Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never know what the hold up is. For all we know they may be raring to go but something is holding them back? Kojima maybe? All this talk of hating HT etc I just find funny. I want these more than I want batman and iron man stuff myself but i'm not gonna boycott hot toys or anything :lol:

If you look at some Yoji artwork she has that same smirk (well maybe not as funny looking)

You know that Ray will be the same size right? you'll be missing out :p

I'm pissed at Hot Toys. They announced it in Jan 2011! has any other Hot Toy fig taken that long??
I'm not gonna buy a fig from em unless it MGS

I do know it'll be the same size but if i have to choose only 1 - I would prefer Ray.
dont ask "why Ray?" IDK, i just like it more.
(but looking at the picture Rex .... I'm doubting myself as the picture screams
DON'T LISTEN TO UR BRAIN GET IT OR REGRET IT! & FORGET ABOUT RAY! IT'll TAKE YEARS)

I personally don't hate Hottoys, more like disappointment with the QC issue and delays.

If Ray does come out this year it won't be till near the end methinks. Can't wait for it either, maybe it'll come with a mini Ocelot.

I've yet to buy a HT fig since the prices are soo steep. My must haves are MGS but I'll have to see how it turns out. I'm hoping they'll make Snake look like the Art or in-game models rather than the awful CG renders.

Maybe the delay is due to Rex and Play Art releasing 1st Q of 2012?

Maybe the delay is due to Rex and Play Art releasing 1st Q of 2012?

.... after reading ur post, i remember seeing this yesterday
screenshot20120119at904.png

(from Hottoys Facebook) ThreeA visits Hot Toys office
Renowned Artist & Professional Illustrator Ashley Wood and Kim Fung Wong from threeA Toys visited our office yesterday!

asign.png

but is it the one we are waiting for

If Rex is anything to go by then Ray will have the ability to be both :)

On 3A visiting HT. Ash just posted up a very cryptic "colab" after talking about Batmans PERS eye system :O

I'm pissed at Hot Toys. They announced it in Jan 2011! has any other Hot Toy fig taken that long??
I'm not gonna buy a fig from em unless it MGS

Every other figure that was announced at the same time has been released or up for P.O now, even SuckerPunch. WTF?

Maybe its something other than popularity stopping them since theyve released stuff less popular than MGS last year

Yeah, Hot Toys is certainly taking a long time on MGS. But, since you've never collected (or pre-ordered) a Hot Toys figure before, I'm finding your reaction a bit perplexing. It's pretty obvious that you're not into high end figure collecting, so in the mean time, why not just stick with the other products (eg. Play Arts Kai) that will keep you satisfied? :dunno

Several years ago, many of us were clamoring for Hot Toys to even make MGS, and then out of the blue they announced the license in Dec. 2010. Even though it's been very long since then, at least we have something to go on now, instead of chasing a distant dream (like we were years back) in hopes that Hot Toys would even consider the MGS series in their line-up.

These figures are going to happen, regardless of the reason for the hold-up. If Ashley Wood can take nearly three years to release the first photos of his completed ThreeA REX prototype, then anything is possible (although I doubt that Hot Toys will take that long).

From what I've read/heard Kojima is very VERY hard to please. So I would say that may have something to do with the delays from both 3A and Hot Toys. The thing I'm disappointed by is that after all this waiting the first figure released is Snake from Peace Walker.

^lolage.

one more pic

AjbwEa5CIAA_Lpx.jpg:large

reading on Kojis twitter he implies they are still changing her, something. here's the translated quote

"Merrill figures this time of MGS1 Design Shin-chan, equipment, setting a new transcript, the prototype was made on them."

:clap She looks incredable! Can't wait to have her and snake next to each other.
Hopefully they will do Sniper Wolf next!

Yeah, Hot Toys is certainly taking a long time on MGS. But, since you've never collected (or pre-ordered) a Hot Toys figure before, I'm finding your reaction a bit perplexing. It's pretty obvious that you're not into high end figure collecting, so in the mean time, why not just stick with the other products (eg. Play Arts Kai) that will keep you satisfied? :dunno

Several years ago, many of us were clamoring for Hot Toys to even make MGS, and then out of the blue they announced the license in Dec. 2010. Even though it's been very long since then, at least we have something to go on now, instead of chasing a distant dream (like we were years back) in hopes that Hot Toys would even consider the MGS series in their line-up.

These figures are going to happen, regardless of the reason for the hold-up. If Ashley Wood can take nearly three years to release the first photos of his completed ThreeA REX prototype, then anything is possible (although I doubt that Hot Toys will take that long).

True. I lied, im proli gonna get the Rises Batman since i discovered Hot Toys after they released DX02 Bats. I have most of the Medicom figures but I'm dying for HT quality stuff. Have Hot Toys taken this long before with a license?
Like Pass The Joint said id much prefer Snake and Raiden figs before BigBoss, so who knows how long that will take? :gah:

I wasn't upset with the 3A stuff cuz i was too young to afford it when it was first shown anyway lol

:clap She looks incredable! Can't wait to have her and snake next to each other.
Hopefully they will do Sniper Wolf next!
:goodpost:
Im really curious how far Square is gonna go with this line :pray:

From what I've read/heard Kojima is very VERY hard to please. So I would say that may have something to do with the delays from both 3A and Hot Toys. The thing I'm disappointed by is that after all this waiting the first figure released is Snake from Peace Walker.

I'm thinking ThreeA's Rex pleased him quite a bit since he has those pictures of it that he took.

Hi,
I was running this thread backward until page ~160. Very nice customs here. But THE END from elvis takes the cake! Thanks! Thats just great to see!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Solidus, or any MGS2 figs, was the last thing i thought id see next to Meryl. It was a great surprise but im confused what order they're gonna release the figs now. Super Pumped!

Hopefully we see even more protos at Toy Fair (coming mid-Feb)

p.s Snake and Grey Fox gave been pushed back to March :(

Man, I've been on the forums too long. Whenever someone mentions the word "solidus", my initial reaction is always "huh??", then I see that they're talking about MGS :lol.

Anyway, it's good that Play Arts is making a Solidus figure! I have the old McFarlane MGS 2 Solidus from years back, and it's a pretty cool figure, but certainly not on par with Play Arts quality.

I think Solidus was the best of the figs McFarlane made, followed by Raiden. The rest were absolute garbage. Its been to long but from the looks of it, its worth it

I think Solidus was the best of the figs McFarlane made, followed by Raiden. The rest were absolute garbage. Its been to long but from the looks of it, its worth it

Glade to hear someone else thinks that way too.

I liked them when they first came out but I was pretty young and would take any MGS stuff I could get my hands on but I was willing to trade those for the Medicom UDF "figures" and those were not all that great either.

Back