Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snake is absolutely FANTASTIC. I for one am made up with it, and I must admit the toy fair showing had me worried. :yess:

If that IS production version, it's much better than those convention 'under-lit' photos. His face (and partially badana) still looks a bit off thou.

I think the issue with the face is they went for the realistic look. Id say in-game and art Snake has a more stylistic, maybe "anime-ish", look to him which i prefer. They actually had that with the early unpainted sculpt. I think the Lego figures face is more faithful to Snake XD
On the bandana i think the sculpt is great, if not a little wider than normal.

Overall though they look fantastic, while both figures have some inconsistencies with the original art by trying to be modern they are the best representations of our fav MGS1 characters

I've said it before, but to me he looks really similar to the concept artwork.

Mgs-solid-snake.jpg

That same sort of gaunt sickly face, which I dig.

So for the ThreeA Toys Rex, what do you think would make for a better display. The MGS Kubricks fighting on top of it, or the SE Play Arts displyed near it? Right now I'm leaning towards the Kurbicks.

Also does HT have the MGS1 license or just MGS3 or MGS Everything?

Oppps. Found the Medicom MGS 1 Snake, Liquid, and Ninja. My ThreeA Rex will be complete!

Any idea if they'll making a Ray?

I thought they where more like 10" or so. Maybe that was the older MGS figures they did.

This is how I'm gonna display my Rex! - along with my old 1/72 Rex. It should be something like this -
6813519532_80bb0700a2_b.jpg

Oh and with my old Konami mini figure collections (Although they are from MGS2,
I can use Snake, Revolver Ocelot, Otakon & Cyborg Ninja)
6959670481_842bbf03c4_b.jpg

I've been looking for a picture of Play Arts MGS figures side by side with Hot Toys Predator. (I'm curious about the height)

With some slight forced perspective they would work well, but right next to each other I would expect them to look too small.

This is one of the older figures next to the Medicom Snake, who's small for a 1/6 scale figure (around 10-ish inches). The new MGS Kai stuff might be smaller, I don't know.

1279613045864.jpg

Back