Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Conan

100_6913.JPG100_6912.JPG100_6915.JPG

oh wow that conan is so great!!!! :clap

wants! did you buy it complete like that or bash it from parts? noobish questions i know....

oh wow that conan is so great!!!! :clap

wants! did you buy it complete like that or bash it from parts? noobish questions i know....

The head,Sword and necklace came from Jim Pansen creations....Vikor Buck and myself did a little cutting and painting the on wrist bands...like always,pics never do things justice

Here is "Barbarian Warrior" (custom Head Zombihamma) Grayskull buck,Demo-man parts and custom Fur cape and some painting myself

100_6919.JPG100_6918.JPG

Hot Toys of the original MOTU movie would be hella sick. If nothing else, the costumes were gorgeous.

Totally agree. I liked the movie. Not perfect by any stretch, but still cool. I'd buy the figures. And there's a fair bit of tooling reuse hot toys could get out of a dolph sculpt. (For other movies he was in) I liked the costumes a lot. From he-man to blade to krag to Gold God Skeletor. Very cool visually.

The second Conan looks great I think.

Got my Matty parcels in today so Battle Ram is finally here as is Tongue Lashor, Arrow and Giant Stratos.

I could've lived without Arrow to be honest and ya gotta love his title of being a 'Blue horse' but is actually pink. :)

3760b4da990a7f5037392c762fb63c48.jpg

I will do, (pink) Beast Man is not here yet. I tend to buy everything MOTU related but even I am feeling a bit stung for money. To get this lot I had to pay £52 ($90) in import fees.

I was hoping for the PCS Beast Man statue exclusive too but not here yet. Especially excited for that one as it was actually I who posed for it. :)

Arrow was such a big waste of money... not worth it...
I also wish somebody would tackle a custom head for the Giant He-Man!
:pray:

Aye, a proper looking head would be welcome.

What head would you guys like? I can give it a go.

Here's my skeletor I'm working on along with my sorceress. I did a he-man a while back. But it looks a lot like the PCS statue so im not sure anyone would care to see it. I am working on the skeletor throne too. Doing the traditional filmation bone throne I've seen done a few times. Doing a concert base though. I may use a real hide for the blanket/cushion on the throne. Not sure if that would look better then a sculpted one or not.

My Sorceress I'm not sure exactly which way to go with the lips. The toy has these red lips but I don't like that as much....any tips?

image.jpg

That Skeletor is looking good. Teeth are a little large and you could probably widen his hood more too to give it some weight.

As for Sorceress, I would go for pale pink lips on her.

The head we are all needing is an exact replica of the original vintage He-Man for the giants as Mattel seemed to just enlarge the head from the 2001 Commemorative figure which was not accurate.

That Skeletor is looking good. Teeth are a little large and you could probably widen his hood more too to give it some weight.

As for Sorceress, I would go for pale pink lips on her.

The head we are all needing is an exact replica of the original vintage He-Man for the giants as Mattel seemed to just enlarge the head from the 2001 Commemorative figure which was not accurate.

Thanks for the tips!

I'll see what I can do with the head. I'll try 3d scanning it and see if I enlarge it to the right scale and print it if that will work. If not I'll sculpt one, see if that turns out.

I do a lot of toy based work and design some statues (PCS, ARH Studios) on occasion so feel free to hit me if you ever need to. :)

Can you edit the 3D scan? I think the head on the currant giant is 3D scanned from the 2001 commeorative figure which was pentographed badly from the vintage toy head.

The shape of the head and the expression seem totally different as well. I could tell it didn't look right without even looking at the original head.

A little something I cooked up over the holidays and especially from all reports we are in good hands with director Jeff Wadlow. Hope you guys dig it! :)

MOTU-Teaser-Poster.jpg

I do a lot of toy based work and design some statues (PCS, ARH Studios) on occasion so feel free to hit me if you ever need to. :)

Can you edit the 3D scan? I think the head on the currant giant is 3D scanned from the 2001 commeorative figure which was pentographed badly from the vintage toy head.

Thanks for the offer. I too have experience in the same field. I have not done a lot of retail statues...do some commission work now and again but mostly I do prop and set and makeup and costume stuff these days. But I've done my fair share of prototypes and mock ups recently as well. As well as some figure work but it's been a bit for most that stuff. My biggest issue is I am a very very very (did I mention very) slow sculptor. At least compared to your average commercial sculpter. So I don't like to take commercial retail work much because I've never been good at deadlines. Lol and I've been more or less retired for awhile so now most of what I do is for me. But my family has a studio/prop house and I've got some friends in the industry that ask for things from time to time..and if there's a project I'm really interested in I'll try to get on it. Doesn't always work. lol the missing deadlines don't help. Lol

Anyway, just wanted to give some background. I can change the sculpt in 3d. I'm not the best with computer sculpting stuff. Though I've been working with zbrush a lot lately. Got this wicked new interface tool to play with and it's pretty cool. I did a couple iron man helmets that turned out alright. I have a few loose vintage figures, which head specifically would you like? There's some slight variations because of the materials and whatnot. I can try a few heads out I think. I got a new scanning system. Well I built a new scanning system. But I've been looking at picking one up but I need to see them work before I do that. The one I built is pretty good this far. It uses a couple Xbox connect things. Say a demonstration at some con awhile back and found the plans online. I recommend it to anyone that's looking for a cool cheap 3d scanner.

I have heard good things about makerbots scanner too. It's 500 dollar range I think.

Sorry for the tangent. Lol I ramble. Let me know if there's a head preferred (8 back or 12 back or flying fist ect) and I'll see what I can do. And I can send the digital file along if you want to see it and play with it. Then I can print it out.

The vintage head posted about buy Kuzeh is the one you want to be scanning. It's the soft head original 8 back vintage Original He-Man.

I don't sculpt. I just draw stuff for sculptors and give directions. ;)

Oh and thanks illproxy! :) It's gotten a lot of attention that poster...which is nice.

Back