Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff The Skull!

The giants are a great idea (ahem) but I am personally dissapointed with the final products so far as they are not identical to the originals like the way the Star Wars ones are.

The head on He-Man being the biggest gaff. If Beastman's armor is pink like the sample we got for the UK Con, I will freak.

Good stuff The Skull!

The giants are a great idea (ahem) but I am personally dissapointed with the final products so far as they are not identical to the originals like the way the Star Wars ones are.

The head on He-Man being the biggest gaff. If Beastman's armor is pink like the sample we got for the UK Con, I will freak.

Please, just call me Skull:lol

I haven't opened him yet but I have heard people complaining about the He-man head sculpt, Looks awesome in package but I'm going to crack him open and review him later tonight. I plan to get Skeletor next, that should represent the Line perfectly for me.

The head is off, but the colors too. By off I mean non-standard. It's based on the Commemorative version, which seems to have been based on the Mexico version, which had those kind of purple-maroon boots, mustard-colored belt and bright yellow hair. They should have based it off of the original Taiwan release, IMO.

The giant series is a giant missed opportunity from the figures themselves to the must destroy to open packaging.

I had no idea how far removed the head sculpt was from the original until I went and looked at pics. It's almost like they tried to make the head look like the cartoon design for some reason. Other than being a square jawed guy with blond hair there's not a lot of resemblance.

I guess it's just classic Mattel not having any attention for detail.

I had no idea how far removed the head sculpt was from the original until I went and looked at pics. It's almost like they tried to make the head look like the cartoon design for some reason. Other than being a square jawed guy with blond hair there's not a lot of resemblance.

I guess it's just classic Mattel not having any attention for detail.

I can see that they took certain liberties with the head sculpt for sure, wonder if that's to protect the actual vintage figure, not sure if that's the case especially at this scale but who knows.

Here's part 1 of my review: packaging, I'll try and get part 2 done soon:)

As far as the giant figures I think it's fairly dumb idea... might be cheaper to get the vintage original ones...
I got Skelly because he's my favorite MOTU figure... but other than that... I'd rather get the minis

As far as the giant figures I think it's fairly dumb idea... might be cheaper to get the vintage original ones...
I got Skelly because he's my favorite MOTU figure... but other than that... I'd rather get the minis

Your likely right about the price compared to the vintage but different strokes for different folks, I love the giant figures, I find they have better display presents than small figures. I plan to have this He-man and a Skeletor on a shelf, for me that's a perfect represention of the series as compared to a multitude of small figures, To each there own:)

I wonder if they will ever blow up the classics figures to the 12" size, that could be cool with all there articulation.

I can see that they took certain liberties with the head sculpt for sure, wonder if that's to protect the actual vintage figure, not sure if that's the case especially at this scale but who knows.

Here's part 1 of my review: packaging, I'll try and get part 2 done soon:)

Looks great Pete :) So when is Skeletor showing up?

Are these the last figures for the quarterly sub for 2014?

BHG36S $25 - Eldor
BHG37S $25 - Tung Lashor
BHG38S $25 - Gwildor
BHG49S $38 - Arrow
BHG54S $35 - Mermista

Are these the last figures for the quarterly sub for 2014?

BHG36S $25 - Eldor
BHG37S $25 - Tung Lashor
BHG38S $25 - Gwildor
BHG49S $38 - Arrow
BHG54S $35 - Mermista

I don't know about the product codes as I have not received mine yet, but those are indeed the correct figures.

Back