Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they will. I'm also counting on Sideshow to get this. Ashley Wood said that he'd be making other versions of REX, also.

True but this looks like the original rex from mgs1. I really wouldnt want any other version. I really dont know if other retailers will get this due to the price point and complexity. I dont really see this having an open run because it is going to be a very complicated piece to make.

and the price is $490 including worldwide shipping. if you are 3AA then you get 15% off. Alot of non mgs fans that are 3aa are passing on this so someone might be willing to buy it for you and use their discount. ive seen some postings about it.

True but this looks like the original rex from mgs1. I really wouldnt want any other version. I really dont know if other retailers will get this due to the price point and complexity. I dont really see this having an open run because it is going to be a very complicated piece to make.

and the price is $490 including worldwide shipping. if you are 3AA then you get 15% off. Alot of non mgs fans that are 3aa are passing on this so someone might be willing to buy it for you and use their discount. ive seen some postings about it.

Looks more like REX from MGS4
_proxy

For some reason i cant get the image to embed, but heres a link:
https://www.threeaonline.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/mgs1.jpg

It totally looks like mgs1 not 4 in my opinion. There looks like there is more rust and damage in the screenshot then the prototype

You could totally be right though. I just want it badly so i am not waiting to see if it is released on retailer sites or any other way later on. Plus ill get my discount.

Last edited:
Can't get it then, they should take a hint from HT and let people pay at time of shipping or pay it off.

:pray: sideshow or OSB get's this, otherwise :(

OSB wont be getting this as they nolonger do retail exclusives plus any figures sold on Bamabland do not go out to Retail, retailers may get a different versions......so sideshow may get REX but not this version and prob not for a long time if at all.

So bootom line if you can't get this version from Bambaland then its the secondary market for you, e.g. eBay !

HT are a big company so can suck the costs of production and get money on shipping, 3A are still small and use the pre-order funds to pay for production alas.

I'm assuming they will make to numbers order and prob have a rough idea of how many they can make.

^Thanks for the info! It looks like I'll be holding out this time around then. I really wanted Sideshow to get some so that I could use my reward points to pay for a good portion of the order. Maybe next time..

So has anyone with gray fox in hand even tried to open the face plate on the helmet?

The helmet does'nt open, it's scupted.. and supposed that the figure came with an extra opened headsculpt.
Maybe the open head comes with the Solid Snake figure? Who knows.:dunno

I'm hoping I can scoop up a Rex. I think he'd be awesome next to Iron Monger when he comes out.

Wanted OSB to get this (my first 3A) but even if I was able to get the conversion rate and fees etc would make it a nightmare near £500. :(.

Looks like I am forced out from getting the big Rex. sigh

Urg I'm wrestling with buyin this myself or leaving it in the hands of a local retailer (I have a couple gift cards wih them and they assure me they can get it but I don't think they realize how limited it is). Does 3a take visa????

as long as you use your visa card through paypal then fine....

oh and good news people, someone has posted on the 3A board that they received a message from 3A saying that REX will be available through sideshow, I guess given its a licensed product and the cost then are letting retailers get it as well. :clap

Wanted to share this here with some MGS FAN.

First my WIP Solid Snake.
Bear in mind that the suit isn't final and I still have lots of work to do.
But so far so good.

P1010839.jpg

P1010830.jpg

and my custom OLD SNAKE.

I repainted my olive drab snake and put it on an advanced body.
Also bought one of those crappy head you foind on ebay and modded it.
Shortened the forehead and sculpted a bandana and of cours repainted it.

P1010798.jpg

P1010799.jpg

as long as you use your visa card through paypal then fine....

oh and good news people, someone has posted on the 3A board that they received a message from 3A saying that REX will be available through sideshow, I guess given its a licensed product and the cost then are letting retailers get it as well. :clap

I asked 3A they didn't respond, asked Sideshow they had no knowledge, but the time doesn coincide with Sideshows usually thursdaypre-order schedule, so it could.

How long u think this will stay in-stock on bambaland?

Back