Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are missing one of these from that Photo to complete your set..

Not anymore :yess:
IMG_3268.jpg

Welldone!

A great collection you have there with the games and strategy guides.

Did you get the MGS4 Strategy Guide in a hard cover?

mgs4hc.jpg

Na didn't get that one mainly wanted the Piggyback guides to match the covers of the games and didn't get the MGS4 limited version.
But maybe one day :)

Not anymore :yess:
IMG_3268.jpg

I was thinking about getting this, more so to see how well the graphics are in HD.

Is there a huge difference?

I remember MGS2 and MGS3 were pretty decent on PS2.

Obviously they would have the ability to smooth out all the 'block looking pixels'.

Na didn't get that one mainly wanted the Piggyback guides to match the covers of the games and didn't get the MGS4 limited version.
But maybe one day :)
Ah I see, good to keep it consistent.

Awesome!

Yep, I'm literally pinching every penny to try and save for this guy. I'm even thinking of selling off some rarer pieces in my collection to fund this thing...

I was thinking about getting this, more so to see how well the graphics are in HD.

Is there a huge difference?

I remember MGS2 and MGS3 were pretty decent on PS2.

Obviously they would have the ability to smooth out all the 'block looking pixels'.
Animation looks exactly the same. I think it's just that you get better resolution of the same animation on larger screens. So, what you saw that looked really good back in the day on a 25 inch, traditional projection screen TV looks equivalently good on a 40+ inch HD screen.

I'm talking about the artbooks that were released for each individual game. MGS1, MGS2, then a MGS 1.5 version artbook, MGS3, MGS4

There actually wasn't an art book for MGS 3. Except for a small section of art in the MGS 3 Limited Edition guide.

There actually wasn't an art book for MGS 3. Except for a small section of art in the MGS 3 Limited Edition guide.

Ah yes, thanks for the correction, MGS 3 only had the "Countdown" book that was released, no official art of MGS3.

My comment still stands for the other artbooks for MGS 1, 2, and 4, which were missing in the MGS collection photo that was posted earlier in the thread. Very rare and hard to find these days also in Japan.

Last edited:
The wife and I have been looking at glass cabinets and or display coffee tables for Rex. Legit lol

That is awesome, any news on official preorder date?

edit: probably already posted, but found that orders apparently open in January 2012

Last edited:
Animation looks exactly the same. I think it's just that you get better resolution of the same animation on larger screens. So, what you saw that looked really good back in the day on a 25 inch, traditional projection screen TV looks equivalently good on a 40+ inch HD screen.
Yeah right.

I guess it's still worth getting if you're a mega MGS fan.

Anyone getting all the new Play Arts figures and whatever Hot Toys has up their sleeves next year?

I am a bit conflicted actually as I want to stick to one scale for my MGS figures. I love that Play Arts is releasing all the classic characters from the older games, but their scale is totally different compared to the 1/6 Hot Toys stuff. I already sold off two of my MGS3 Medicom RAH figures because I was waiting for the new Hot Toys ones, but I am not so sure about picking those up now since the Play Arts stuff is so much cheaper and more characters are being released under that line.

If only Hot Toys are making all the classic characters from MGS1, 2, and even 4 too. :/

Anyone getting all the new Play Arts figures and whatever Hot Toys has up their sleeves next year?

I am a bit conflicted actually as I want to stick to one scale for my MGS figures. I love that Play Arts is releasing all the classic characters from the older games, but their scale is totally different compared to the 1/6 Hot Toys stuff. I already sold off two of my MGS3 Medicom RAH figures because I was waiting for the new Hot Toys ones, but I am not so sure about picking those up now since the Play Arts stuff is so much cheaper and more characters are being released under that line.

If only Hot Toys are making all the classic characters from MGS1, 2, and even 4 too. :/

Well, I've kept my 1/6 MGS3 Snake, as he's the only character I'd really want a figure of. I'm planning to make REX my next biggy. After that, no money left anyways so the choice is made for me :lol Then again, I'm going for the minimalist approach to collecting these days. One or two select pieces from a property. As much as I like the play arts stuff they aren't in scale with any of my other stuff, and I don't plan to buy more than one iteration of a character anyways. I'm waiting to see what hot toys has up their sleeves for the series and go from there.

The only way that I'd get REX is if Sideshow gets some stock, and offers it on flex-payment. I didn't sign up for Bambaland, because I absolutely hate the idea of being left $500 in the hole, from a single payment :lol.

The only way that I'd get REX is if Sideshow gets some stock, and offers it on flex-payment. I didn't sign up for Bambaland, because I absolutely hate the idea of being left $500 in the hole, from a single payment :lol.

Haha, I hear ya man. That's what credit is for :yess:

Too right man. I heard that since its exclusive payment with paypal it'll give you the "bill me later" option.
I think it works like a credit card but i was told on the 3a board its only for the U.S - i hope thats not the case

Back