Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heaven forbid people use to their right to speak their minds and opinions on things....thats why the Org truely sucks and I wont give that Val Staples deuche a dime!!

Scott mentioned a line had been crossed regarding the lack of participation between Matty and the .org and I really think it has to do with their forum policy. Most likely the pay to post with a free email rule.

Meh, it was removed but I think Im still allowed to post. Either way, hit up TRU tonight and got the DCUC/He-Man two packs. Kinda digging He-Man.

I really need to go to my TRU, I see a bunch of ppl online picking these up easily.

I don't have these sets.

Toyguru on King greyskull (sounds like this is gonna be a sweet figure)

We've confirmed a few times that yes Grayskull will be back as a non subscription figure in Q4 2010. This was kinda our last shot since in 2011 all the figures will be in the subscription and we didn't want to release him in 2011 as part of the sub when some fans already have him.

This way by releasing him as the last non sub figure in 2010 it leaves fans open to choose whether or not they want him.

We did plus him up with an improved deco, some extra little surprises, and slightly different accessories including one all new accessory that is way cool.

Scott

A lot of you are totally and utterly clueless about how He-man.org works and if folks wish to continue bad mouthing my good friends, then come see me.

Weren't folks saying that the Matty boards are great and you can speak freely. Well that hasn't happened has it. In fact, the cencoring is worse.

Sometime soon, I will be able to tell you guys the full story and believe me, you will be embarrased by your opinions as they stand now.

Don't appreciate calling Staples a ******. You don't know him personally. Folks who do, have big respect for him.
May I refer you to the Crossgen callapse. See what Staples did there when artist were not getting paid.
See the respect he gets from pros as appossed to a few petty indivduals who couldn't play by the clearly set out rules on a toy forum. Sad!!

Not syaing He-man.org is great or anything but be careful of where you direct your beefs and at least try to look beyond the obvious as all you guys are doing is dropping the IQ level something fierce around here.

They are my friends, I speak to them every day.
So a bit of respect here would be nice. If not for them, them for me.

Last edited:
Toyguru on King greyskull (sounds like this is gonna be a sweet figure)

We've confirmed a few times that yes Grayskull will be back as a non subscription figure in Q4 2010. This was kinda our last shot since in 2011 all the figures will be in the subscription and we didn't want to release him in 2011 as part of the sub when some fans already have him.

This way by releasing him as the last non sub figure in 2010 it leaves fans open to choose whether or not they want him.

We did plus him up with an improved deco, some extra little surprises, and slightly different accessories including one all new accessory that is way cool.

Scott

Maybe the accessory is his Green Lion... :lol:rock!

I'm guessing it will be his tombstone...

A lot of you are totally and utterly clueless about how He-man.org and if folks wish to continue bad mouthing my good friends, then come see me.

Weren't folks saying that the Matty boards are great and you can speak freely. Well that hasn't happened has it. In fact, the cencoring is worse.

Sometime soon, I will be able to tell you guys the full story and believe me, you will be embarrased by your opinions as they stand now.

Don't appreciate calling Staples a ******. You don't know him personally. Folks who do, have big respect for him.
May I refer you to the Crossgen callapse. See what Staples did there when artist were not getting paid.
See the respect he gets from pros as appossed to a few petty indivduals who couldn't play by the clearly set out rules on a toy forum. Sad!!

Not syaing He-man.org is great or anything but be careful of where you direct your beefs and at least try to look beyond the obvious as all your guys are doing is dropping the IQ level something fierce around here.

sorry but he is to me....I spoke to him about joining the Org and he wanted a Payment from me to join! All because my Aol email wasnt good enough and that he couldnt trust that I PAY! for internet service.
He wanted me to prove that I had a true internet service! AOL (internet) is not FREE!! the whole Email issue is BS!! and if he wants more people to join,he should not expect people to pay for it! sorry bub,but that doesnt fly with me!

sorry but he is to me....I spoke to him about joining the Org and he wanted a Payment from me to join! All because my Aol email wasnt good enough and that he couldnt trust that I PAY! for internet service.
He wanted me to prove that I had a true internet service! AOL (internet) is not FREE!! the whole Email issue is BS!! and if he wants more people to join,he should not expect people to pay for it! sorry bub,but that doesnt fly with me

Well as this is clearly as bad as ****ing yer mom, then yeah, he's a complete ******!
Come on man, that's no reason to hate somebody.

Either your information is incorrect or you just didn't understand.

They don't want anyone to pay.
Paying as a donation is just a last resort in case you don't want to use a paid email service or you don't want to provide something to prove you pay for your service.
Just as requested, send the webmaster something that proves you pay for the AOL service and all will be fine.
They know AOL is not free but it was and there are still many poeple with free AOL accounts.
Hundreds of people already did that with no problem and they didn't have to pay a cent.
You have to solve this with the webmaster. This is the He-man.org policy , they do that to protect people from scammers and troll and 5000 + members have no problem with it.

Bit of a palava, yes but no reason to call a guy a ****** methinks! ;)

And again, let me remind you that a lot of you thought the Matty boards would be freer.
That has not happened at all. Quite the opposite. they censer more than .org.
I knew it wouldn't be and I told you guys it would be but you guys wouldn't have it. :duh

I dunno how many times I have to point things like this out before folks can be a bit fairer with their opinions about He-man.org.

Oh man, could I tell you some stories!

Well as this is clearly as bad as ****ing yer mom, then yeah, he's a complete ******!
Come on man, that's no reason to hate somebody.

Either your information is incorrect or you just didn't understand. They don't want anyone to pay.
Paying as a donation is just a last resort in case you don't want to use a paid email service or you don't want to provide something to prove you pay for your service.
Just as requested, send the webmaster something that proves you pay for the AOL service and all will be fine.
They know AOL is not free but it was and there are still many poeple with free AOL accounts.
Hundreds of people already did that with no problem and they didn't have to pay a cent.
You have to solve this with the webmaster. This is the He-man.org policy , they do that to protect people from scammers and troll and 5000 + members have no problem with it.

Bit of a palava, yes but no reason to call a guy a ****** methinks! ;)

And again, let me remind you that a lot of you thought the Matty boards would be freer.
That has not happened at all. Quite the opposite. they censer more than .org.
I knew it wouldn't be and I told you guys it would be but you guys wouldn't have it. :duh

I dunno how many times I have to point things like this out before folks can be a bit fairer with their opinions about He-man.org.

Oh man, could I tell you some stories!

I understood what the deal was....he wanted proof that I paid for service or he wanted a money donation.....I was never given an email from my service provider and after talking with him,I decided it wasnt worth the time to investigate how to get a proper email just to be able to post on the Org...I am sure ALOT of others didnt like how this went down(asking for money to be able to join) and probably is one of the reasons why Toyguru is abandoning the Org...I dont hate the guy,I just dont like the expectations of the site he demanded and acted like the Org was the only place to get MOTU information....:peace

Eamon,
here are my 2 cents...
I've been a member of the .org since 2004 and have visited the site since 2001...
I've seen things develop, and how things work.
I even made a donation and bought a bunch of stuff from the He-Store when Val was on the verge of bankruptcy due to the whole MVC fiasco.

Val's not a ******, but he sure does have a weird way of managing things and the site... as an artist, he is a bit arrogant, IMO. Requiring payment to join the .org due to free e-mail addresses is elitist and pretty lame IMO, it should be an option as a donation, not a requirement.

I wanted to meet him during WW in Chicago a few years back, but he spent most of his time @ his hotel room working. That was a big disappointment for some fans since the MVC table was empty for most of the time.
When I finally met him next year, he seemed a bit annoyed by fans request and would only talk to forum "Old-timers" and mods...
Emiliano was much nicer, actually he was the one who told me Val was too busy the year before.
What I'm saying is that, being such over-protective in regards to them 'keeping the flame alive", they are alienating new fans... and fans don't like it...

But, I think the main problem is the level of whining and the sense of self-entitlement the community has... Mattel screws up a lot, specially with the whole DR issues. But, that doesn't give the .org any more rights than other MOTU fans or sites. As much as they've done great things for the fandom, they DON'T represent ALL of us.

I'm sure on a personal level, he's a nice guy, but he can be a bit difficult at times.
Now, personally, I like the .org quite a bit, some great guys over there like Baena, Royalt1us, Godbeast, etc.
But it really annoys me the level of whining (or passion as they call it) about every single nut and bolt and how they screw up She-Ra... :lol

If you have any stories to share, please do!!
Maybe you know WHY the 4H don't post there anymore?

:peace!

Been a member of the org since 2001 (He-Lurker), and have visited well before that, so it's really interesting to see everyone's opinions.
But, I think the main problem is the level of whining and the sense of self-entitlement the community has... Mattel screws up a lot, specially with the whole DR issues. But, that doesn't give the .org any more rights than other MOTU fans or sites. As much as they've done great things for the fandom, they DON'T represent ALL of us.

This is one of the main reasons I don't post there very much anymore. It seems the majority of the posts are people complaining, saying they're "quitting the lien" etc... I can't stand it anymore. I'm just excited we have such a cool He-Man toy line to collect that is catered specifically to fans. It's all supposed to be for fun anyway! I've been there through the rise and fall of the 200x line, and while there was a lot of opinions about that, I never recall as much whining as there is now. It seems every post is a complaint.

Now, personally, I like the .org quite a bit, some great guys over there like Baena, Royalt1us, Godbeast, etc.
But it really annoys me the level of whining (or passion as they call it) about every single nut and bolt and how they screw up She-Ra... :lol

I still visit there daily since like you said, there are tons of cool people there, but I mostly stick to the Off Topic section. Seems like there is less 'drama' there haha!

Now, regarding their policies.... I have met Val a number of times at conventions, and he's always been super cool. Really nice guy! He has helped to keep the site alive for a long time, even dipping into his own pocket to pay the bills. Now, I can't speak for why they have the policies to join that they do, but it must be for a reason. The site has been around in one form or another for over 10 years, so whether you agree with how it is run or not, you can't say it's due to lack of experience.

A lot of you are totally and utterly clueless about how He-man.org works and if folks wish to continue bad mouthing my good friends, then come see me.

Not syaing He-man.org is great or anything but be careful of where you direct your beefs and at least try to look beyond the obvious as all you guys are doing is dropping the IQ level something fierce around here.

I don't know these ppl E, but if anyone messes with you, you tell them to come to me.

Bring dat ____ to me Jabo.

Back