Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the fiasco that was preview night last year, and then for them to just be available through online ordering to general public, I'm not sure if I'm willing to waster a preview night standing in line. May just get Mattel exclsuives online.

Between Twilight and Matty it was a double dose of a ____ sandwich.

I've got a headache from the last few pages....

For why Ski-Mun? :confused:

I'd like to have the solid color one and color change. It seems as though I'll be Gleeked again by Matty this year.

SDCC version is easy Pass....who wants to dip their orko figures in water? a little child perhaps

The Matty version will be the most desired version

SDCC version is easy Pass....who wants to dip their orko figures in water? a little child perhaps

duh, haven't you heard of bathtub battles? :lol

Mossman makes an excellent soap substitute as well. He scrubs the dirt away and leave you smelling piney fresh.

Last edited:

Same here, who wants to dip their Orko in water? Is everyone going to keep a bowl of hot water setting around? What does Orko have to do with water anyway?

And Adam hidden in the bottom of the package? I know that's where Matty places most of the figure's accessories, but come on. That's a little overboard; Adams an entire figure.

so no Adam Bio? and i assume Adam will be lying in the package. seriously. what is up with that?

Yeah that bothered me too, however if they ever consider
releasing a 200X teenage Adam, then the bio would be pretty
much covered, not to mention he also has a He-Man bio, so
giving retro Adam a bio would pretty much be redundant.

Same here, who wants to dip their Orko in water? Is everyone going to keep a bowl of hot water setting around? What does Orko have to do with water anyway?

And Adam hidden in the bottom of the package? I know that's where Matty places most of the figure's accessories, but come on. That's a little overboard; Adams an entire figure.

Well the exclusive makes sense. It has a nice magic gimmick that makes it different
from the standard release, so no one really misses out. Also its rather humorous that
Adam is made the accessory considering its clearly a play on how lazy Adam typically
was depicted on the toon, usually sleeping. I don't think its nothing to fret over.

Writers Hired For 'Masters of the Universe'
April 12, 2010 |By: Bryan Enk
By the Power of Grayskull ... He-Man is on his way!

Heat Vision brings news that Michael Finch and Alex Litvak have signed on to write 'Masters of the Universe' for Columbia Pictures. The project was originally set up at Warner Bros. but was scrapped when the studio and toy company Mattel couldn't agree on a mutual creative vision.

'Masters of the Universe' is based on a popular '80s toy line and animated series, 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.' The story centers around a blonde prince with the ability to transform himself into a powerful warrior and defend his kingdom of Eternia from the evil Skeletor. The property was previously adapted into a live-action film in 1987 starring Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella as He-Man and Skeletor, respectively.

Michael Finch and Alex Litvak wrote the Robert Rodriguez-produced 'Predators,' due in theaters July 9. They also made quite an impression on the spec market last year with their 'Medieval' script, a kind of 'Dirty Dozen' set in the age of castles, which sold to New Regency.

No director or cast has been announced for 'Masters of the Universe.'

FTW!!! :viking
Umm, on second thought, maybe I oughta hold judgment 'till Predators comes out first, huh? :huh

I'm going to go out on a limb here and saying that Mattel will not be making a 200X/MYP Adam or Orko now that they have announced the SDCC set. Fact of the matter is that these will probably be the representations of the characters in the Classics line up. I really can't see them making a younger "teen" Adam especially since they will need all new tooling for one character, I can't think who else could use that smaller body type. :confused:
I recall Mattel saying we may get a couple of different versions of these characters and technically we have; Adam comes with the 2 different headsculpts; Orko comes in the translucent colour-changing plastic and normal forms. That means two possible presentations for each character.

Back