mean… look a this:

motuc-blade01.jpg
:dunno

Blade looks great,but those Swords...:mad: but it doesn't matter,we bought the Sub,Quality can go down until the next sub push

I signed up for the sub (quarterly). Is matty going to charge me at the end of each quarter? I thought cards would be charged on the 10th of this month but I haven't been charged yet and my subscription page is still empty. Is this normal?

It's my first time to sub so Matty don't screw this up please! :pray:

I'm a first time subscriber and I got the quarterly sub too . We get charged at the end of the quarter a few days before they ship.

I'm also scared they might have teething problems with the Q subs. Keep remembering a comment Teemu made about how they could underproduce as they did with Fisto :eek:

I'm a first time subscriber and I got the quarterly sub too . We get charged at the end of the quarter a few days before they ship.

I'm also scared they might have teething problems with the Q subs. Keep remembering a comment Teemu made about how they could underproduce as they did with Fisto :eek:

They messed up the quarterly thing when they tried that when introducing the first Sub (mini) back in 2009....hopefully DR is much more organized this time,but I would never trust Matty to not botched up something.They have to put aside figures each month for customers to ship out each quarter.And yes,don't forget Sub holders that got jipped Fisto,imagine getting jipped Two Bad? :horror

Blade looks great,but those Swords...:mad: but it doesn't matter,we bought the Sub,Quality can go down until the next sub push

It has never occurred to me that they always put out the most "impressive" stuff at the start and end of the year and usually the stuff at the start of the year sees a notable drop in quality between prototype and production while the stuff at the end up the year looks really good. The quality thing might be some sort of factory issue as in the factories are busier at the beginning of the year (though it makes more sense they'd be busier towards the end because of x-mas) but the putting the big attention grabbing figures at the beginning and and of the year is a super obvious sub-selling technique.

Nothing really wrong with that I guess, as a consumer it's just good to be aware of it. I'd guess most of the figures a lot of collectors consider "filler" come out in that middle six-eight months.

eh… maybe not. I just looked at the lists from ItsAllTrue and it seems more random than anything. Maybe a few popular picks early and late in the year but just as many weird unpopular choices at the beginning and the start and just as many big characters in the middle of the year.

Jan-Mar
- Adora
- Battle Armor He-Man
- Battle Cat
- Moss Man

Apr-Sep
- Evil-Lyn
- Optikk
- Tytus
- She-Ra
- Keldor
- Count Marzo
- Orko and Adama
- Whiplash
- Chief Carnivus
- Gygor

Oct-Dec
- Roboto
- Grizzlor
- Buzz-Off

Jan-Mar
- Vikor
- Palace Guards
- Bow
- Shadow Beast
- Preternia Disguise He-Man
- King-Hsss
- Battle Armor Skeletor

Apr-Sep
- Sy-Klone
- Panthor
- Catra
- Faceless One
- Battleground Teela
- Clawful
- Marlena
- Man-E-Faces
- Megator
- Hurricane Hordak

Oct-Dec
- Icarius
- Snout Spout
- Swift Wind
- Buttle Power She-Ra
- Demo-Man
- Battleground Evil-Lyn
- Wind Raider

Jan-Mar
- Star Sisters
- Sorceress
- Fisto
- Fearless Photog
- Shadow Weaver
- Kobra Kahn

Apr-Sep
- Draego-Man
- Stinkor
- Slushhead
- Mighty Spector
- Horde Prime
- Snake Man-At-Arms
- Griffin
- Spikor
- Vykron
- Sir Lasor Lot
- Mekaneck
- Dragon Blaster Skeletor
- Snake Men

Oct-Dec
- Frosta
- Rattlor
- Cy-Chop
- Dekker
- Castle Greyskull Man
- Mosquitor
- Procrustus
- Granamyr

Jan-Mar
- Netossa
- Jitsu
- Ram Man
- Fang Man
- King He-Man
- Strobo

Apr-Sep
- Snake Face
- Karatti
- Fighting Foe Men
- Octavia
- Clamp Champ
- He-Man (NA)
- Icer
- Stondar and Rokkon
- Castaspella
- Shokoti
- Batros
- Sky High and Jet Sled

Oct-Dec
- Mantenna
- Lord Dactys
- Nephtu
- Horde Troopers

Well, the weird thing is that some of the items for later in the year get produced BEFORE the earlier ones some times… Their release order might not be the same as the production order for some weird reason.

Yeah I have noticed that you'll see production samples sometimes for things that are months away from release long before you see them for figures closer to release.

Two-Bad just arrived!!
Wow!! What an amazing figure!! My only nitpick is that the shield looks quite the different shade of orange than the armor
Other than that, great figure

1951d006-f4bc-41ae-80ac-88cde56af2ae_zps59387e3f.jpg

P1113363_zpsd0af73d4.jpg

P1113362_zps5b9e28a9.jpg

P1113357_zps70a4cc3d.jpg

3e0e51b3-46fe-4ca5-9a6b-897164eb483f_zpsa40f2ed2.jpg

f4f97c53-266c-4f51-98e2-eb52e0cf475d_zpsbaa99be8.jpg

7aa55fae-b87d-4837-9110-c62ee0c8fdee_zpsda1b3dbe.jpg

It's great to finally see the whole gang together!!

47dd047a-d633-4ea7-ab81-b41655e4fb26_zps0867968c.jpg

two-bad is awesome...Kuzeh,that last pic basically says "Line is complete and will be over soon"

did yours ship Fedex? or crapgistics?

Yep FedEx…Honestly, any additional figures after Two-Bad and Modulok are C and D-listers in my book…

Here's what's left…

The Masters/Heroic Warriors
Rio Blast
Rotar
Gwildor

Evil Warriors
Ninjor
Twistoid
Saurod
Blast Attak

The Evil Horde
Dragstor
Multi-Bot

The Snake Men
Tung Lashor
Sssqueeze

Except from Rio Blast, Ninjor, Lashor and Squeeze… I don't need any of the remaining guys tbh...

Back