Metal Gear Solid Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre order will start from 27 August.
https://www.first4figures.com/blog/...vQkvocw2JWNoqbj6Ng_aem_jcc6CbAeL11ZmNf9YgFrjg

1000076421.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing how they pull of the clothes. My main concern, is that this statue in particular might look too cartoony with paint instead of real fabric. The jacket in that pic looks a bit too textured as well.

Yeah, I don't think the clothes translate too well. By comparison, a wet-suit (like for MGS 1 or MGS 2 Solid Snake) would be different, since the clothing is smooth and can be simulated well with paint application.

is that mgs4 mark 2 able to be bought still? i know im years late lmao

I don't believe that a Mk. II was ever officially released. I've seen some independent 3D print projects of it, and there's a paper-craft currently available for download.

Been impulsively considering the Zii.PROduction Solid Snake lately. Any thoughts?

I don't have it myself, but it seems like a good figure with some inaccuracies (wrong texture of the suit, no musculature on the body, inaccurate pouches). I'd only consider it as placeholder until something better comes out. Maybe the Lim Toys MGS figures if they ever get around to releasing them.

Been impulsively considering the Zii.PROduction Solid Snake lately. Any thoughts?
I posted my modded zii figure a few pages back. I Like it after my mods but it’s still not perfect. As stock, I’m not sure it’s worth the price. I guess it depends on how much you want to scratch the solid snake itch at 1:6 scale versus how much you’re willing to wait for a better figure from some other company.

A bit stylized there with The Boss' ghost, but it does capture the spiritual elements of MGS 3 as well as the boss fight with Peace Walker
:unsure: . I think it would've been better if they painted the white lilies on her ghost, to make it seems as if her spirit was traveling in the wind.

Although, if I were getting this, I'd probably remove her from the diorama. That scene was meant to capture the loss, betrayal and loneliness that Big Boss felt. Having The Boss there takes away from it from its impact, I believe. Adds to the shipping price too with a bigger box needed :lol.

Yeah, it looks strange. I also think they could've shrunk the dioramas down a bit and not make the huge hunk of brown plastic on the sides so apparent.. It looks like Big Boss is standing on a stage :lol

Be nice if someone made a new MGR Raiden in 1/6...

I've always considered getting the HT version but it's really old and the hair looks like it's sculpted from hot glue plus the apparent elbow issues.
I have a Inferno version. I remember seeing the figure cheap on BBTS with credit. Wish I grabbed it then. I agree though, would love another, or a 3rd party one!

Back