Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to finally make some replacement shoulder joints for McFarlane ray. Still is the best looking Ray figure produced so far. Shame its built quality is so garbage. I have two of these things and the shoulders on both of them shattered or cracked. Only had red filament, so not ideal. I decided to forego the ratchecting bump in the joint and just make it a tight friction joint instead because the bump kills the teeth on the gear.

ray joints.jpg

Decided to finally make some replacement shoulder joints for McFarlane ray. Still is the best looking Ray figure produced so far. Shame its built quality is so garbage. I have two of these things and the shoulders on both of them shattered or cracked. Only had red filament, so not ideal. I decided to forego the ratchecting bump in the joint and just make it a tight friction joint instead because the bump kills the teeth on the gear.

View attachment 706794
Better than the 3A version?

I believe they're totally different. The 3A one is based off Metal Gear 4 (or Rising) and the McFarlane one is based on Metal Gear 2, which has a tail.

View attachment 706794

This is really awesome, I have two of these and both have broken joints. Are these 3D printed?

I believe they're totally different. The 3A one is based off Metal Gear 4 (or Rising) and the McFarlane one is based on Metal Gear 2, which has a tail.

This is really awesome, I have two of these and both have broken joints. Are these 3D printed?

Yes. I uploaded the 3D files to thingiverse in case anyone wants to print their own or tweak the design. They take about 30 minutes a piece to print.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6654223

I think so. I like the colors on the MGS2 version more. The knees are different and it has the tail. Like if 3A had done the MGS2 ray, I'm sure it'd be better, but they only had the license for the MGS4 one. I would love it if they did an MGS2 Mini ray.

Back