Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered two. One for myself, one for my partner. I guess we'll be able to display masked and unmasked side by side! I'm very excited to get the Returns suit. I've wanted the original release since it came out, but it was outside my budget 10 years ago. Like everyone else, I'm anxious to see if HT screws this up by messing with it. I was one of the many who cancelled the deluxe '89 2.0 because of the texture and inaccuracies. Returns is my favorite Batsuit, my favorite movie of the bunch, and one of my favorite films of all time. So, between this and Jazzinc., I'm feeling very spoiled all of a sudden. It's been a long time coming!

Is this perfect? No. But if it ain't broke, don't add texture to it, Hot Toys! I would have loved to have seen an extra, bleeding unmasked portrait. A dynamite bomb and (iconic) murder-smile. But still. This new Keaton head-sculpt is a marked improvement over the OG. I'm sure we'll see customs down the line.

There’s no coupons through SS, unless you’re using rewards. I’m POing with Alter Ego Comics, no tax, cheaper shipping (double box included), and their distributer is SS anyways. I’m getting it $40 cheaper with them, $320 out the door after NRD.
I ended up getting it for $105 off after rewards and an NRD refund, was being a bit greedy looking for a coupon to throw in the mix. So annoyed with the ‘89 2.0 and this Jaxon cape rotting away until Hollidays ‘25, that I want to pay as little as I possibly can for this. :gah:

Maybe, but Keaton's slightly more sadistic take on the character is why he was so awesome in the first place. He had no problem killing some peeps when it was necessary. 😁
Of course, I loved him as Bats but he was the only representation that actually killed ..not even Bale , who I thought was
Maybe, but Keaton's slightly more sadistic take on the character is why he was so awesome in the first place. He had no problem killing some peeps when it was necessary. 😁
it was more of Burton putting his twisted humor though if I had to venture :lol but I got to give Burton credit .he really made Keaton’s Batman a standout

I personally don’t think anything on the cowl sculpt is final, and currently all reuse from the 1.0, except for the rolling eyes and paint? Along with the suit itself. As always, could be wrong, but it explains the lack of sheen on the emblem which will be rectified no doubt in production.

I believe they just wanted to get it up quickly for the 85th Anniversary announcement.

Back hatch will be done away with just like ‘89 2.0, which leads me to believe the entire cowl and faceplates will be retooled. Why would they stop at the hatch.

I don’t see them sticking it out a years stretch, they’ve been altering everything lately before release, for better or worse of course. The main faceplate looks good enough, don’t like the other two at all if what we’re seeing is to be final.

IMG_4527.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 726837

- Deluxe Base - Two Swap Out Pieces.
- Two Headsculpts, Rolling Eyes.
- Torn Cowl.
- Wired ‘89 2.0 Drape Cape
- Newly Tooled Wing Cape
- Three Faceplaces, Future Update Possible, Not Certain
- Hands + Accessories

Overall, I think it’s an adequate release for $340, though I’d definitely look to source a coupon code + rewards option. Some people paid $400 out the door for the ‘89 2.0 at SS.

Where is Nicholson 2.0.
He needs this treatment if not Artisan.

If Nicholson 2.0, please not Artisan, where it depends on luck to get it.

If Nicholson 2.0, please not Artisan, where it depends on luck to get it.
When I say Artisan, I mean like one Artisan rooted limited release, along side a standard, like most of their Artisans have had accompany them. This makes everyone happy, sadly I’m not too certain we’ll see it happen. I’ve had to go custom, with DX08 to offer parts.

OH HELL YES. Also my 1989 shipped! Can't wait for that. My first Batman was the WB100th Anniversary Gray/Blue but that's being kept in the box. The Batman Returns suit has grown on me so much. I used to hate it but I love the entire art deco thing they did with the movie. LOVE IT especially the cape/material.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-20-hot-toys-912970?var=912970

Yeah, the Affleck is so recent it hasn’t yet released. Maul including two sculpts at $285 also kind of proves my point that while $55 may be a fair price for an after-market head, it’s not the going rate for what Hot Toys typically charges to throw a second head in the box (I know you get the diorama here too, but you also lose the regular stand).

Yeah, I guess the extra base "Cat head" is considered a 2nd head... :D

I personally don’t think anything on the cowl sculpt is final, and currently all reuse from the 1.0, except for the rolling eyes and paint? Along with the suit itself. As always, could be wrong, but it explains the lack of sheen on the emblem which will be rectified no doubt in production.

I believe they just wanted to get it up quickly for the 85th Anniversary announcement.

Back hatch will be done away with just like ‘89 2.0, which leads me to believe the entire cowl and faceplates will be retooled. Why would they stop at the hatch.

I don’t see them sticking it out a years stretch, they’ve been altering everything lately before release, for better or worse of course. The main faceplate looks good enough, don’t like the other two at all if what we’re seeing is to be final.

View attachment 726860
Yeah I expect we'll get an update post shortly before release with the improvements they've made. Those faceplates just look far too dated now.

Wow, with T-800 and now this, HT just knocked out two of my biggest wants right in a row. I'd ordered the '89 just to have a Keaton represented, but the Returns suit might be my favorite film look for any Batman, so I guess now I'll have them both. Would be cool to see the Catwoman and Penguin they implied were coming so long ago, but not holding my breath.

Yeah I expect we'll get an update post shortly before release with the improvements they've made. Those faceplates just look far too dated now.
Agreed, especially next to the new Keaton sculpt. No way they’ll reuse the old faceplates if they’re willing to hire Yixie to sculpt a new Keaton sculpt.

The only real certain reuse will be the ‘89 cape, utility belt, hands, boots, accessories, suit, and standard base.

Last edited:
Wow, with T-800 and now this, HT just knocked out two of my biggest wants right in a row. I'd ordered the '89 just to have a Keaton represented, but the Returns suit might be my favorite film look for any Batman, so I guess now I'll have them both. Would be cool to see the Catwoman and Penguin they implied were coming so long ago, but not holding my breath.
Pretty wild to see ‘92 Batman, ‘91 Terminator and Beetlejuice pinned on Hot Toys social accounts in 2024!

IMG_6581.jpeg

Got the 1.0 and am basically retired from HT at this point, but glad to see this has a more improved Keaton sculpt!

I don't see keaton at all in that unmasked sculpt. Something about the hair is off, too. Then again, I haven't seen returns since the '90s, so maybe I'm misremembering haha

Last edited:
Back