Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the first image when it was prepoing to go up for sale

420869_277825322288439_134209063316733_665736_81480772_n.jpg

And this the day or so of the sale...

ZTUmn.jpg

Does the colour look different to anyone else, more green less gunmetal, or is it just the lighting?

I never realized just how big it was gonna be, 19" depth is MASSIVE and the rail gun at 23" i think it can just fit in my current lighted display cabinet.

Two different box designs, huh? Maybe the Bambaland one will feature art from Ashley Wood, while the other one will just have the image of the REX figure. Pure speculation of course.

I guess that I'll just have to buy the Bambaland box off of someone when the time comes :D

Just pre-ordered MGR today - had some credit at Gamestop to use up.

Anyone who has both PS3 & Xbox getting this on Xbox instead of PS3?

Just wondering...

Just pre-ordered MGR today - had some credit at Gamestop to use up.

Anyone who has both PS3 & Xbox getting this on Xbox instead of PS3?

Just wondering...

Well, judging from previous releases like Bayonetta, the X-Box 360 did tend to run much smoother than the PS3. But, that was two years ago. I'm sure that Platinum Games have improved their engine since then.

But, I'll be getting Rising for the PS3, since all of my MGS games are already on Playstation-based consoles. Well, that, and I don't have a 360 :lol.

COUNT ME iN! Pre-ordered today at SS. Can't wait to receive this masterpiece. This is really the year of XXL pieces for me. Batmobile 89, Indy City of Tanis Map Room, and now Rex. I really need to move to a bigger place. Oh well...

Made my pre order deposit yesterday, cant wait to have it in hand.
(heard that there might be more coming apart from Ray, so let's wait and see)

You mean have it in 'hands' :joy Rex is freaking huge

Can't wait to see what Bambaland's exclusive box art's going to look like. I was planning on displaying Rex on top of the box, since I'm not sure if it can fit into any standard display cases.

Which brings me to another question, what are people's plans on displaying Rex? Seems like he's going to need a separate display case/section of the room on his own.

Well, judging from previous releases like Bayonetta, the X-Box 360 did tend to run much smoother than the PS3. But, that was two years ago. I'm sure that Platinum Games have improved their engine since then.

But, I'll be getting Rising for the PS3, since all of my MGS games are already on Playstation-based consoles. Well, that, and I don't have a 360 :lol.

Thattaboy :hi5:

Which brings me to another question, what are people's plans on displaying Rex? Seems like he's going to need a separate display case/section of the room on his own.

This reminds me i'm gonna have to measure up my biggest display cabinet :lol if it fits it's going in there, 360° glass, shelf to itself, interior lighting, it's gonna rule all :rock

You mean have it in 'hands' :joy Rex is freaking huge

True true, my bad:wink1:

The question of how&where to display it was the first issue i have, and i
havent got it figured out. Might just put it on my IKEA chest which seems like the most sensible ans for now.

This reminds me i'm gonna have to measure up my biggest display cabinet :lol if it fits it's going in there, 360° glass, shelf to itself, interior lighting, it's gonna rule all :rock
Just imagining about it is already awesome. Also, Rex deserves its own
thread.

"Product Size:
14.0" H (355.6mm) x 14.0" W (355.6mm) x 19.00" L (4...82.6mm)

Laser Cannon:
23.00" L (584.2mm)*

Box Size:
15.00" H (381mm) x 15.00" W (381mm) x 20.00" L (508mm)*

Oh my Rex is gonna be a beast. Trying to visualize this and all I can come up with is freaking huge. Never owned anything 3A but I have a feeling this will be my most prized piece when I get my hands on it.

'89 Batmobile + MG Rex = I'm gonna need a bigger house :(

I have also have those two on pre-order! :hi5:

But, yeah, I agree. I have no room to display either, or both of them right now. I'm planning on moving soon, so hopefully I'll have a big enough space.

"Product Size:
14.0" H (355.6mm) x 14.0" W (355.6mm) x 19.00" L (4...82.6mm)

Laser Cannon:
23.00" L (584.2mm)*

Box Size:
15.00" H (381mm) x 15.00" W (381mm) x 20.00" L (508mm)*

Oh my Rex is gonna be a beast. Trying to visualize this and all I can come up with is freaking huge. Never owned anything 3A but I have a feeling this will be my most prized piece when I get my hands on it.

Those box dimensions are too small! It's only a 1 inch clearance around the sides compared to the figure. It looks like I'll have to request a pack out from Sideshow again.

Back