MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a DHL shipping notice a few days ago, then another today for authorization of delivery without signature. There isn't any update on the tracking, nor any noticeable movement on the parcel's progress through the system or any indication of travel through their checkpoints. I doubt these MacReadys are ready to be are arriving very soon.

My guess is it's just all of our tracking numbers scanned and into their system with a shipping container being loaded somewhere in China. We're just getting the protocol that our parcels are in the process of happening, but it could be several days before there's real movement across the ocean.

Not quite the courier service (i.e. parcel ships and shows up at our door within 48 hours) that we're used to. I've had this happen with DHL international Ebay shipments before where the parcel arrives one or two weeks after they have it in their tracking system. Of course, it could show up tomorrow and I'll eat my words and let you all roast me for it.

Nah mate - you are right to doubt them - I trust them to provide the same delivery experience as a chicken with its head cut off - and chickens don't charge OTT fees! :naughty

Mine's been on the move since yesterday:

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

6Shipment has departed from a DHL facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC03:34
5Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC02:27

Monday, August 12, 2024

4Arrived at DHL Sort Facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC23:44
3Shipment has departed from a DHL facility CHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICCHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC22:42
2Processed at CHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICCHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC21:58
1Shipment picked upCHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC16:06

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

6Shipment has departed from a DHL facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC03:34
5Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC02:27

Monday, August 12, 2024

4Arrived at DHL Sort Facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC23:44
3Shipment has departed from a DHL facility CHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICCHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC22:42
2Processed at CHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICCHAOSHAN & HUIZHOU AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC21:58

Ah - but is it REALLY your shipment - or an imitation? :unsure:

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Monday, August 12, 2024

But it's just moving around China!

I see the same movement on my tracking today. It still has to cross an ocean, then it will be a different story when it travels through North American checkpoints in my case. The latter should be 2 days, but it has to get out of China first.

Ah - but is it REALLY your shipment - or an imitation? :unsure:

:unsure:

But it's just moving around China!

I see the same movement on my tracking today. It still has to cross an ocean, then it will be a different story when it travels through North American checkpoints in my case. The latter should be 2 days, but it has to get out of China first.

There's an international airport at Shenzen, which is where I presume it's heading.

O.png

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but the Mc at SDCC was production and not a prototype or countersample

I've never had a Mondo figure yet, but I ordered this one. Do they have a reputation for having poor quality releases?
I think this is the first figure of this type- real human character in mixed media- that they've done, so we are all curious about it.

I think this is the first figure of this type- real human character in mixed media- that they've done, so we are all curious about it.

About eight years ago they made an Alfred Hitchcock figure, but I don't remember seeing many in-hand pictures of it. The sculpt was by Trevor Grove and looked very good, but the prototype suit wasn't especially well tailored even for the time.

But I think this is their first realistic human figure since then, and that was so long ago that it probably can't tell us much about what to expect from Macready.

MacReady didn't depart from Shenzen International but carried on to Hong Kong and took off from there yesterday. Stopped over in Leipzig, Germany, and arrived in the UK about half an hour ago.
May I ask what kind of tracking you are using to get such a detailed rapport? All I get is “has left people’s republic of china “ …

May I ask what kind of tracking you are using to get such a detailed rapport? All I get is “has left people’s republic of china “ …

Just from the regular DHL tracking pages. There's two options, either the 'Track shipment' link in the email DHL sent, or from the MYDHL page.

Both show the same information, but in a different format.

This is from the email link:

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

19Shipment has departed from a DHL facility EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK05:50
18Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK05:18
17Customs clearance status updated. Note - The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination.EAST MIDLANDS - UK04:26
16Clearance processing complete at EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK04:26
15Arrived at DHL Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK04:18
14Shipment has departed from a DHL facility LEIPZIG - GERMANYLEIPZIG - GERMANY03:33
13Customs clearance status updated. Note - The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination.EAST MIDLANDS - UK03:05
12Customs clearance status updated. Note - The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination.EAST MIDLANDS - UK03:02
11Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANYLEIPZIG - GERMANY00:51
10Arrived at DHL Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANYLEIPZIG - GERMANY00:13

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

9Shipment has departed from a DHL facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINAHONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA17:36
8Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINAHONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA16:36
7Arrived at DHL Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINAHONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA14:50
6Shipment has departed from a DHL facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC13:12
5Processed at SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC12:20
4Arrived at DHL Sort Facility SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLICSHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC05:54

Monday, August 12, 2024

Back