Medicom Hannibal Lecter and Saw

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the final product they are going to ship looks like that, I will pass.
quid pro Quo Medicom...
Not even a repaint can save it I am afraid.

The more I see it the more terrible it looks... images are up on the order page.

But I warn you, they are not pretty:

4373_press02-001.jpg

It's not fantastic looking by any means, but certainly doesn't help that for whatever reason, it's painted almost devoid of eyebrows, any person looks weird with those gone.

You know when I saw the original pic that was posted a while back I went oh hell yeah I gotta get me one! But after seeing this pic..Oh my God who the hell desgned it! It's AWFUL!! :horror Unless they redo the entire head this will never end up on my shelves! :(

NECA 18" Hannibal figure for $44.99 at entertainment earth. now this is what i'm talking about!

hannibal.jpg

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC42046#LargeImage

Great piece I have it sitting on my desk at work. A few downs to the 18" version though. 1) The cart can't be leaned back on an angle like the 7" version, and 2) the voice recordings (which are Hopkins :) ) are motion activated, I'd have preferred button activation so it'd be easy to hear him when you felt like it. Other than that, the head is great, the detailing and weathering on the mask are awesome. I love all 3 NECA Hannibal pieces.

from Neca
don't know the scale, but it looks good

Damn, I was hoping it was a look at the Medicom unpainted. Based on it, it's either an as yet unrelease NECA or it's from the straight jacket figure, definitely not the face for the just killed the memphis guards figure.

Well, I think I'm pretty much on my own around here for still having Hannibal on order, but for anyone else interested, I contacted Sideshow as to whether or not he would have hands since he's in a straight jacket, so I'm keeping my order and hope to customize him into an imprisoned Hannibal, but maybe when he gets close to shipping I may change my mind. I also inquired about accessories since the Medi Maul details weren't complete, but he will not have his mask, what a waste that is.

I foolishly placed an order for Hannibal when he first went up, But I know I'll cancel if there's no improvement to the head sculpt shown before he starts to ship. That head sculpt is just atrocious.

No mask is a super lame move... Medicom really seems to have dropped the ball on this one. Too bad since hes a figure people have been clamoring for.

Back